1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons why Daemonist should be removed from vanilla Nomads

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ugin, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

It may be /S, but if Nomads can have their supposed weaknesses removed and have shooting units on par with what PanO have to offer when they are supposed to be the "tricksy" faction the fair thing to do is making pitchers and white noise/Hacker+ available to every faction. If faction identity is not a thing anymore for some factions just be done with it for everybody if it's only used to set random limitations.

Hecaton likes this.
  2. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I had to open army and check if it had a hacker option, and it doesn't. Phew.

IF this guy had a hacking device plus instead of guard+decoy, I'd care less about him.

As is, I might have made the wrong statement. This guy isn't so much a PanO profile as it looks like something that would be in O-12 or Combined Army. But it's definetely not a nomads profile.

Guard and Decoy are defensive skills that one could argue fit nomads, and I'm ok with that notion. However, the combination of Guard, Decoy, Biovisor and LT2 make this guy a very safe lieutenant option, and one that is a lot harder to kill than any other nomad options (No, the taskmaster isn't hardier, both of them are 2W HI and the extra 2 ARM on the taskmaster isn't better than Decoy)

So what this guy is is a safe backline lieutenant with command options (LT2 IS a useful skill) who adds in order efficiency and safe lieutenant options, which is something that's out of the nomad line.

Again, this is NOT a problem. I don't think this guy needs to be removed.

But I am annoyed, because it specifically breaks the 'nomad guidelines' and it's the third model to do so (Kriza did it. Gator did it). Nomads seem to always be the first faction to get something that breaks their 'faction identity' while guys like PanO and YuJing seem to get stuck in a plaster mold they can't get out of. That is annoying.

Remnar, toadchild, KoG and 9 others like this.
  3. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Add in the fact that Bakunin has some very strong NCO (Moiras). “Oh no… I have to use 2 Lt orders on an HMG / MSR Moira… So inefficient!”

4. Jaeger_Illustrations

Jaeger_Illustrations Active Member

It makes me sad as a player that the faction identities are so blurred these days. We have for the most part gone from "these factions can't do x" to "these factions pay a premium to do x" its why I have been drawn to combined army recently, as I feel they are the only faction that has toys I don't see other factions getting.

But who knows, maybe nomads will get sepsitor with their next update.

Ugin and Daireann like this.
  5. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I am still choosing faction, and may be it is my option too. Who knows. May be I would buy Raicho!

From the start I liked faction with aliens x)

6. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Have you got a link to these nomad guidelines? I've not seen them before.

7. Jaeger_Illustrations

Jaeger_Illustrations Active Member

Its funny because just after posting that I was reading the fluff for the new dire foes box. Robin Hook just stole a sepsitor and the churchs want it so they can convert people.....

I was joking about nomads getting a sepsitor but now it doesn't seem that far out of the realm of possibility.

8. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

And they would use it for good of humansphere. Of course!
    But if this story would move this way... I don't know, what to think.
    Looks like a possible thing this days x)

I promise to draw rule34 art where nuns are dominating avatar if this would happen.

Time Bandit likes this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Nomads are not a "good guys" faction, never were, of course something like that would not be outside the schemes of Praxis and the Observance.

I assume this is a reason why Robin Hook, "accidentally", damaged it.

chromedog, kesharq, Solar and 3 others like this.
  10. Vijel

Vijel Member

Can we please talk somewhere why the guardian creature of the Daemonist looks like something from the Onyx Contact Force?
    Or am i the only one with this impression? Oo

Camo Token likes this.
  11. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Looks more from DOOM to me.

burlesford likes this.
  12. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

The objectivly best comment there is. Hands down. As a nomad player 100% relatable. Just picked the faction, did never stop winning, although i´m unable to place miniatures rightside up nor hitting the table with my dice.

Sarcasm aside.
    This just summs it up. Not one nomad player beeing honest to himself can deny, that the skill set up of the Deamonic feels "off" to what nomads had till now. The modell itself is not the point. It´s not obnoxiously strong or cheap or whatever, but it feels "not right" to be in the faction due to facts already pointed out.
    It´s annoying, it truely is, and that makes me sad, to sound a little bit melodramatic. A lot of things said on the last 9 Pages are true. The question now is, if it had to be expressed in the manner of the Unreal-tournament-Child screaming at his PC and smashing the keyboard.

edit: i am sorry, i did defenetly not want to necromant this piece of art of a discussion

#172 anubis, Mar 27, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    Remnar, Tristan228, DaRedOne and 3 others like this.
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I don't think it feels off at all

It's cool and weird, Nomads are cool and weird

14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually tried the Deamonist on the table yet?

Personally, if this was available to me in Yu Jing, I wouldn’t even use the Lt. option. I would just move it up and take out anything out of line of site with Guard. I only have to worry about hackers for the most part. So fantastic against any without them.

15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Yeah it's good, it's not game endingly OP at all

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Going purely off of assumptions and the name, I expect it is because the deamonists believe in using the tools of the enemy against them, in this case a deamon. Both the EI, (and Aleph), is believed to be a deamonic force by the Observance, so this may be a guard remote created off of stolen or replicated tech. Though we will not really know until the next book.

17. Vijel

Vijel Member

That makes actually a lot of sense.
    Overall i get low key Bit and KISS! vibes from the Daemonist and her guard creature.
    To be on the safe side i call it now: The Observance fiddleing a bit to much with EI tech and joining the Combined Army. xD

nehemiah likes this.
  18. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

You got me to chuckle. lol

19. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

It's one of the biggest problems with Infinity; interactive moves don't give sufficiently higher reward than noninteractive ones. Why would you shoot an enemy model if hacking or pheroware is an option? Take zero-risk moves that are still effective, such genius.

Camo Token likes this.
  20. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Guard requires LOF

upload_2023-3-28_15-24-6.png

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation