1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riot Grrls and how to use them

Discussion in 'StarCo' started by Skyhusky, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

It can be worth using TeamPro at times.

If nothing else, there's reasons to take the EVO Repeater that mean it's an option you appreciate.

2. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I think the point is you can just take Uhahuh instead and her flexibility brings much more then the Evo most the lists. It's a viable option if you want to exloid team Pro plus AD, but f.e. White Noise is a really useful option too. I guess if you also want to bring a Feuerbach Tsyklon you can boost the EVO might worth it, but most list with HI link teams won't.

3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Uhahu is crazy good, it's true

Assault Pistol and NWI and Cybermask makes her a right little killer if she needs to be, too

4. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

It's tough. I want to use it, but I have trouble justifying an EVO in any StarCo list. There isn't enough AD going on that I wouldn't be willing to spend an order on Uhahu to Guide Combat Jump. I tried to make a StarCo robots list, but the REM AVA is so limited compared to Nomads that I don't see the point of that either. Hey, if it works for you, though.

5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

If the G:Servant is in a Null then its automatic skills turn off, it is therefore no longer a G:Servant and consequently doesn't have a controller.

6. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

So if you're playing AGAINST StarCo, and your opponent is dancing Zondbots out in the open, the correct response is to *not* shoot it.

For StarCo players, Zondbots just became premier minesweepers.

wildchevy likes this.
  7. Jassal2.0

Jassal2.0 Member

I don't understand.

8. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

If you can get Avicenna's zondbot killed you can then reform the fireteam including her (based on earlier discussions in the thread).

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Waste like that gets you spaced on Corregidor. Anyways I don't feel like I have much use for Uhahu or regular HD while EVO has automatic skills AND supportware I can actually use.

They already were for everyone, unless they have Koalas or Echos.

Jassal2.0 likes this.
  10. inane.imp

Morlocks are better minesweepers than Zondbots. Morlocks have a 70% chance of surviving a mine that they dodge (assuming irrelevant Metachemistry rolls). Whereas Zondbots allow me to keep Piwell alive after a Cateran crits him with a T2 Sniper Rifle.

But yes, it honestly doesn't really change much. If I was leaving Avi as an optional 6th Link member I probably wouldn't give her Zondbots.

I'm much more likely to give the Zondbots to the Irmadhino so that they can minesweep with their Ext Impetuous order.

Jassal2.0 and loricus like this.
  11. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I usually walk my AD in from the side, and only use the template if I am in a bind, so I don't even know that I will need the combat jump bonus, even with multiple hellcats-in-waiting. I hear you on the order efficiency, though. If I was going to template every game, I would be more inclined to EVO.

I have had some recent success with running a core grrls link with Avicenna and doing the Emily-Uhahu duo. The duo trails the grrls up the board and if Avicenna bites it, the link can reform and top off with Emily. I appreciate the link resiliency that provides and now Uhahu is up the board where her pitcher and hacking area is much more of a threat. I don't think I would spend the orders to move around Uhahu otherwise, and I would agree she is much less useful parked in the DZ without that Nomads repeater network.

12. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

A Hacking Device Plus isn't just a Hacking Device with 3 upgrades (4 for Uhahu). You get access to level 2 Claw and Shield programs as well. It's an extremely useful tool. EVOs are great, but they are purely support pieces. An HD+ can do limited support, but it's a far superior offensive weapon.

13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

It doesn't have any support I care about, so it's just a more dedicated AHD with worse programs. For my uses a Hawwa or Hellcat AHD would be better.

14. wellspokenman

Different strokes. Unless I build my list specifically for an EVO I find them of marginal use. I'm not fond of AHDs either. Oblivion is the main AHD program I care about and I can get it with the HD+. Even if I was interested in IMM-1, Uhahu's Icebreaker upgrade would scratch that itch well enough. Since she also comes with a Pitcher and an Assault Pistol versus the EVO's cattle prod, I wouldn't consider it much of a choice unless Baggage was relevant, and probably not even then.

15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Well I don't really take EVO either but if I wanted support stuff it would be the one. I should because I use so much AD but I don't own the model.

16. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Idk, in a faction like nomads the EVO seems really useful. Overclock allowing all those sputniks to B2 ARO is pretty cool, and then there's all the other mentioned benefits. Of course, you can't overclock and teampro at the same time, but I find it hard not to find an use for an EVO. Between all the buffs, I think it adds so much.

But again, I run 2-3 hackers per list, so the EVO isn't my only hacking device on the table at any time.

As for the Riot Grrl link, I do think running them with both Emily and Avicenna on the same list is very much doable, but I still feel odd when I don't get a full HI link. Maybe it's the bad experiences with Kornak coming up.

17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

White Noise and MML2 alone are enough to take Uhahu for me, never mind her actually having decent infowar capability (Cybermask, Sucker Punch, Icebreaker and Stop! do a pretty great job at fighting hackers and locking down hackable targets).

McNamara likes this.
  18. inane.imp

Both of those really require units in the list to get best effect: ie a non-MSV LR piece or easy repeaters in the midfield for White Noise and an attack REM for MML2. I love HD+ but it’s not necessary if you haven’t got a build that gets use out of it.

For instance Raoul, Hellcat Spitfire/HMG, Stempler, Transductor, Lunokhod is going to get more value out of an EVO than Uhahu. Particularly if you add Al’Hawwa AHD and Bandit KHD to your midfield.

loricus likes this.
  19. wellspokenman

Cybermask should not be taken lightly. It wins games, including one I played two nights ago. An EVO can be good if you are running a lot of remotes with repeaters. Usually though, the only one I run is a Sptifire Tsyklon. Also, I rarely drop AD. I almost always come in from the side. My playstyle just doesn't fit well with the EVO.

20. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I don't mean to poo-poo StarCo hacking game, but that seems so small potatoes compared to nomads. How many starco players didn't start with nomads?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation