1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning to the Game: What to Paint First?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Copperbad, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Copperbad

Copperbad Member

Just getting back into Infinity after a few years away. Could I get some direction on what to paint up first from my dusty backlog? I've got the Red Veil stuff (with Ninja) finished but that's it.

What from this list would you expedite, vs keep in the cupboard? I know N4 is around the corner and I don't think we know all of the changes yet? Anything else you'd recommend adding to my initial collection?

-Celestial Guards
    -Kuang Shi
    -Imperial Service Starter Pack
    -Zhanying Hacker
    -Support Pack
    - Beyond Red Veil (Daofei HMG, Zhanying Sensor, Guiland Multi Sniper)
    - Yaoxie Remotes

2. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome back!

As useful in almost every condition, start with the support pack and the Yaoxie Remotes, so you can have that Medic and Engineer (or use them as aditional Zanshi if you so require) and then the Yaoxie (RuiShi and LuDuan) are very solid attack remotes.

3. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

Welcome back to The Best Faction!

Depending on what you're interested in, you should see about picking up the Daoying Hacker. She's very useful in vanilla and is a great looking model to boot.

If you're interested in White Banner, the YJ half of Kaldstrom and Beyond Kaldstrom are both pretty great, and the models are useful and look amazing.

If you're playing vanilla YJ: Kuang Shi, CG with Kuang Shi Control Device, and Yaoxie remotes.
    If you're playing Invincible Army: Support Pack, Remotes
    If you're playing White Banner: Support Pack, Remotes, Daofei HMG, Guilang MSR.
    If you're playing ISS: Kuang Shi, Celestial Guards, Crane Agent, Remotes.

4. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

You know You might be banned from this part of the forum for being do optimistic? It has to be written somwhere on the forum rules, that YJ players must complain about their Army ;).

As for miniatures for painting: Yaokong remotes and support pack are indeed a cery good choice :). I'd also recommend getting a Daoying (for the briliant L2 profile) and a Mowang (which is a great S5 beatstick that van be also used to proxy Yan Huo's and Su Jian. You could also use some Monks and perhaps a Liberto (od You want to play vanilla YJ).
    I'd pass on the Zhanying Hacker - the profile is not cery usefull at this time.

Show us some pictures od what You have painted do far :)

5. Copperbad

Copperbad Member

Thanks for the awesome advice folks!
    I picked up a Daoying and I'll do the remotes and support pack first.

Here's my team so far, forgot I also had Major Luna! (Is she good?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Graves, Uthoroc, Oni and 8 others like this.
  6. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

Those look great! And yeah Lunah's a sleeper powerhouse, especially with all the shock immunity going around, the Viral ammo is super useful.

7. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

Minis look great, keep up the good work :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Major Lunah is really nice, she’s a Surprise Shot Sniper with Viral Ammo and Mimetism, she fits the role of orthodox sniper gameplay, where you want her as far away from things but looking at the correct ones, so your mileage might vary, now, consider the fact that MMLX got a rework and it works really good right now specially for Lunah, who needs to get into position to take that shot, the camo allows her to do this no sweat.

If nothing else she fits very well into the whole proxy as ABH(Sniper Rifle) thing so if you want to bring that sweet looking Mini you painted just proxy her as something else (that also carries a Sniper to be courteous).

9. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

My advice would always be: whatever you want to play und paint! If there is a mini you absolutely adore just go for it. Even if it might not be the optimal buy.

I got myself a mowang just because it's awesome (I have a weakspit for s5 HI) even when I jist got into Imperial service after finishing my shasvastii. Whelp, it seems I will have to get the Invincible army too because the sculpts are superb.

10. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Mowang is a beast in vanilla even more than in IA :)

Chaserabinov likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation