1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return of the Murder Monkeys

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by DaRedOne, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

Managed to get some games in.

Observations:
    - Zerats are great, -6BS immensely helps them out. HD profile seems really good - leaves out only carbonite due to being veteran if attacked by HD, and only option to kill him is either with KHD, or come and punch her in the face. But she can easily trade as she has a flamer. Minelayer profile is also great, but so far I'm really impressed with HD one.
    - Yaogat +1B sniper is awesome. Cheap harris (+ 2x raktoraks), or order battery (with kornak and raktorak) with B4 has really good chances of killing stuff.
    - Suryat HRL MSV1 so far great as well, though in both games died after first order. Though after couple of games I begin to wish he had a ML.
    - Daturazi are better now since you can cancel the impet order for free. Though a bit sad that they've lost stealth.
    - hadn't had a chance to properly test Raicho, but previous issues are still there - still dependent on good availability of full cover in DZ, manned TAG, dicy shootouts with linked ARO that has vis-mods.

2. Indominus Rex

Indominus Rex Active Member

Looks like I might need to build up a Morat force now.

3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

So I was thinking, with the Yaogat sniper now having the firepower on its own that it used to have only when linked, do we take this as freedom not to buy a haris for it every time or do we chase that burst 4 sniper rifle harder than ever?

4. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

I have plans on testing two solo +1B snipers, but I have doubts that it’s gonna be as effective as B4 sniper. Though you can get a harris for one of them for 44pts with two rakotoraks. Dunno, so far it seems that indeed MAF have great units, but not sure if you can fit enough useful stuff in a roster to be competitively viable. Gonna play more games, bit hard to judge after 3 games

5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I think fielding a Haris that can be later dissolved for individual operations or reestablished around a different piece might work well. MSR, Combi/PF, Raktorak, later switching MSR for a Spitfire or Raktorak RF, and advance - while leaving a still dangerous sniper behind.

wuji likes this.
  6. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of an extra man available for a fireteam. Especially if one of your team members is a dedicated ARO piece at the start of the game whether at a corner or on a roof. I'm gonna start a thread later, and let people drink from a poisoned cup that I haven't seen drug up since maybe early N3 at the latest.

Stiopa and RobertShepherd like this.
  7. Sürak

Sürak Member

Hello my fellow monkey lovers, first of all i'd like to say that english is not my mother tongue so i would like to apologize for my english mistakes :sweat_smile:

I'm starting as Infinity player with MAF and i would like to have a better knowledge of this faction but im having a rough time researching about Morats and with the release of N4 the information that i found may be outdated...

Could you suggest me any kind of website where find some more information about MAF? I'd like improve my skills as morat player and try to participate decently in the future in tournaments.

In the spanish section of this forum i posted a thread about MAF where i was asking for advices but I'd like all the possible feedback about this lovely faction.

Finally I'd like to say that i tested a couple of units very long discussed in this thread:

*Yaogat Haris (1 sniper rifle +1B, 1 panzerfaust and 1 raktorak) this was my first thought of haris like some people in this thread recomended but after play it i rather prefer the haris with 2 snipers +1B and one raktorak, it's an expensive haris but is really powerful ARO tool that supported propperly with smoke is a real pain in the neck for our opponets.

* Vanguards: well... i must admit that they aren't awesome but the fireteam core with kornak + anyat + raktorak + 2 sanitary vanguards was something reliable and resilent in my games and the heavy pistol worked really nice in ARO against some units that outflanked me understimating the heavy pistos in fireteam (the +6 makes me feel like using shotguns)

Sorry one more time about my english mistakes and remember these wise words about our grand master Chewbacca :P

chewbacca.jpg

Devil_Tiger and Indominus Rex like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation