1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prism Taunt

Discussion in 'Rules' started by sololobo, Dec 21, 2018.

1. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

I have a question after I was unable to find a prior post in the rule section via search function.

Scenario: Prism taunts enemy model, Parvati. Parvati, is within range to conduct her "Submachine Gun" attack. Parvati activates...

Prism's Taunt Rules: "Enemies taunted by you that can perform an attack against you must attack you whenever they can."

Can Parvati spend action points to move away from Prism to then use the attack "Contender?"

Or, can Parvati perform green actions i.e. Reset, removing the taunt state even though it is not an attack?

Or, is Parvati forced to perform both "Submachine Gun" and "Contender" wiping all action points?

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

That's probably because of the typo in her name, it's Prysm. ;-)

If the Character is able to Attack Prysm, they MUST do so, until they are no longer able to do so, for example by not having enough Action Points.

So Parvati is only going to be able to use Reset if she cannot declare an Attack on Prysm. Note that she could do Submachineguns Akimbo twice, leaving her with one Action Point to do MediKit, but Reset is going to be almost impossible.

3. sololobo

Oh my bad. :)

I'll see if I can edit that. (Ah, I can't)

Okay, so their APs must be expired to the point that they cannot perform another attack, but with their reaming APs, if any, they can conduct green or movement actions.

So, what if Prysm and Parvati were btb? Parvati cannot attack since her attack range is 2-6". Would she, then be able to spend APs on anything she wanted then? Or, would she need to attempt to disengage to then attack.

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

First she'd have to declare Contender, as that has a range of 1-8. She'd then be able to spend the remaining 2AP however she wanted, as it's not enough for a second Contender attack.

-V- and sololobo like this.
  5. sololobo

You knocked out all the questions I had! Thank you! :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation