1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prone, cover, and lower elevation

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by QueensGambit, Jul 31, 2019.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

A piece of terrain is 1cm high. My unit A is on top of the terrain, prone. My opponent's unit B is at ground level, standing, with LoF to A. So, A is above the bottom of B's silhouette (which is at ground level), but below the top of B's silhouette (which is 25mm above ground level).

Is B in a "lower position" than A for the purpose of A getting cover pursuant to the prone rules?

In other words, is "lower position" measured base-to-base (A's base is above B's base) or would A have to be entirely above B's whole silhouette for A to get cover?

I feel like it's probably been answered before, but as usual my forum search term skills seem to be inadequate.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It's the whole Silhouette, because being Prone on a higher surface works by being partially obscured.

WarHound likes this.
  3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Makes sense, thx.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation