1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-planning for Varuna

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by TanakoSkyler22, Apr 22, 2018.

1. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

Not sure if I am jumping the gun on this, but I decided to work on the Tactica for Varuna.

For now it is bare-bones, and only has current releases. Probably will change once it comes out, but would like opinions and thoughts on this issue.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Biggest thing to develop now would probably be Cutters tactics.

TanakoSkyler22 likes this.
  3. TanakoSkyler22

Yeah, I think Cutter is at least going to be the most stable for now. Unless it gets a secondary weapon, but I doubt that.

loricus likes this.
  4. Musterkrux

Musterkrux Well-Known Member

"I wrote a film review on Avengers: Infinity War. I haven't seen it yet, but I did see Thor 2 and I know Thor's in Avengers: Infinity War. So, I already know how good Thor's line are in Avengers..."

I reckon I wouldn't push too far forwards on a Tactica until:

1. Varuna comes out and you see how it all fits together, doubly important considering the mixed fire teams we're seeing these days.
    2. You've actually played some games with it in it's final form. Tactica from armchair strategists are near-zero value, sorry.

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

You PanO folks are way too serious.

oldGregg and Palomides like this.
  6. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

You can be reasonably sure in writing segments on Cutter usage, Crocmen shenannigans (TO minelayers FTW) and Fusiliers (though Id suggest its almost exactly the same as how to use a fusilier link in other sectorials)

7. Musterkrux

Musterkrux Well-Known Member

Haha, mate. Haqq/Nomads, actually. I'm just here to stir some shit.

8. TanakoSkyler22

Well, I mean it is more of getting a start on it rather than its entirety. I am more sticking to what I know for the time being and not much else, but there can be some inferrence what is shown at the moment.

Definitely. Probably can assume remotes as well, but Remotes rarely change that much between sectorials (save for AVA).

9. daboarder

Warcor

yeah REMs for sure, but like you said their roles are already pretty well defined.

And I wouldnt touch on Kamau yet, linkabillity options for them are unknown outside of Core/Haris. For all we know we'll get jipped and the MSR will be unlinkable.

Same really goes for ORCs, we have word their profiles will change and they will be getting a character so we should wait for that

10. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Practice that hot hot Cutter tech. Figure out how much support you need to take (Evo, hacking coverage, engineer, etc) and what you can do without.

I have a feeling that a good 75% of Varuna lists that people play will be all about dat Cutter, unless there are some really compelling reasons to take ORCs.

It’s going to be really hard not putting all of my eggs into a [-6 visual mod] basket with Cutters, Croc Men and Bulleteers everywhere that just crumple to an Intruder.

11. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

:hearts:
    The true Varuna flavor

daboarder likes this.
  12. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

You can definitely get underway with existing units, but we won't know how those existing units will get better/worse in the Sectorial... How you use any of the existing units (Cutter, Crocs, Kamau, etc.) is probably going to change extremely with new unit additions. Helots are probably going to be a game-changer, and we still don't know anything about Echo Bravos or the new AD unit.

AdmiralJCJF and TanakoSkyler22 like this.
  13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Plus actually main pain of Varuna will be probably to fit all those amazing tools (Croc-Man, Cutter, (some Kamaus?)) in 300 pts limit....

14. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

Try to make a list with a Cutter and a Kamau Core..... the points/swc starvation is real

15. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

1 SWC on the Kamau HMG helps though. I think that's awesome... Gonna make lone Kamau HMGs very easy to include in Varuna lists.

16. daboarder

Warcor

Problem I had was wanting to put the Mars in the link.

Fusiliers are probably going to be my cutter support of choice

17. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Kamau Core looks like the most brutal thing in Varuna.
    4-4, unhackable, 0SWC WIP13 Core Link FOs, cheap, (AVA Total) and a Sniper who hits almost everything on 16s or better (with full Link Bonus and in +3 Range).
    TO Camo in Cover? 16. Someone with Albedo/White Noise declared to shoot you and you shoot back? 16. Impetuous stuff? 19. Kriza Borac with Cover? 13.
    BTS6 is situational bloat but even that comes in handy to tank/discourage the occasional Nanopulser, Breaker/Viral hit.

High hopes for Orcs, Helots and Echo Bravo to provide some solo Assault pieces to complement a Kamau Core, a Drone swarm and some Order Monkeys.

Existing troop types for Varuna so far:
    - Linkable Linetroops (Fusiliers)
    - Linkable mid range troops (Kamau)
    - Linkable HI (Orcs)
    - Infiltrator (Croc Men)
    - basic REMs
    - Heavy TAG (Cutter)
    - MSV2 Profile (Kamau Sniper)
    - Marker State Profile (Cutter/Croc Men)

Missing troop types for Varuna so far:
    - Elite HI (XYZ Guard)
    - light TAG (Stingray no 3)
    - AD
    - MI (could be considered as covered by Kamau)
    - utility mid(price)range toolbox (Blackfriar, Deva, Drakios, Scylla, ...)
    - Dire Foe Character
    - Character in general (we get the Orc chick so this should be covered)
    - DTW Profile
    - KHD Profile
    - alternative Skirmisher (Forward Deployment, Mech Deployment, Infiltration)
    - Warband/Impetuous troop
    - (Eclipse-)Smoke/White Noise/Albedo

Looking at the average PanO Sectorial I expect at least 2/3s of the missing ones to get covered, and that's a lot of wiggling room even with overlap.

barakiel and TanakoSkyler22 like this.
  18. TanakoSkyler22

Definitely. And even then, there are some solid profiles that would not make that much sense (Impetuous being the main one, but that is if Teutons are not part of it. Which they need some type of re-work before I'd consider taking them). MI I think is going to be covered by Echo-Bravo potentially, and having something similiar to Eclipse or so would be nice.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation