1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinforcement Group - Open/Private info

Discussion in 'Rules' started by tox, Aug 4, 2023.

1. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

If we play with this game mode, it is mandatory to have a Reinforcement group, that should be clear.

When you start your game and you pass the Courtesy List, it includes the Reinforcement as Open Information
    upload_2023-8-4_8-35-37.png
    (models added casually)

Is this intended? Shouldn't they be Private Info?

2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

That is correct, Reinforcements are open information.

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

So that is the first case in the game where you disclose info about something that is not on the table.

Can I ask you why the developing team came up with this decision?

Mahtamori and xagroth like this.
  4. Gio

Gio Member

upload_2023-8-4_13-11-48.png

I had the same question and the pandas (Fast Panda Gaming) kindly answered.

You share that information when you deploy the reinforcements

#4 Gio, Aug 4, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
    theclaw likes this.
  5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not have the answer to that, but I have done the question in the bug elimination phase a long time ago and the answer is it is intentional to be public information and in the curtesy list.

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

https://infinitythewiki.com/Open_and_Private_Information

So... they merely applied RAW. I think this will slow even more the games, mind you...

7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the Reinf Section print off on a new page ? So that you can share it once the model are deployed ? While they are obviously Open Info, the rule says to share open info while you deploy them and the new reinforcement rule pdf clearly tells us to not deploy the reinf section during the main deployment phase, but only deploy your main section.

chromedog, QueensGambit and theclaw like this.
  8. theclaw

theclaw Well-Known Member
    Warcor

as per the rules above you don't share you private information until you deploy your models and it says everywhere in the Reinforcements rules you 'deploy' Reinforcements later in the game hence that is when you share that open information

9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

This is not what I undersand from @psychoticstorm answer, frankly. As far as I can understand this, the reinforcements are with the courtesy list you give to your opponent while you deploy, between the Lt roll and the order recount of the first turn... and since the reinforcements are there, they are public info from the start of the game regardless of when they deploy.

Granted, I may have misunderstood what you mean... nevertheless it is not the first time the rules end in a contradiction loop, I know people have used the rulebook as a Turing test sometimes XD

10. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

You missed the last part. DURING THE DEPLOYMENT PHASE.

It means that during THAT phase you disclose all your Open Info. And if Reinforcement are Open Info, you are required to disclose them at that very same moment,

xagroth likes this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I do not agree with this interpretation, because it's cutting a huge chunk of the phrase. It says the time when you must share your list's public info: when you deploy yout models, markers and tokens during the deployment phase.

It is not saying "you share your open information of each individual model, marker, and token when you place each on the table". This reading seems quite dissonant, since markers's contents are private info, the only public part about them is the mimetism level and silhouette

tox likes this.
  12. theclaw

Warcor

as well as it saying in the rules page 15 you don't share the open information until deployed (you don't deploy Reinforcements at the start of the gane) the president is combat jump for example, once that unit is 'deployed' the unit information is then open so why is it different for Reinforcements?

13. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

No idea, really...

Maybe because of this?
    upload_2023-8-4_15-3-55.png

14. theclaw

Warcor

before we go off at a tangent, I said once deployed it becomes public information
    as in the deployment is the catalyst for information to become public

chromedog likes this.
  15. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Just talked with the Dev Team and I can confirm that Reinforcements is OPEN INFORMATION from the beginning and the courtesy list is totally ok as it prints now.

16. stormshroud

stormshroud Member

For me it fails the internal logic check, how can you know the full content of the un-deployed reinforcement section but not a troop with Combat Jump? That seems to be the most appropriate comparison. In both cases it relates to troops that will deploy to the table after the initial deployment phase. In the case of Combat Jump it is private information until it arrives on the table but you know everything about the Reinforcements before they are on the table. That is an inconsistency to me.

Robock, Jam800, xagroth and 3 others like this.
  17. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Ok, i don't like it but it is the way to go and is wierdly consistent with the rules.

18. theclaw

Warcor

I agree, I don't like it but the ones who must be obeyed say so

zapp, xagroth and Gio like this.
  19. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

@Koni thank you for your reply.

At what point in the game are courtesy lists exchanged?

We always thought it was at the end of deployment, because that's when all the models are on the table and their open info has become available to the opponent. But, your answer on reinforcements is leading us to wonder if we were wrong. Are courtesy lists exchanged at the start of the game, before deployment is finished? That is, is models' information Open from the outset, not merely becoming Open once they're deployed? To put it another way, do I know my opponent's list, including their reserve troop(s), before they've deployed them?

zapp likes this.
  20. Jam800

Jam800 Well-Known Member

I have to say I disagree that the Reinforcement Group should be Open Information prior to it deploying.

It feels contradictory to the standard game rules, in as much as, what can't be seen on the table remains Private Information, until such a time as the model is revealed or is placed on the table-top.

I'd like to see a reversal on the decision to keep the Reinforcement Group as Open Information...

zapp, Tristan228 and StephanDahl like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation