1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for CB: no more skewering

Discussion in 'News' started by Varsovian, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Really? I didn't know that...

Oh wow. This is seriously impressive work, gore or not. :flushed: :+1:

And if we're speaking about troublesome tactical rocks etc., how about the new limited Ko Dali? An impressive model, but... what the heck is going on between her Ko Dali's legs? Is she parachuting straight into plant or something? It's really weird...

2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

It involves a good bit of cutting, but you can get rid of it.
    kodali.png

3. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

When I quit wh40K and started playing infinity, I was relieved that CB models have this clean, scifi look. No skulls, reaped spines or other gruesome adornments. Personally, I'd like infinity to be this way.

Most of the time, we play some cover ops or small skirmish engagements, so I can't really imagine guys running around collecting skulls, making ear necklaces or walking inside the city areas with blood dripping swords.

But maybe CB could do some separate base packs, like dead shasvastii or PanO troops for gore lovers.

4. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Think of all the dead civilians when you send a B2 missile into their small apartment when you miss a target. There is nothing really covert about Infinity missions, it's more covert setup, all hell breaks loose, quick extraction.

I wish they would stop doing scenic bases, the new ninja is one of the worst. Oh cool it's a roof, and it's basically merged with his legs to the point were it's easier to buy a Kunai, cut the legs off at the knees, and put them on the ninja so he doesn't have to stand on the stupid roof.

5. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

But it's one of the coolest miniatures they ever did.

And you brought up the solution yourself: buy some Kunai. Lately there are so many Ninja-Sculpts around, you can pick the one you like and skip the other ones.

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  6. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

I like the mini, I hate that it's part of that stupid roof. And yes, now I can buy a Kunai and just arm swap it around or take the legs so it's just a little more money to go from a stupid mini to a good mini.

kesharq, Rot_Sechs and nazroth like this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Someone with better grasp of the fluff than me will probably correct me; but I think most munitions in Infinity are "smart" and will self-destruct if they miss their target.

In either case, as we've had proven to us during our lifetime; the key is deniable, not covert.

Rot_Sechs, Errhile and colbrook like this.
  8. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

You can do/try this, though that's not what I meant.

IMO the Ninja looks great on the roof. Even the roof itself looks great. But if I would not like it, I'd just take another sculpt. One of the two Kunai, one of the two Saito, an Oniwaban, whatever. No need for an arm swap, leg swap or investing more money.

Why should I try to make a miniature work thats crouching on a roof if I don't like it crouching on a roof?

I don't have to buy every mini available.

9. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Now, that's more like it! :)

10. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

They missed the oportunity to sell weapons for years (maybe hoping to sell extra miniatures? now people clone or 3D print the guns)... I pretty much doubt they will (and it would be a bit late, with the methods well known).

Rot_Sechs likes this.
  11. Rot_Sechs

Rot_Sechs Well-Known Member

Ah yes. Extra weapons for profileconversion cb never had an intent of producing. Sheesh can of worms you got there ^^. But as long as they dont take down 3d 3rd party for weapons i dont care anymore personally.

Buyng covert ops boxes for weapons may also gove corpses for the gore enthusiasts. Maybe there is a plan afterall ^^

12. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Think of all of the unborn shasvastii children that were mercilessly bombed by the unthinking cruel hoo-mons.

The children can think for themselves. Unless they were raised under some sort of religious dogma that penalises free thought.

csjarrat, Willen and Savnock like this.
  13. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Most excluding more or less two whole factions generally considered low tech. And considering their whole shock and awe reign of terror MO CA might just not care.

The whole super secret spec-ops has always been a little jarring.

14. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Not a fan of tactical rocks, especially when I'm trying to paint my army on indoor bases. But if your gonna do them, boy I prefer tactical corpses. Way less restriction on terrain, and more visually interesting too.

I'm definitely not a gore fan when it comes to my vidya games and shit, but I also just dgaf if its on the models. Yeah maybe someone holding a corpse above their head and bathing in its blood might go too far, but not every piece of sculpted destruction is a step towards that extreme.

I also personally loved that original Aswuang model, one of my favorites (partially because there were not many decent shas sculpts when I started).

Armihaul likes this.
  15. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I have all Infinity miniatures on indoor bases - and cutting away Tactical Rocks is a PITA. Last night I spent a whole hour cutting away the swamp at the feet of my StarCo Irmandinho. And I still have to remove the slab under the Alguaciles Hacker. No fun...

16. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

The tacti-rock obviously has it's issues but I'm rather a fan of the basing neutral new wave of ariadnan tacti-box or some tacti-junk, even tacti-victim where it's applicable to the back ground like Umbra, Guija, Calibans etc.

Also kinda love that after years of people saying the Umbra sammy is a ridiculous model for S2 there is now a thread to complain about the crouching version

chromedog, Dragonstriker and Willen like this.
  17. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

+1 for simply making tactical junk separate pieces so they're easier to remove.

It's supremely annoying if you go for some sleek high tech city bases, or clear bases and then half your army has jungle, rocks or roofs on them.
    You can still manage and some stuff fits neatly. But it should just be a separate piece.
    The Tik has a lot of woodwork on his base and it's entirely optional, the Uhlan has a tactical manhole cover that I actually like because it fits for me. But it wouldn't do so well amongst grass bases.

Tactical skewering is a bit different, because the whole pose might not work without the dude getting skewered, but I'd still want it removeable given a choice.

On the flipside I do understand that making it requires to cast an additional piece. Non separable tactical junk makes sense economically.
    And I'm certain stuff like the tactical Umbra on Joan came from an artistic place and that the sculptors probably had a lot of fun with it (imho tactical Umbra Joan is a homage at "Liberty leading the people", that simply wouldn't work without the Umbra).

#57 Teslarod, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Berjiz and Rot_Sechs like this.
  18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Liberty didn't have someone gripping her inner thigh, though, and I think that model wouldn't have become such a meme if they'd sculpted the Umbra gripping her boot or shin instead.

toadchild, dhellfox and Rot_Sechs like this.
  19. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

No, no, I like them, I try to kill them fast usually :D
    Or sometimes no ;)
    [​IMG]

To be honest big part of my bases are a souvenirs, reminders of nice actions in battles et cetera. Like Kasym's hunted down Myrmidon. Or 3-crit ARO of my Shihab vs Blackjack - HERE. But Aleph and PanO are the enemies I like to use the most ;)

And in Infinity I keep my gore on a leash.
    I made much more bloody minis for my old Lord of the Rings forces, sculpting severed heads et cetera, also in GodSlayer the Game - which is definitely more dark... And in AvP of course, but that blood is rather different ;)

I have some more weird projects for Infinity, but I try not to use blood on those minis, that's why I use robots as victims or some garbage with logos.

About tactical rocks - I understand that they sometimes help to make the poses more interesting, but I usually cut them off and make my own to fit better into the character of my army.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Barrogh, JoKeR, Usashi and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation