1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reject Human Sphere, Evolve to Monke - The Morat Tactica Thread

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by DaRedOne, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

For dynamism, I think a new box of Pretas in Siocast would be wonderful!

2. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Very helpful difference to keep in mind, sadly rare on forums. Nice to see the strengths of MAF being good enough to give players the room to be chill about intentional drawbacks.

Hoping other factions will being to see things in that light too (he said, listening to the continued howls of PanO for smoke echo from the walls of the internet).

(All that said, I am still salty about the Dartok being an overkill fix to what was a pretty clear intentional design drawback before the new book. Also more pitcher hackers do not make the game better dangit).

DaRedOne likes this.
  3. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I think the key difference is whether or now the Pros of the Army justify the Cons.

As of now, MAF Pros are pretty great. We're back to enjoying a flexibility in fireteams that we were supposed to since the early HSN3 days. We also have for the first time actual, real, effective firepower in a rather unique way by having lots of burst and damage modifiers instead of having high BS. Combine that with some unique profiles that are just plain fun (Rindak, Kaitok, Kyosot, etc) and the net result is a lot to enjoy.

I have made a lot of complaints about CB, and I will continue to do so. But I am firmly on the camp that this remake was a good one. I want them to keep this philosophy for future remakes.

Time Bandit, Stiopa, Savnock and 2 others like this.
  4. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

How have the Morats been fairing on the battle field lately?

I was wondering how the contents of the new boxes (yaogats, vanguard k1 sniper, suryats) are making themselves worthy of acquisition please.

5. DaRedOne

Warcor

On the topic of preta haris, I had a particularly fun game this weekend vs Tohaa that was quite interesting. My list was this:

MAFBiotechvore
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    SURYAT (Lieutenant [+1 Order]) Heavy Machine Gun ( | TinBot: Firewall [-3]) / MULTI Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 45)
    KAITOK Heavy Rocket Launcher / Heavy Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (1.5 | 24)
    RAKTORAK (NCO) Vulkan Shotgun / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    DARTOK (Hacker) Submachine Gun, Pitcher / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 21)
    RINDAK FTO (Paramedic) Submachine Gun, Flash Pulse(+1B) / Heavy Pistol, PARA CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    RAICHO (NCO) MULTI Heavy Machine Gun, Heavy Flamethrower / AP CC Weapon. (2 | 77)
    [​IMG] RAICHO PILOT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Assault Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (0 | 0)
    E-DRONE Combi Rifle / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 18)
    OZNAT FTO Vulkan Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 18)
    PRETA Chain Rifle / AP CC Weapon. (0 | 7)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Mission was decapitation. I took first turn.

My opponent had 4 triads, all of them with hard to crack AROs (One Gao Rael MSR, one Sukeul ML, Neema, a Sakiel Spitfire and several makaul and doctor support). And they deployed with layered defenses on a somewhat open table so basically it was hard to push forward without facing 2-3 AROs.

I used the raicho to take down the Gao Rael and then proceeded to push forward and suicide the pretas and oznats to force some really bad trades for my opponent. He killed all of them, but by the time it was over his army was broken as pretty much every triad had lost 1-2 models. He did manage to reform two triads out of the damaged models, but what was left didn't have enough firepower to take out the Kaitok turret and Raicho.

I did lose the Raicho on turn 3 to a makaul suicide-charging her, but by then the game was pretty much won.

Kelthret and bladerunner_35 like this.
  6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I've ran this against QK in Cryogenics last week:

MAF 300 - Cryogenics - More Nasty

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    BULTRAK Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon(+1B). (1.5 | 71)
    [​IMG] BULTRAK PILOT Vulkan Shotgun, Grenades / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (- | 0)
    KORNAK (Lieutenant [+1 Order], Strategos L1) Mk12, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 45)
    SURYAT (Tactical Awareness) Heavy Machine Gun / MULTI Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 43)
    KAITOK (Multispectral Visor L1) Feuerbach ( ) / Heavy Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (1.5 | 36)
    KAITOK Chain Rifle(+2B), Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    MORAT VANGUARD (Paramedic) Combi Rifle ( | MediKit) / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    DROPSUIT TARYOT (Paramedic) Boarding Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    M-DRONE Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 16)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) Light Flamethrower(+1B), Flash Pulse / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 9)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Haqq player took the ball and deployed a Sekban Core on his right flank, Haris with Azra'il/Hafzas on a building overlooking left flank and centre, two camo troops and some remotes in support. I've put the core more or less in the middle to cover a possible Sekban approach, but denying Azra'il a shot. Bultrak went on my left flank, further blocking the Sekban.

First turn: enemy Beasthunter ran forward, approaching my Core. managed tu burn down Vanguard Paramedic, but went down to AROs. Sekbans maneuvered against Bultrak, and used a whole combat group worth of orders to take it out, of course succeeding with the last order available.

In my turn I went with my Core, wounding Azra'il with HMG fire and forcing it into full cover. Then I activated Coordinated Jump and dropped the Taryot in the middle of the Sekban link. They've decided to dodge, four succeeded, one went down. Then Taryot moved and caught the remaining four under shotgun template, going down but wiping the fireteam out.

Second turn: Azra'il popped up and took out Kaitok with Feuerbach, but had no way to get line of sight to anyone else. Bashi Bazouk appeared and wounded the Suryat, but had no orders to reach anyone else. Al Hawwa' moved back a little and checked one of the tech coffins, which turned out to be empty. Rafiq with Red Fury moved forward, taking position behind a building near the middle of the table.

In my turn I burned the Bashi down with Ikadron, and then pushed forward with my - now down to three members - Core. I took down Azra'il for good, destroyed one Fanous bot on ARO duty, and approached the building in the middle. Suryat and Kornak took positions behind it, while Kaitok went inside and blasted the Rafiq with massed Chain Rifle fire. M-Drone checked a tech coffin, which was also empty.

Third turn: one of the Hafzas tried to shoot at Kornak and Suryat, but went down to AROs. Al Hawwa' attempted to kill Kornak, but also went down.

In my last turn it was a matter of going for objectives, as there was no threats left. I approached another tech-coffin, extracting HVT. We didn't count exact points, but the game ended in a clear MAF victory.

Things to take out from it: new MAF is really, really durable and hard-hitting. Between high ARM, lots of affordable HIs, and good TAGs it's hard to put a dent in without some dedicated heavy weapons. Bultrak was there to make an attack run and should he survive to my turn he would probably go through QK forces like a cabbage through an old and short crone, but as it was it performed admirably as a roadblock, since my opponent couldn't allow it to survive for this very reason. Baiting opponent with a solid ARO piece seems like a good strategy, especially since some - like Kaitoks - are cheap enough to act as a throwaway and durable enough to possibly survive the experience. Kornak is a beast of a Lieutenant and it's simply hard to go with another choice (Suryat Lt. is a close second). Having 15 orders in a single combat group, 12 of them regular, and most of them really hard to take out allows the list to operate quite freely through the entire length of the game. And we have quite a few units now that can force extremely unfavourable exchanges on the opponent. Taryots and Kaitoks are great additions to traditional Morat warband lineup.

Jumara, Brokenwolf and bladerunner_35 like this.
  7. makenshi664

makenshi664 New Member

Hey there,

Getting back into infinity after a very long break and very rusty on the rules. Figured I'd ask a few questions here rather than start up a new thread.

1. Oznat + 2 Pretas Haris fireteam - I see people referring to this as an "order battery". Does this not only contribute 1 regular order since the Preta's are irregular or is it just that as a fire team you can activate them 2 times with the irregular orders and still have a regular order for something else in the combat group. I have a vague memory of "something" being able to turn these orders into regular orders but I half think I've made that up in my head.

1a. What the difference between "Preta" and "Sync Preta" in the army builder. If I being an Oznat do any Preta's I bring counted as "Sync Pretas". If so what is the only benefit to forming a Fire team with them the actual fire team bonuses since they can all activate using a single order using their Peripheral (Synchronized) special rule.

2. Core fire team - Just want to make sure I'm reading the rules correctly as I'm very new to N4. If I bring a Suryat, 2x Kaitok and 2x Vanguard in a fire team I get the bonus for having a 5 man core team but just want to confirm I will also get the composition bonus of +2 BS and +3 Discover? Is this just because all the models listed above are (Morat) and so count towards it or am I misunderstanding something?

Complete side note, I like idea of using Oznat/Pretas as a fire team but does anyone have suggestion for alternative models for the hungries as I really don't like the current models for the hungries.

DaRedOne likes this.
  8. Stiopa

You remember correctly. There's a note in Fireteams Chart in Army about this fireteam members being Regular as long as Oznat FTO is a part of it:

upload_2023-1-8_18-20-40.png

Pretas are a completely separate unit, while Sync Pretas only refers to the G:Synchronized version you get when fielding Oznat (Sensor). It's basically like a MAF version of PanO's Auxbot or Aleph's Devabot. This Oznat isn't FTO and can't join fireteams, so there's no interaction between the rules.

You understood it well. All these units share (Morat) keyword, so they all count towards composition bonus. Should you include a Rindak FTO, Kyosot, or Zabuk you'd keep the 5 man Core bonuses, but lose the composition bonuses.

Either older or upcoming models for them, as with the new release they'll have three iterations ;) Aside from that - Taighas might work if made slightly higher, someone suggested using Shasvastii Jayths, too. Pupniks from Bakunin Uberfallkommando might be an option, though the aesthetics will clash a bit. And Kaauri, Reex, and Chaksa from the Tohaa range could work with some modding, mainly to remove the weapons.

#68 Stiopa, Jan 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    DaRedOne likes this.
  9. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Coming back to Morats after a break crutching on vanilla factions. I'm expecting to fight a lot of TAGs (tikbalang in particular), so I'm wondering what are the go-to strategies to resist a TAG attack as the apes?

I'm a little worried because we rely on the ARO turret a lot, and TAGs can generally smash that wide open and get to the vulnerable models that make up our link teams.

Active turn you can kill a TAG with CC or with Dartok, but reactively I feel like some pretas on corners and a Kaitok or Suryat turret isn't going to hold them off.

Is it enough to use the threat of a Dartok to deny the TAG a safe area in the center and so make it too inefficient to use? Or are there some better strategies for Morats?

Also, after getting smashed by a Marut the other day, I'm wondering if anyone has had luck using the "DIY-Marut" of a core of Yaogat and four chumps? Every core I built last time was a toolbox, which was great but left me starved in the rest of the army. So I'm wondering about actually minmaxing with Vanguards and the one gunner and using points for other things. Has anyone had success with this type of build?

Its really common to see 3d printed Xenomorphs for this. I love the old hungries, but most of them broke over the decade or so I've had them and I don't care for the new ones, so I went this way as well.

10. DaRedOne

Warcor

Two things:
    a) We have new preta/gaki models incoming. Check them out, they're pretty neat.

About TAGs:

I played against ALEPH using both the Agamenmon and the Marut (two different games) and got my ass handed to me by the marut on one game, while on the other my Raizot smashed face first.

In both cases I relied on a combination of Kaitok turret in full fireteam and zerat regular hacker infiltrated on the TAG's path. On the first game, my opponent ended up playing conservatively and didn't press the advantage with the tag, which ended up getting mulched when my active turn came in.

On the second game. Holy fuck, that Marut whooped my ass. The player actually had her circle around from one end of the table to the other, taking potshots and slowly eroding my defenses before making a mad dash from the left side (after starting on the right side) and completely butchered my models.

In the end i managed to win the game (It was power pack) by dashing forward and capturing the enemy console on the last turn with my rodok fireteam. But I had a 13 model list killed down to 5 guys in the end. Spend all those 5 orders capping objectives for the win, and the Marut ended the game alive and in my game table.

11. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

What did you mean by the 'Raizot' ?

12. Stiopa

It's the original Morat name for Raicho, the latter is how humans call it.

Doppelgganger and Savnock like this.
  13. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

I had a pretty good run with this roster, it was sturdy. It differs from what I've seen from others, this one is more a defensive, slowly advancing style, but linked kaitok FB is a great ARO piece and either killed a lot of stuff on ARO, or tanked long enough. 2x kaitok+dartok harris
    Also you have option to advance ikadrons and setup a hacking network, or use pitchers to prepare for the incoming TAG. Q-drone is still a great ARO piece, unless someone's invoking -12 penalty.
    Monkey New Hope

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    KAITOK (Multispectral Visor L1) Feuerbach ( ) / Heavy Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (1.5 | 36)
    MORAT VANGUARD (Paramedic) Combi Rifle ( | MediKit) / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    MORAT VANGUARD (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 14)
    MORAT VANGUARD Combi Rifle / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    YAOGAT MULTI Sniper Rifle(+1B) / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 35)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]2
    DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle(+1B), Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    Q-DRONE Heavy Machine Gun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 25)
    SLAVE DRONE PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit, MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) Light Flamethrower(+1B), Flash Pulse / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 9)
    DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle(+1B), Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

WiT? likes this.
  14. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

The 'six model core' in G1 is really interesting. I assume the idea is to refill if the Kaitok dies?

I unfortunately don't have enough Kaitoks to pull that list off. I've got one Sogarat which makes a great proxy for the feuerbach, but I'm trying to make low Kaitok lists at the moment.

15. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

G1 one was defensive core, and usually a last model yaogat sniper on the other flank.
    depending on table and terrain, if going first, you can sometimes make few shots with kaitok FB, core bonuses and 32"+ +0BS rangeband allows to shoot at some targets that think they're safe.
    if there are no targets for kaitok, either yaogat has 6 orders to advance a bit and make few shots through smoke, or your kaitoks+dartok haris can advance forward, shoot pitchers, and from G1 you can use dartok to hack stuff.
    as for alternatives for kaitok+dartok harris due to not having s5 models... I haven't found any good alternatives yet, as oznat+pretas harris isn't sturdy enough (5.5w) from my experience and doesn't create forks well for the opponent.

16. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

Hey!

So after some back and forth, I ended up picking MAF over CA and VIRD going into Interplanetario VII.
    I was really demotivated, as I had terrible performance in two major satellites that I've attended (Furor and Talvisota) with CA, so I had very low expectations from Interplanetario.

I had two rosters.
    Ode to the Sun | Interplanetario 1
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3
    R-DRONE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    RINDAK FTO (Paramedic) Submachine Gun, Flash Pulse(+1B) / Heavy Pistol, PARA CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    KAITOK Heavy Rocket Launcher / Heavy Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (1.5 | 24)
    KORNAK (Lieutenant [+1 Order], Strategos L1) Mk12, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 45)
    5 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army
    Saturnalia | Interplanetario 2
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    MORAT VANGUARD (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 14)
    MORAT VANGUARD Combi Rifle / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    R-DRONE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    Q-DRONE Heavy Machine Gun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 25)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit, MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    DROPSUIT TARYOT Boarding Shotgun / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    6 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

we had to submit rosters way in advance, almost 3 weeks prior to interplanetario, so after playtesting more, I thought that Ode to the Sun is better, as extra 2 orders from Kornak are too detrimental. That's why all of 6 missions were played with one roster, Ode to the Sun. Looking back in retrospective, I'd probably would prefer to have a tailored second list toward countermeasures, as both lists are quite thin on specialists.

Eventually I ended up 11th out of 75 players in our group, with 4 major victories, a decent loss (4-8), and just a loss (1-3)
    https://infinitytheuniverse.com/gam...ent/69df45df5-interplanetario-pulpi-prodigies

17. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Great job! Are you planning on writing up a tournament report? I would love to hear about your experience!

18. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

Wasn't planning, but if you're interested, I can write a brief overview.

Doppelgganger and Brokenwolf like this.
  19. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

Oof, ok, so I had a more or less high-level description of what happened in my games, but it was saved as a draft, but apparently after forums went off, draft got discarded. And I barely found time and motivation to write that, so here's just a quick overview:

Game 1, Supplies vs Colt (Dahshat, Spain)
    [​IMG]
    He won the roll, chose to go first, I chose bottom deployement. He tried to kill my Kaitoks, downed the one with fuerbach, took one box. I've resurrected Kaitok, reformed haris, went to kick some ass with it, took the other box. He then proceeded to unsuccessfully try to kill my kaitok, and took the other box on the flank. I went after one of the boxes with oznat+preta haris, and brought it back. Overall was pretty even game, kaitoks did pretty well, and I successfully managed to kill several units with yaogat sniper. 6-2 in my favor.
    Colt was a pleasant player to play against.

Game 2, Frontline vs NikoR (Tunguska, Serbia)
    [​IMG]
    It was a pleasure to see Nikola once again, and this time we had an opportunity to play together. I think I won the roll, and took the top deployment. Nikola brought a single combat roster with B6 linked Kriza and a HRMC Szalamandra. With all that burst it possibly could have gone way worse for me on the first turn, I think I had 2 kaitoks down, but I brought them back. The game was back and forth to some degree, I think I overthought several decisions in that game, and as a result we've played only 2 turns. Nikola was more focused, and did right strategical decisions, while I completely phased out and forgot about scoring system, after series of unsuccessful rolls from my side, and very good armor rolls from NikoR. 1-3 in favor of NikoR. Cant wait to see Nikola again somewhere at a EU tournament and at our satellite in Riga, Latvia on 27-28.04.2024

Game 3, Capture and Protect vs Ashtaroth (ALEPH, Portugal)
    [​IMG]
    Had a friendly chat before the game, as one of our guys moved to Lisbon some time ago. Ashtaroth won the roll, took first turn, and I took bottom deployment, as I thought it would be easier to place ikadrons and pretas in effective range of their template weapons near the beacon.
    On his first turn he didn't achieve much, he tried to kill my kaitok HRL with his AP spitfire Achillies, failed to do so, and moved back on his side of the table. Eudoros was parked around mid of the table. On my first turn I went and shot everything I could with my kaitok FB+kaitok 22pt+rindak haris, tried to kill Eudoros, but he took one wound and eventually managed to eclipse from me. My 22pt kaitok was looking at him and waiting for his turn.
    On his second turn he decided to free Eudoros, so revealed Atalanata from hidden, tried to kill my flash bot while in the open, but rolled low, and on top of that, I crit him, and he failed to save. Then second phase of operation saving private Eudoros began, and he moved his flash bot to try to blind my kaitok cause from that angle he was out of cover, but I won ftf and it burned away. Achillies went on to try to kill kaitok HRL as he was kinda blocking Eudoros. Achillies shoots, I won ftf with both dice, and Achillies burns away off the table in one go, and this basically sealed the game. So in terms of luck completely opposite from the previous game. 6-0 in my favor
    Really nice fellow, we've chatted more after the game since we've ended earlier than expected.

Game 4, Countermeasures vs Axel (ALEPH, Spain)
    [​IMG]
    Axel won the roll, took top deployment, I decided to go first. Took down couple of remotes that were left for ARO, completed one card. He repaired his bots, went off to kill something, completed I think 2 cards. On my second turn I barely managed to complete 1 card, cause cards weren't favorable for me, but that's an issue with the roster. If I had more time and desire to fine tune the roster, I'd probably had a different roster for countermeasures, as my other roster that I've played all missions with is imo pretty versatile and decent. On his second turn I think he completed 2 more cards. Also I began to roll quite poorly in some important ftfs. So by the time my last turn came up, it was clear that I'm not gonna win, so I wanted to squeeze out 2 cards. But oh man, this is when shit hit the fan and I had just one of the worst luck ever. NikoR was playing at the table next to us, and was laughing and saying that my current rolls remind him of our game. Just to put things in perspective, I couldn't kill sensor bot in cover, that was AROing with flash pulse on 16 with Kornak, while shooting B4 on 17s. I've spent like 6-7 orders and didn't kill him. I couldn't just run past him, as he'd just kill/blind unit that is required to complete the card. I flanked the fucking bot with oznat w/ vulkan shotgun, expecting him to dodge, but he shot back, so I've placed a template, and he just rolled like 17+ or something. Wanted to take a shower after all those rolls. But overall I'd say the game was fun, even to some degree, and Axel was a really nice opponent with a Hollywood smile. 8-4 in his favor

Game 5, Decapitation vs Khalipo (White Company, Spain)
    [​IMG]
    I think I've lost the LT roll again, and Khalipo decided to go first, so I took top deployment.
    It was a very strange game, cause he lost key attack pieces on his active turn while trying to kill my stuff, and I've lost my stuff on the active as well. I was lucky that my yaogat sniper just went unconscious at some point instead of going straight to dead, so I've ressed him, and eventually took out the fuerbach ork and beastmaster that were covering the approach. so moment they went down, oznat+pretas haris ran straight to his deployment and had a field day on the rooftop with the remains of his core link. I think he had a really good roster with peacemakers, bulleteer, and karhu, but as I said, it was a weird game, and if he hadn't lost so many good active models on his turn - it would have been a different game. But this game is about dice, and kaitoks either tank the shit out of everything, or just go off the board during first enemy order. 10-2 in favor of MAF.
    Also super nice guy.

Game 6, Biotechvore vs Kumachan (PanO, Germany)
    [​IMG]
    Super friendly and nice guy. Basically told me that he's running duo-TAG Jeanne roster before we started. In my defense, I know about this archetype in PanO, so once he said he's indeed rolling 15, I understood that it's not some mind games.
    He won the roll (what a surprise), and decided to go first. I took bottom deployment, as table layout looked different from what you can see in the photo(it was taken before the start of Interplanetario). Kumachan took down my kaitok HRL (uncon) and m-drone, and advanced to midfield, and put cutter, squalo and Jeanne into suppressive. I've resurrected kaitok, shot Jeanne and auxilia in the back(mistakes were made), hit Jeanne two times, and sent her off the board. Also hit auxilia, and 2 more units. But squalo shred me into pieces. I then tried to kill squalo with kaitok fuerbach, took 1w, so instead decided to use yaogat sniper to deal with squalo. squalo was just an inch out of suppressive fire range, but tanked like basically 7 out of 8 hits. He also had 1w previously because he almost got out of the zone. one more shot, and squalo went down. I then started shooting cutter, it was out of cover from that side. and on the last order of sniper, I've managed to send cutter into uncon. I then went of with kaitok haris to clean up monstrucker and tech bee, as they were only engineers left. After that the game was basically sealed, not to mention that I had a really good bts rolls on my link that I didn't manage to move out of the zone.
    The game was over pretty fast, so we had a great chat afterwards, super nice guy. 10-0 in my favor.

As I said, I had very low expectations, so ending up 11th was super awesome. I really liked the roster, just wish we had an opportunity to submit rosters later than 1 month before the event.
    If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

Stiopa, DaRedOne and Brokenwolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation