1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repeaters in ALPEH

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Renfri, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Nomads don't beat that many in hacking, that's a common misconception, they beat every other army with superior repeater network. Combined army have far, far, better and more scary hackers and perhaps the best in the entire game. Aleph is the close second, while Nomads only beat Haqq because Haqq have crap BTS and nothing like Zero's.

Only my opinion, as a Nomad/YJ/CA player.

Qapu Khalqi, Shock Army of Acontecimento and Neoterran Capitaline Army. :)

xagroth likes this.
  2. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Agreed about nomads with repeaters, but i feel that repeaters or infiltration is required to offensively use them. Thats what makes a model strong in the hacking war.

With karr i feel that combined has increased its hacking game. Before i am not confident on their overall powerful. The 0.5 swc on bit was quite painful and wont show up most games.

Zewrath likes this.
  3. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I never saw BTS as a big defense vs hackers. Sure it may help, but ... Hackers vs hackers, all SWORD-2 programs have DAM16 with modified ammunitions (DT, Breaker or shock), plus KHD ignore firewall. Most of the times, the hacker will use redrum (if you're not sure, use redrum, the program is just that good), so try resist 2(4) DAM16 hits with BTS up to 6. Sure, high BTS gives better chances, but still it won't be such a good protection.
    BTS is a far better at resisting CLAW programs, since they have DAM13 and don't ignore firewall (fairy dust). But i think the saying "xxx is a good hacker because it has BTS 6" is an outdated statement from N2. Now in N3, that won't make that much of a difference. In my opinion, starting in HD or using any form of marker state is a better defense - and offense (surprise attack). For me, Asura HD+ best defense is cybermask, second best is redrum, not her BTS6.

4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

No it isn’t, what a baffling statement to make. You’re just stating the obvious that we all figured out since HSN3, KHD is grossly undercosted and Redrum is an overpowered program that’s beyond retarded. Besides, you’re talking hacker vs hacker in a vacuum, you think BTS6+ is bad when you’re a HI/REM/TAG? You’re almost immune to hacking when your BTS hits 6+ and fairy dust, saying that’s a N2 mentality is wrong on so many levels, especially since infowar with hackers vs hackers wasn’t really thing back then.

5. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

That's pretty much what I just said. Note by the way, fairy dust only affects HI, meaning it won't be of any help if you're a REM or TAG. Plus, oblivion is DAM 16 (so not exactly 'almost immune to hacking' even with fairy dust) and is probably the most feared ARO program for any big miniature trying to rampage.

6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

How many noteworthy Rambo HI’s have stealth? Also, yes... that is actually “almost” immune to hacking, you counter my point by taking the most extreme program, only few hacking devices actually have, while ignoring the rest... that is literally why the word “almost” was there.
    Anyways, I have no interest in discussing semantics with you, I only take issue with your baffling statement about “Old N2 mentality” when it’s demonstrably false.

7. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Erm... I may be wrong, but still. If we are talking about "beating someone at hacking", we're talking primarily about "hacker vs hacker" scenario, in which you are trading hits using DAM ~16 breaker/DT programs without being able to rely on firewalls. When something else starts flying, that means either that one side established momentary dominance or another one lapsed in terms of coverage and cannot defend its stuff. In any case, results of hacking battle is a foregone conclusion.

So I kinda agree that relying on BTS to "win hacker war" (which was the context) is not how you do it.

And I'm not sure what's so extreme about aforementioned programs. KHDs are cheapest things there is in Infowar, their default "ammo" is hardly extreme when it costs so little. More like a baseline. Then there are others HDs with upgrades (Redrum and Maestro can be found on non-insignificant number of models which a prominent players in hacking game) and Oblivion.

It's actually less common to not have something serious unless you are cheap Supportware muppet.

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Hac Tao and Asura are both "mark" able hackers, most MO hackers have Martial Arts (grants Stealth), Myrmidon Hacker has Stealth, and I should look into YJ to locate more HI hackers with access to stealth.

That being said, giving the Asura a BTS 9 would let her reach BTS 12 with the Fairy Dust, meaning Oblivion would hit her with a 4 or less... so she would have 75% of totally ignoring it. So, not an option, I'd say XD.

Zewrath likes this.
  9. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Oblivion was the mentioned part and that's actually not a common program. Even so, my statement was Nomads were slightly superior to Haqq, because of BTS, was made because they had largely access to the same stuff and even programs (except HD+), as well as high WIP but the tiebreaker would be BTS, which is why I find it weird that anyone would seriously argue against that point or even make baffling statements like "it's N2 mentality".

10. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I was just pointing out that BTS does not make such a difference on hackers, since they are likely to be targeted by high damage + special ammunitions programs, especially given that KHD is cheap and widely available. Meaning that having a marker state is a better defense against it.
    Oblivion, i think it is rather common, since it is available on all AHD and many infiltrator or AD units have an AHD options. Granted, it is more expensive and weak vs KHD, but it is easily available in many armies.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation