1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions from our first campaign.

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by gravitypool, Apr 17, 2018.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I suspect that you'd want your bullet cored with Teseum rather than coated.

[​IMG]

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  2. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Those I think SHOULD be the hypothethical "T1 Hyper-A.P." Ammo that I was debating in the Ammunition Thread. . .

Instead a Teseum Coating on a "Soft Lead Core" that would be the "T3 Dum-Dum Manstopper". . .

But I digress, obviously the BEST HACKERS or Ariadna are the Caledonian Highlanders. . . . .That NOT ONLY "Hack" but ALSO "Slash" with their excellent Operating Hardware. . .

Teseum 100% Pure Claymore Broadswords / Zweinhanders. . . . . .!!!

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

You mean like SaBoT? "SaboT rounds use a lightweight outer shell to accelerate a dart of pure Teseum to speeds sufficient to pierce and crack even the densest armour, adding Anti-Materiel 3 and Piercing 5 to the weapon."

What makes T2 so good is that:
    • it's Special, not Heavy (most Heavy weapons have the Munitions trait)
    • Area
    • Vicious 2 will ruin even unarmoured targets days
    T2 ammo makes literally no sense to me though:
    "T2 rounds are jacketed hollow-point projectiles covered in a double-reinforced coating of Teseum, which splinters into deadly microscopic fragments on impact." But they're piercing AND anti-material.

Basically I just accept that Teseum is magical unobtainium.

=========

Highlanders don't have Stealth. So if you want to get caught sure. But if you want to do it right, hire a Spektr.

Also Teseum for both Swords and Sabot rounds is so very very dull. Sabot you want the densest material you can get (maximum mass for minimum cross section) which is why DU was used. Whereas you really don't want an overly dense material.te.

#43 inane.imp, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. AdmiralJCJF

I don't think that there is any Heavy weapon which doesn't have the Munition trait.

So they all chew through Reloads like nobody's business.

And, yeah, Teseum swords are tough to get your head around 'till you realise that iron and steel are basically the same material processed in different ways with different qualities due to that processing and even steel can have very different properties depending on how it is processed...

I just assume Teseum is the same.

5. inane.imp

Magical unobtainium. ;)

6. AdmiralJCJF

Like, if that's an issue for you Infinity is NOT going to be your jam basically.

Teseum is only one of several "neomaterials" which the setting depends on.

7. inane.imp

Nah, I'm ok with it. I just hit the I believe button and move on.

But it would be like using Tungsten and Titanium alloys interchangeably. Yes the material properties may be similar but there's one key immutable difference: density.

8. AdmiralJCJF

To be fair one of the qualities of certain metals is the degree to which you can control their physical properties through careful working. Something-something-crystal structure... I'm not a chemist (or a materials engineer).

Long story short THIS part of the Teseum story doesn't bother me... after all penetrator cores for AP rounds AND swords (requiring totally different qualities) WERE both made from Steel.

9. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Yep, many Years ago (20 or even 25, I don't remember) I was present at a firing demonstration at Franchi Shotguns for Shells and Slugs designed for Military and S.W.A.T. roles, rather than repurposed Hunting Ammunitions. . .

I was a few meters distant from Engineer Paolo Torosani (the man responsible for the developement of the Franchi SPAS-15, one of the first "Rifle Clip" Modern Police Riot Shotguns) that fired (without any meaningful effetcs) some old "Unjacketed Lead Single-Shot Balls" Ammo (the ones employed for "Big Game Hunting" and NOT ALLOWED in Italy, where Small Buckshot is the norm) over an Inch Wide Steel Plate. . .

Then He proceeded to insert a newer Clip, where the Slugs were charged with SLIGHLY more Gunpowder and fired a Solid Steel Ball made with advanced metallurgy techniques and that ammo "Bored" easily the Metal Plate; it was an Ammunition purposely designed for "Police Roadblock Operations" where they would have EASILY cored through a Car Engine Block, ruining any perps escape attempt. . .

In fact in the Cyberpunk 2020 R.P.G. Game (that origiinated the "Infinity" Setting) the "Italian Single Steel Balls" Slug Shotgun Ammunition had the A.P.E.X. (Armor Piercing + Explosive) properties usually reserved for Antitank Shots NOT SMALLER than 12,7mm. of Barrett Heavy Rifles and Browing .50 Machineguns. . . . .!!!

E-Warden likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation