1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

returning player deciding fraction

Discussion in 'New Users' started by BionicRope64, Dec 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BionicRope64

BionicRope64 Member

Hello
    I use to play Infinity alot but I stepped away for over a Year, my last fraction that I still got was Aleph and Tohaa but I dediced to step away from them for awhile and do new fraction.

But I would like some help picking a fraction to focus on.

I'm probably gonna focus on fireteams more (even with N4 on horizon) since fireteams just work better for me to plan around.

The main two that appeals to me gameplay and model wise are:
    Panoceania: Mainly Varuna and NCA. Though some knights look cool.
    Yu-jing: Mainly Invincible Army.

I was Considering Operation Wildfire for 0-12. But I don't like the Shasvastil and I imagine 0-12 won't get a Sectoral for a while.

Lastly I really into the Sci fi lore atm, what's a book with lore on Varuna or Invincible Army since I'm thinking it might be a nice read.

2. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

The New Infinity is based around sectoral not whole factions. I would focus on 1 of those and get back in before expanding too much. Previously people stuck to a faction, but now people tend to play a couple sectorals that may not be the same faction.

I don't know the Pano Sectorals very well and can't make any suggestions there, but I do play IA. I find IA fun, but the sectorals does tend to revolve around the zuyong fire team. I personally find if you deviate from the Zuyong core limited insertion list you move away from their main strength. If you are getting back into the game and want a small purchase its actually not a bad faction to start with, unfortunately its doesn't expand well. When you want to grow your collection you actually water down your list. If you are willing to pick up a small sectoral get back into the game, then get a second sectoral its probably the best one to start with.

If starting IA I would get the following
    • IA Starter
    • Tia Sheng
    • Zuyoung HMG
    • Zensha
    • Chearleaders ( pick one or proxy)
      • YJ Starter for Zhanshi
      • Remotes (8pt profile)
      • Support pack (as zhanshi)
      • Zhanshi SWC box (my preferred choice)
    For extra flavor you may want the Mowang. But I personally don't play it. In my opinion Tia Sheng is much better NCO is auto-included.

Generic IA
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYŎNG (Number2) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 28)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 37)
    LIÚ XĪNG Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 32)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    ZHANSHI Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 16)
    5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Last note: any of the 300 point army boxes look good. They made them fairly well balanced.

#2 Cannon Fodder, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  3. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

You want the Third Offensive expansion book, which covers Varuna and Invincible as well as Tartaria Army Korps (cossack Ariadna sectorial), Shavastii expeditionary corps and Aleph's OperationS Subsection.

To put those two armies in a nutshell fluff and gameplay wise: Varuna is PanO Navy Seals meanwhile Invincible Army is Starship Troopers but asian, in servoarmors and with elite training. 'Service Guarantees Citizenship, comrade'

4. BionicRope64

BionicRope64 Member

Thanks.
    I didn't know what was happening with N4.
    I mean for the moment I grabbed some older Pzno stuff (Orcs and old Kamau) becuase their generic enough I can use them as proxies.
    I admit my biggest worry for Invincible army was being a bit one trick pony. But I suppose advantage as such a small army its somthing I can dip into later or have a tiny army of since it's less models, less money.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation