1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Profile Updates Coming - But Who? AND HOW?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AdmiralJCJF, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Magister holding a panzerfaust is a missed sword sculpt, which infuriates me more because magisters are actually competent enough in cc to have their weps out.

Meanwhile at cc 16 swiss with a zweihander out....

Zsolt, TaHu, Commoner1 and 2 others like this.
  2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

The selection of which sculpts to present CC weapons and pistols on is sometimes very frustrating.

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Especially when what, 2/3 of PanO MI is waving a knife around?

edit: ok, I've checked and the number is fortunately lower these days. I've projected what I've felt about old school Akalis, I think :P

Judge Dredd and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  4. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

The only reason i might ever get new magister box (even though i own like 8 of the old ones which still look fantastic) is because the new female sculpts are same size as old Male ones, and i can at least excuse it as mobility armor is light like that.

I hate female power armor being paper thin. Its not absolutely horrid in magisters, but the domaru... its like the men are 8 feet tall and the women rail thin dwarves

Nemo No Name and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well at least Akalis had a fluff reason to do so (if not a gameplay one).

Magister dumbtube is really annyoing. I wish someone could ask CB wtf have had happened (and dumbtube is stupid from gameplay perspective as you have constatnly remind your opponent that ALL Magisters do have Panzerfausts not only one actually carrying it....).

TaHu, cazboab, Skoll and 1 other person like this.
  6. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Probably I am wrong but have teuton too an aim system/panzerfaust/something on his left shoulder?

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Yes, Teuton combi-rifle profiles have Panzerfausts.

The shoulder-thing was indeed a high-tech, miniaturized Panzerfaust as befitting the high-tech faction. I especially liked it on the Knights - it was a stylistic choice that said "ain't nobody got time to hold a noob tube! Hands are for swinging swords!"

Mikes, Zsolt, TaHu and 5 others like this.
  8. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Both the Haramaki shoulder-blitzen and Magister shoulder-panzerfaust were some of my favorite things about CB's design for Heavy Infantry. Miniaturized, hard-hitting, hands-free projectile weapons was very, very cool. It helped add some legitimacy to the crazy concept that these guys were still running around with swords. It also encouraged the Kinematika/Hyper-Dynamics element, that these were light and agile troops capable of faster movement than a human without augmentation.

Carrying big shoulder-mounted launchers and shotguns and swords kind of broke the illusion for me.

Mikes, kanluwen, Zsolt and 8 others like this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Hey, if you don't like CB's vision you shouldn't complain and either fit to their vision or just find new games for yourself.

(damn I really hope that people know it better and understand the sarcasm of this entry without it being written in Comic Sans (which we desperatly need))

10. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I miss Comic Sans so much.

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Me, too.

12. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yup. Plus it can get confused with the ML. Should have kept the shoulder-mounted coolness.

Zsolt, barakiel and Stiopa like this.
  13. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Today, on "Things I Never Thought I Would Read!"

Mikes and Judge Dredd like this.
  14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

This was quite important tool for PanO folk at the end of lifetime of old forums...

AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  15. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Can we have it integrated as pano sans

Mikes and Stiopa like this.
  16. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

pano sans nice things.

Owait thats just regular pano.

17. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

I suspect there may be some level of intention to that on CB's part with the proxy rules. Very few units have pistols and ccws on one profile and not on another, the type of ccw and pistol might change, but not much. If a model has only the default weapons for their unit that allows them to be a proxy for any of the profiles.

That said I'd prefer the models in an SWC box to cover as many options as possible with maybe a spare pair of arms with the default ccw if only for veriaty...

And Pan-O panzerfausts should be built into the armour iron man style instead of a giant double barreled LAW80...

18. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Proxy rules changed, you can proxy whatever with whatever.

There are lot more minis waving around their pistols than it makes any sense. Like the ML Sukeul, K1 Sukeul, Spitfire Sakiel, half the Kaeltars, Gorgos pilot.

On the Magisters: not only their skirts look really stupid, they all have static, shooty poses, while they are the only extremely impetuous troops in pano. The panzerfaust looks the same as the ML, and the old ML were lot cooler. It's a pretty derpy box.

Superfluid likes this.
  19. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

That was my point, it doesn't matter now(apart from to OCD players and collectors like me... ) but when a lot of MO was released (and they had to have been designed even before that...) the rules were a little bit more restrictive...

20. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

comic pans

Deltervees and Section9 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation