1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Tri-Core declaration

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by TemporalDistortion, Oct 23, 2020.

1. TemporalDistortion

TemporalDistortion New Member

Hi all

new to Spiral

Just looking for some clarification on the declaration of Tri-Core

When a Triad activates when must I declare they are a Tri-Core?
    It's listed as "optional" and "Automatic" and the Scheemer who brings the Tri-Core with them will be holomasked
    Does it have to be public when the tricore is formed during deployment?
    Or is it hidden information until it gets "used" by the team. (IE: can I turn it on at any stage? Like when declaring a shot or an ARO) If this voluntary activation is the case would this reveal the Taagma (Who is holomasked)?

The Tri-core rule is quite clear that players MUST mark the use of the skill. But isn't all that clear on when I get a chance to Waive it or not in order to conceal its presence

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

The Taagma possessing the skill is private info, so if you have it active, your opponent will know that a model in the Triad has the skill, but not which model. The use of Tricore does not meet any of the Cancellation requirements for the Holomask state, so the trooper will remain Holomasked and its equipment private information.

If you were the second player, for example, you could conceal it until you needed to ARO with a Tricore Triad Member, at which point you would need to mark that you were using the skill. See this N3 thread, the information is still accurate to N4. IJW chimes in on the bottom of the first page to explain exactly the interaction you mention here.

#2 meikyoushisui, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Zsimbi and TemporalDistortion like this.
  3. TemporalDistortion

TemporalDistortion New Member

Thanks!

I sort've suspected thats how it interacted. But some other folks were trying to convince me it always had to be public right from the triad formation.

Good to hear we dont have to give the game away right away

Zsimbi likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation