1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posthumans PBP Interest Check. . .

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by stevenart74, Sep 24, 2018.

1. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

As someone could be yet aware, after Playing in the P.B.P. started by @Solodice on the Old Forum about "Private Investigators" hired by a Tunguskan Firm then I have started a P.B.P. gamemastered by Me as well. . .

It is quite inspired by My passion for the works of Masamune Shirow, and especially for its excellent "Postapocalyptic Cyberpunk Reconstruction" Manga APPLESEED that features heavily "Landmates" (Exoskeletons with "Visible" Arms of the Pilot that "Puppet" the Main "Slaved" Robotic Arms of the Powersuit) and that inspired A LOT of the ideas of Corvus Belli for Manned T.A.G.s . . .

While that game centers about a Mercenary Company with "Heavy Gear" based on Planet Dawn and employing not only Ariadnans, but also selected Haqqislamites, Nomads, Tohaas and selected people from the Human Sphere (and even BEYOND, as one Player is a Morat Krakot Renegade. . . !!) against ANYONE trying to Land-Grab unsettled lands on Dawn to mine Teseum for their OWN profit, WITHOUT paying the due taxes to the Planet "First Colony". . .

I have developed that game with collaboration of two OTHER G.M. of My Local Game Shop and write with them some Original Material; on this very site the R.P.G. Campaign goes onward with some "Technical Difficulties" (at a Moment we had 9-10 "Active Players", but after I had some BAD Problems of Work / Family / R.W. Issues on this August and the Summer Pace slacked a bit, we lost ALMOST everyone except 4 "Hardcore Enthusiasts" still VERY interested to continue !!). . .

. . . . .

Now , in My L.G.S. some R.W. Players have asked to start ANOTHER Campaign, still very inspired by the works of Masamune Shirow, but as they are quite "Cyberpunk Enthusiasts" less centered about "Humanoid Tanks" on Battlefield and more on Advanced Cyborgs countering noxious Illegal Artificial Intelligences. . .!!

So more "Ghost In The Shell" and less "Appleseed", with A LOT OF IDEAS pilfered directly from "Eclipse Phase" . . .

It is still in formative idea stage, but SHOULD be about a "Gestalt Crew" of A.L.E.P.H. Posthuman Agents navigating ALL AROUND THE HUMAN SPHERE by parading as "Elite Security" of a Circular. . .

They will be able to select between the Mark 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (of Male AND Female subtypes for each) of the available bodies, and have Drones (Arachnoid, Dakinis, Garudas) or Myrmydon Bodyguards at beck & call for serious operations (such as when the "Kotaku Kidotai 9" of G.I.T.S. employ Police S.W.A.T. to cordon an Area !!). . .

The fact that EACH Player Character will be a "Shard Aspect" of the SAME "Gestalt Mind" they will be QUANTRONICALLY ALWAYS linked to each other, even at very great distances, with Encrypted Comms of the most advanced stage. . .

Each Player will be "ACTIVE" with a Single Body at time (such as is in the Tabletop R.P.G.) but could "Activate Swapping" easily; Destruction of an Active Body will engender a "Trauma Risk" to soak-up with Willpower AND Hacker Skill ("Last Picosecond" Download of the Consciousness) but VERY SOON will be back with a New Body. . .

Unless they are somehow "Trapped" in the Quantronic Version of a "Faraday Cage Room" where they are "Cut Off" from A.L.E.P.H. and the "Brothers & Sisters" of the "Gestalt" (a Fate for Posthuman akin to be "Entombed Alive" !!). . .

Also while the Player Character will be PHISICALLY more-or-less "Immortals" the prospective of their "Source Code" to be hacked by "Rogue A.I." will be tantamount to be exposed to the WORST Viral Weapons, with the risk of being FORCIBLY expelled and "Purge Cleansed" as if they were exposed to the Sepsitors of the Combined Army. . .

. . . . .

The "Gestal Crew" will have a codename: P.E.R.S.E.U.S.

So seleted because the Main Target will be to investigate the "Gorgons", Physical Agents of a mysterious "Rogue Posthuman Agency" that "Evolved" from the "T.I.T.A.N.S." (the N.O.R.A.D. Semi-Sentient Network, seriously damaged by the Nano-Wars of North America) that created the sinister "K.R.O.N.O.S. Rogue A.I." trying to subvert the VERY Mainframe of Mayasphere (and rivalling better known menaces such as Nomads-Borne "Svengali" or the Tendrils of the Evolved Intelligence). . .

Will be open obviously to discuss any more Infos with anyone interested. . .!!

Le Me know . . . . .!!!

Harlekin and Golem2God like this.
  2. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Just an Update. . .

The Project is still extant, but had to consider some potentials of Job-Related Issues that could influence it. . .

As an Italian, the ROMAN LEGIONS of our glorious "First Empire" Past have FAR MORE importance than confuse "Greek Classicals" that are JUST studied at Humanistic College courses. . .

As I'm now involved in a 2D-Concept-To-3D-Rendering Work Project there was a certain interest in "Graphically Revamping" INSIDE a Infinity-Related Fan-Art Project some ideas about the "Red Legion of Caesar" of Fallout: New Vegas. . .

Technically the USUAL well-organized Gang of Postapocalyptic Ravagers / Marauders / Slavers BUT heavily influenced by Visual Styles, and Cultures of the Ancient Roman Legions of "Centurions, Praetorian Guards & Gladiators". . .

So I will PROBABLY dithc the "Perseus Vs. Gorgons" Visual Conceptualization and instead goes towards "Maximus Decimus Meridius, IN SPACE" route !!!!

. . . . .

So WHO is interested to do an ALEPH Loyalist Humandroid OR Rogue Aspect / Posthuman Rebel version of LHOST Recreation of "Russell Crowe, the Gladiator". . . . .??

. . . . .

We accept ALSO Recreations of Leonidas of Sparta and the 300 (really "YUJINGESE" Cheap Copies of Achilles and Myrmydons :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation