1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repeaters in ALPEH

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Renfri, Mar 2, 2018.

1. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Who says, you’d need to keep track of them. They could just be sharing bodies / net rods. Its not as if there are any downsides to the Posthuman itself from losing its proxies today.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

2 slots on the combat group and 6 proxy bodies... I can sense the cry of unfairness from the other factions just from the possibility! XD
    Right out of my mind, what would happen? Well, 2xMk1, 1 Mk5, 1 Mk4, and 2 Mk2 AHD, with the Dasyus being little more than spectators from our bag, or "count as" models... (granted, I already use the Dasyu hacker has the Posthuman AHD).

3. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

I mostly agree with you on this, even though a simple workaround is only allowing 1 proxy of each to be taken (ie 1mk1, 1mk2 etc.) while creating a proxy Mk6. And considering the crazy SWC cost of most profiles you would not be able to field 6 proxies, but 4 or 5 at best.

I don't see CB implementing this, as this would get really convoluted. Hell I'm not even sure we will see a Jumper L2.

Arlic and xagroth like this.
  4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

That would depend on the rules... maybe a Jumper L2 simply allows free ARO (broken AF) or freely use of its own and Jumper N1 bodies (a little less broken, but allowing 2 ARO from Proxy bodies nevertheless).

Mk1 doctor (or maybe engineer in some situations), Mk2 AHD, Mk4 HRL, Mk5 FO (61 pts) would be autoinclude if Posthumans became AVA2, even without allowing repeat of profiles. And if the Mk3 would receive a Multi rifle with 0 SWC cost, it would go into the mix directly (81 pts)... 2 orders, 5-6 positions, a total of 6-7 wounds PLUS 3 NWI... For less (or little more) than Achilles cost.
    Still broken AF XD

Arlic likes this.
  5. Kir

Kir Well-Known Member

Or they could just make one of every body the ava, since posthumans dont get much better the more bodies you add that dont supply orders.

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

We have already considered this, and currently you cannot repeat bodies, unless I am misunderstanding what you say? :S

7. Kir

Kir Well-Known Member

My suggestion: ava 1 posthuman, 2-5 bodies (1 per mk max)

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The risk is to see 5 bodies for up to 60-65 points, 10 wounds total (probably NWI will be half of those, so still vulnerable to shock), meaning something of an ARO "no risk" spam and multipresence WIP 15 BS 12-13 troopers... Sure, they cost like an Asura, but their strategic pressence on the table is much, much higher, since you will most likely have a body near anything. And having something similar to the Mk5 FO covering the flanks is too good.

Arlic likes this.
  9. Arlic

Arlic Active Member

I think adding more Posthumans/bodies or available of one Kind of a body would be too strong.
    I think WE maybe will get a Posthuman Lt. option.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Depends on the body. Being able to place an extra Mk4 sounds great... but it's 4 SWC! The Mk1, on the other hand, would be impressive, while the Mk2 would mean to see both profiles on all games.

Having them as Lt might be a little broken as well, consider how you need to hunt 3 bodies with 6 wounds total!

11. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

It would also mean to be able to use your lieutenant order on 3 differents troops without taking any risk, so free order for them with no risk to balance it. People are already screaming that proxy are OP, this would be so much worse that there is no word for it.

boquepasha and xagroth like this.
  12. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Okay, that's going to be hella off topic, but since it was mentioned...

Asawira says "Hi". Granted, they don't have Hacker profile which is the context here, and are somewhat easier to deal with directly because of ARM 3, but still.

Also, with Spec-Ops rule enabled Nomads can have a native BTS 12 HD with Shock Immunity.

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Point is a HI Hacker. The Asura ALSO gets Cybermask from H+. As you say, the Asawira don't get hacking options (so it's more of a "You won't isolate/IMM1 me"), and the Nomad Moderator Specops is blowing all his points on that, I should shoot him anyway... (and that's assuming you can drop so many XP on the same attribute, I would need to check Paradiso rules... too much of a hassle). Also, none of those have 2 wounds + NWI XD

14. Pietras404

Pietras404 Active Member

Something like Father Knight? ;)

15. Barrogh

I mean, yes, I realize it was in the context of hacking, but I couldn't stop at that point :P
    I did consider how hilariously fun (in both senses) AHD Asawira would be at some point though. Although I didn't realize Father-Knights exist and are rather maligned by PanO/MO players.
    Asawiras AHD would be a little bit cheaper maybe if they used their BSG loadout for that, but meh.

On things I've mentioned... Army allows that Spec Ops build, 10 pts go into BTS, then the arrow button disappears. Said dude can also attempt to hide deep in DZ in Biotechvore or something, heh.

Heh, indeed. Good catch.

16. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Here's an idea: Netrods with Jammers :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Does he have both NWI and cybermask? XD

18. Barrogh

Frankly I'm not sure if NWI draws a line between "broken" and "eh, FK hacker".

xagroth likes this.
  19. Arlic

Arlic Active Member

But it’s not fluffy, that antennas, which should control the battlefield and transferring data, jam. Even if it would be funny though.

20. Barrogh

Then netords with repeaters. The latter is what's this thread about, after all.

Arlic likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation