1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinforcements feedback thread

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Koni, Aug 10, 2023.

1. archon

archon Well-Known Member

A new campaign book - that would be something I would like. I do some mini camps with a friend and we played it only with us two because it was not easy to get 4 or more people, that have a job, kids etc. together to play the camp without great delays. I knew book - but not paradiso 2.0 - would be nice (maybe with a mercenary ;-).

Good idea. In the case of Grimdottir it would help to make her linkable ... (like in shas).

Savnock, xagroth and burlesford like this.
  2. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

If you're not failing occasionally, you're not innovating fast enough. I don't mind misses, as long as there are also hits.

Savnock, tacos, xagroth and 1 other person like this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The community can create the new missions, or we can grab the old "worldwide digital campaigns", only tying the scenarios of each one together instead of having a Domination of 6 locations in 2-4 waves during one to three months. It would be an interesting project, since most of the work is made, requiring only narrative adaptation. For example, Frostbyte may not represent just freezing cold, but a plague, some deadly gas, etc..., Last Launch may be about an elevator instead, things like that.

4. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

What's the point of this Feedback thread, I don't think I've seen any responses or acknowledgement from CB about anything posted here?

Hecaton, LaughinGod, xagroth and 2 others like this.
  5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

@Koni It's been a month, now would be a good time for CB to touch base and give some news on what's being worked on.

Hecaton, LaughinGod, xagroth and 4 others like this.
  6. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

If anything...

Hecaton, xagroth and The Holy Knight like this.
  7. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

The official answer is: everyone go back to playing the classic 300pts format without reinforcements.:joy:

Azaries, Tristan228 and Hecaton like this.
  8. Ghost_86

Ghost_86 Member

As it is right now I prefer classic games. List building as ca is not a good feeling.

The comlink tax and the lack of a cheap option for ref. In adittion with the costs as they are. Well eighter I have many orders that can't do much or a nice link and at least 15 points wastet...

That's how it feels, with tachimoto gone even more so

Azaries, Modock, xagroth and 2 others like this.
  9. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

OK, I've manged to play my first actual game of Reinforcements (ITS 14 Powerpack, the game was overdue for over a month!).

StarCo vs. Steel Phalanx, my StarCo going first, reinforcements landing in the 3rd turn for each player.
    My observations (I'm not claiming they are correct, just what I've seen on the table in that single game):
    • the Commlink Trooper being still alive and joining the Reinforcements when they deploy is worth his weight in gold. Although it is a major drain on the main Combat Group at that point: I was down to 4 Regular Orders once Commlink jumped.
    • extra Orders (I had TacAwareness on Miranda Ashcroft, leading a Bounty Hunter Haris) are worth their wieght in gold. Well, not necessarily Impetous ones, but anyway.
    • Reinforcements in this specific scenario have totally secured my domination of the midfield when they dropped.
    • We weren't sure how Reinforcements interact with Retreat and Loss of Lieutenant. We were too tired to check the Reinforcements rulebook, honeslty, so we assumed it is like normal (though if Reinforcements coming can bring one out of Retreat, that might be a big deal).
    • At the same time, my opponent's Reinforcements were unable to achieve anything. If there was one more round of game, well, who knows (or if they have landed in his Turn #2, but by that point his loses weren't big enough).
    • I wonder if Reinforcements can come in Reactive player's Turn #1 (if there was a very bad case of an Alpha Strike)?
    All in all, until the reinforcements came down, it was a game of 250pts Limited Insertion, essentially (with one extra basic grunt in the Commlink slot, however I was able to make him a member of my initial Haris and keep him out of harm's way, so no biggie). Did not help me in making the list, but I was able to get around it. Certainly, having more Commlink-capable units would help.
    Writing the REF group was not a blast, but it seems to be a matter of practice.
    Reinforcements came late and weren't really able to change the situation on the table. Part of it being, I guess, due to so-so deployment by my opponent, and him being in LoL.

Am I a fan of the Reimnforcements mode after the game? No, not really. I think I can play that, but it doesn't make me enthusiastic.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

As stated, Reinforcements come before you check for retreat and Loss of Lt, thus making Retreat impossible in Turn 1 if the second player feels like it.

As stated, they can come if one of two options happen: automatically in Round 3, optionally when the player counts points (before Retreat!!) and discovers he is down to a certain amount of points. In a 250+100pts game, being down to 150+100 is enough, and they can be deployed in the second player's first turn if that happens (in fact, there is a video of Robert Shepherd deploying 150pts on turn one, being the first player, to deploy reinforcements first).

Jumara likes this.
  11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Retreat counts undeployed units, so it isn't a matter of choosing. As long as you don't under-fill your reinforce group you can't go Retreat without losing troopers from that group

12. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

Commlink Needs to go 25/.5 and a Slot is not a good feeling... it feels like a punishment for Playing the game mode...
    Some vanilla factions have multiple options others only have 1 choice, which is no choice

Just give the Mode 0,+1,+2 when reinforcement mode is used for that faction and done... I'm building list and my Commlink guy is just a burden...
    Other than that I'm digging the mode...
    Also +1 on an NA2 box Set...

xagroth and The Holy Knight like this.
  13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Right, I was thinking in the old "count hidden deployment units and DA even if not on the table", but the difference is 13pts more than just a 300pts game :S

14. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Sure in the frame of reinforcements TA, NCO and extra Order feels more worthy than in a normal game, especially if your RF are such late. But the commlink tax is too expensive in my opinion. Your main list is already limited and now had to babysit an expansive line trooper.

Good conclusion. After three games I would say the same. Maybe I can get one more soon. So far I would say the concept is not enough to sell all the RF boxes over the next ITS period.

xagroth and burlesford like this.
  15. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Not sure exactly. I've previously heard it said that by IJW and psychoticstorm that when people point out issues on the forum it makes them *less* likely to be fixed, so I don't know what logic they use there.

16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not think we ever said that, what we may have said and been misrepresented is that the way something is said may affect how it will be noticed and valued.

chromedog and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  17. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

As well as noting that specific feedback posts/threads, even when noticed and used for refinements, may not be called out explicitly. Or that refinements using that feedback will happen on CB’s timeline, which may or may not fit what players think it should be.

18. Hecaton

Considering you think making a thread called "balance issues in n4" is inappropriate then I am confident in saying that whoever's making the decisions has unreasonable standards for how things should be said.

19. Hecaton

Except there's no reactivity. If a piece of software has bugs, you've got a list of things the designers are aware of, whether or not they're going to fix them, whether they even consider them bugs, etc. Right now we don't even know if the design team thinks anything is wrong except that panO remotes are too cheap.

The Holy Knight and Jumara like this.
  20. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You know fully well the thread was not the issue the conduct was, hence why I restarted it, that been said the tread has veered too much off topic and should revert back to its original topic after this.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation