1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Positive Tohaa Conspiracy Theory for 2019

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Cothel, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Pakulkan

Pakulkan Well-Known Member

I was a newbie at a certain point. I found my Nomads having true awful sculpts in key profiles (as per example, Moran) which effectively made them unavailable for me (no matter if the SKU is available or not, they are so ugly that you could not consider them properly).

That was not an issue to me to get Nomads, to proxy Morans, and to build koalas.

You're so afraid about new players, while they will probably be more appealed by Spiral than Vanilla Tohaa. I am here, in fact, because new miniatures are awesome (not truly considering them just because new shavastii).

I think this is a brand new situation (not entirely frenched) that take advantage in some issues:

- Tohaa rules redo (Core links, for example)
    - Tohaa miniatures range update
    - Fluff advance

Merovingia was a far less elegant choice, in which you simple got read of your miniatures, fluff was barely untouch, and was truly perceived as pure SKU issue. Here, you have (in my humble opinion) a smarter strategy. And as said, I play Nomads and some of the same comments were made for Corregidor (until Bostria specifically denied the discontinuation) so far, and for me, was no issue in to lose some miniatures if I could play the faction. I just imagine what would be to get read of some Corregidorians to have some new ones, and would be more than pleased (always having the option to play old ones, BTW).

Balseraph likes this.
  2. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Yeah...
    But, being optimistic, what about a split box Tohaa vs Spiral Corps? :smiling_imp:

oldGregg likes this.
  3. D_D

D_D Free Lance

Imo shas vs ramah is much more likely
    Just because tohaa got their spiral corpse

TheRedZealot likes this.
  4. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

They called it the year of the alien, not the year of the Tohaa.

The starter in Red Veil is the Ramah starter, so they wont be in another one.

DukeofEarl and Plex like this.
  5. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

Yes, Tohaa will not get part of a 2-player box later in the same year as they receive an army box. I checked out the Shasvastii video yesterday and it seems they will be included in all major events this year, there was no similar talk about the Tohaa. So I'm convinced the 2-player box will be Shasvastii vs "something not Tohaa". After this army box release Spiral Corps releases will probably be 6-9 things the next year, including human employees, so not only Tohaa.

Any thoughts on the human part of the Corps?
    Brawlers are a given.
    Saito might be there, but the book includes other mercs then the Corps, so he might be part of the Foreign Legion (or what the name was).
    We'll probably get the Anaconda TAG.
    Regular remotes?
    Anything else?

6. chaos11

From the fliptrhough Bostria did of the booklet in the unboxing video, it looked like Brawlers, Wardrivers, Anaconda, Armand, Authorised Bounty Hunters maybe, and Helot Militia.

coleslaw and Abrilete like this.
  7. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

There are also the misterious "Grief Operators" and those "Monstrucker" things, whatever they are. We don't know if those new profiles are alien or human (I thought the Grief Operators could be Shasvastii, but I was wrong).

ev0k likes this.
  8. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

They also called it year of the Tohaa player.
    IMG_20190313_105817.png
    We only overlooked, that they didn't wrote if it whould be a good one.

Abrilete and SirTycho like this.
  9. chaos11

Meh. We're getting like 8/9 new profiles. It's a good year in my book.

10. Ben Kenobi

That's your point of view.
    Can see use of one profile atm, but we don't have all Infos yet.

11. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

For the love of all gods, stop ranting! At least in this thread, since it's supposed to focus on the positive aspects of the recent announcements and the release of the Spiral Corps.

We get it, you are upset and fear for our beloved Tohaa to be erased from play, but there's no reason to complain about the same thing in 3 or even 4 threads.
    Please spare at least this one with all the negativity.

I, for one, like the new miniatures as well as the concept of the Spiral Corps. I think they bring a lot more depth to Tohaa lore and who knows, maybe later releases will be available in vanilla as well.
    There is really no reason for rioting yet, especially since vanilla tohaa is a perfectly fine army as is.

Looking forward to seeing all the profile options of the new units. Depending on their loadouts and new rules, I can already see them replacing some of my staples.

12. Ben Kenobi

Wouldn't have answered today if there weren't wrong postings.
    And yes, you are right, I shouldn't post here.
    I will made a conspiracy thread for 2020+ when all Infos has been dropped, what could be the with the army release end of the month.
    But I can then demand the same behavior from all the "fan boys" (sry, that word is to harsh but I don't know what else I could write) to behave the same way.

13. Pakulkan

Ramah Taskforce is receiving (guess) 5 new troop types.
    Tunguska received 6 (7 with Kriza), that was a massive update.
    Spiral has 6 new troops just in the Army box.
    That's certainly positive, IMO.

Balseraph likes this.
  14. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

As I started with Infinity the Tohaa was the army I liked the most from the looks, almost. The only thing that killed it for me were the "mandatory" units. The visuals of the Makaul/Sakiel/Kamael simply wasn´t my taste.

That is the main reason I am really looking forward to the release of the whole Spiral thing. In the box there are 10 of 11 minis I like from the style (and look good on paper, too) so that´s quite a perfect point to start for me. The only thing that is anoying is that awesome Profiles like the Kotail/Sukuel and Nikoul are not longer produced, which really is a shame. But I either got the mini´s or will purchase them so not that big problem. If you only play Spiral you can always use the mini´s you like maybe as proxies (the Kotail will be almost perfect for the new infiltrator dude) or HVT´s. If you already have everything I see no reason to complain as you can still play your old minis and the new shiny things in vanilla Tohaa.

But I don´t think that it will be a 2 Player box with tohaa ( or even sygmaa) in it this year. Two boxes with more ore less the same army just don´t seem plausible to me. But what there mostly definitely will be is some additional blisters/unit boxes for Tohaa/Spiral for which I almost can´t wait to see.

Of course that is my completely subjective personal opinion but I am really excited.

Greetz Oni

#54 Oni, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  15. Ben Kenobi

There will be more profiles for Spiral, they will only not be exclusive to them. It's still a mercenary company

16. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

We have a saying in my country, which rhymes with 'buck up, mate'.

Bellyflop likes this.
  17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

What difference would it make if Spiral corps were not NA2 but under Tohaa (except no fluff sense whatsoever) but were exactly the same?

Tohaa faction got a lot of new units that create a plethora of new ways to play the game, a new sectorial (NA2, but still) to try different things to play and new players can simply proxy the discontinued models with the new models that will arrive.

It is in my opinion very much the year of the alien and for Shasvastii and Tohaa it is their year.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  18. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

You know, if there's another global campaign it might be fun to watch Tohaa and Twohaas fighting each other. Just saying.

oldGregg likes this.
  19. Pakulkan

StarCo is NA2 and it is truly Nomad, not only concerning units but also fluff.
    Is the button location for Spiral in the Army so important?

Balseraph and Nemo No Name like this.
  20. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've played alot of games with Tohaa with every single unit in the army. I'd be happy to discuss things with you if you need some assistance.

if we're talking about profiles it seems like this year will have the most Tohaa profiles released since the year they were originally released. That seems like a pretty good year to me.

Can I just say I'm really digging that Twohaa is being used as the term for them. :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation