1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[POLL] IA : Are we enjoying it

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, Jan 16, 2019.

?

Our long waited sectorial is...

1. Great

33 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Good

36 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. So-So

16 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Meh

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Not that fond about IA

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  6. Cheers for the vanilla!

14 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Being rude never works either but at least it let you blow off some steam, and once you're calm again you can just quitely enter this apathetic state where you don't care about it anymore and are just resolved to work with what you have at hand.

Being apathetic is kinda boring though. It lacks passion.

#81 Sedral, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Say that to the Gillet Jaunes. There's people legitimately upset that those people's tactics are what it took to get Macron to budge from his technocratic cruise control.
    Buuuut... let's not politics about any of the specifics.

3. Sedral

That's going beyond just "being rude" though. It's as if you were so upset about the guija and shang-jì that you and a bunch of like-minded people were willing to go to corvus belli's HQ with torchs and pitchforks to protest and show how upset you are every week-end until CB did something about it. I doubt anyone here would go that far for a game.

4. HouseOfKings

HouseOfKings Active Member

But I already bought my yellow vest and pitchfork, what am I gonna do with them now?

5. Sedral

Just wait a bit, you might soon be able to sell them to a Tohaa player and make a benefit in the process.

Azuset, inane.imp, Barrogh and 5 others like this.
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Well all I know is that I think it's fun so far. Vanilla is a lot easier to make lists for most missions but IA can be fun too. I need a bit more experience with it.

IA as a whole is good but not great. That's a good thing to me. I don't want to play something that's too powerful and wins all the time. It might be fun for a bit but then no one wants to play you. I have a friend that won't play Tohaa anymore just because they are too easy for him and no one he plays against likes to go up against them. For him they are an easy button if he wants to win more than have fun. He also doesn't want those he's playing to not have fun.

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Quit, and sell all my models to take money away from CB. Start up an organized anti-Infinity campaign to reduce the number of new players.

There are things a lot worse than being rude.

Azuset and jimbo slice like this.
  8. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

I think IA is currently in a pretty good spot. It is good, but quirky enough that it cannot be op. It works, but it is not extremely strong.

9. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

If you're in a relationship that you feel is abusive, isn't it better to leave, or stay and hope the other party somehow changes their ways?

10. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them? :smirk:

Also Worldwide Warcor FAQ v1.0 p. 62 (Q: When a Trooper with the NCO or Tactical Awareness skills is part of a Fireteam, must they already be the Team Leader when declaring the use of the Lieutenant Order or their Tactical Awareness Irregular Order? A: [ERRATA] Yes. The trooper must already be the Team Leader, and must remain the Team Leader during that Order) is especially worth opposing as is especially outrageous >_<

#90 Ariwch, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  11. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

That document is as officially valid as wet paper. .

12. Section9

That's funny, that's the exact opposite of what @ijw had ruled as soon as we got the full text of NCO and Tactical Awareness.

13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It wasn't played that way for the Australian satellite tournament that's for sure. They ruled it the opposite way.

14. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

I wonder if we're playing the same troop.

On last tournament I've played 2 of them + a yuan with a EVO hacker against OperationS, Mission was frostbyte

YuanYuan failed on PH14+3-3 and went out of the table, deployed next to a haidao sniper so it became a smoke combo provider

first Liuxing droped outside haking area over a palbot destined to support a dakini 5 man wit deva spit and shukra BS. forcing my jump to be covered by enemy silouetes grants at least to one member to go out of the fireteam or force autohits on their companions while shooting on the second order. The liuxing killed almost an entire Core fireteam.

Then o second turn, the other one (a hacker) jumped in the middle of a Rudras Haris, the danava was already dead by that point. He gained the Rudras back prone while move+shoot its BS, then he started BS template magic without risk. The rudra has to choose face with -6 against liuxing or do nothing (to be able to perform Alarm autofacing), the rest of the fireteam should do the same or break the fireteam. Most probable situation, autobreak fireteam to perform some dodges and autoface the rudra and eat 2 damage 14 BS on the face.

The result of 2 jump troops was my enemy to be unable get out of It's deployment until 3rd turn

Another example, during a casual game with a friend, I've ran out of options to take down a TR bot of the EC and a noctifer ML. I jumped directly over the TRbot, He choose to Shoot me in -3 range I've only received 1 wound, the TR ends up dead and with a couple of moves, I'm able to take down the noctifer on close range.

Liuxing can be gamechanging

My only fear with the liuxing right now are
    1. The enemy to survive the initial jump and move to a point that forces you to split burst you'll split it for sure because the second point
    2. Even If a stupid bot is somehow able to see you and engage you in CC and survive a BS in the face, you're probably as good as dead.
    I would have liked liuxing to have at least CC17... but well, it definitely had to have some weaknesses.

#94 Mc_Clane, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Azuset likes this.
  15. Sedral

Apparently not. Looks like you got Tony Stark while I'm stuck with some made-in-china War Machine bootleg.

In total I've failed 3 out of 5 Liu Xing drop, always with the supportware programm online and without any hacker interference. It doesn't matter, my liu xing just doesn't care about the odds. It makes me a bit sad because I want to love him but it looks like he just want to be remembered as the reason why most people opt for airborn infiltration instead of combat jump.

It is how it is :sob:

ObviousGray likes this.
  16. Section9

:facepalm:

You need new dice!

17. Sedral

@Section9 Nah my dices are fine, they crit like crazy (I'm actually renowned as a very lucky player in my area). However for some reason they seem to hate all my skirmishers/AD troops and sneaky stuff. Like i tried the zhencha BSG and AHD recently, and the guy just can't roll 2 dices under 18, i'll always have at least a 19 or a 20.

For know i blame it on the unpainted proxy, i'll see if the curse is still active once i have the legit model.

Azuset likes this.
  18. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Which in turn was weird because at least with TA being Team Leader was clearly a prerequisite, and appointing new team leader happens after link is activated.

They have labeled that bullet as "Errata", but in my opinion it wasn't one.

19. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Australian meta seems to have 0 interest in that document so I don't plan to use it.

20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

This way of playing should fall on its own absurdity. It makes it impossible to play with TA in Fireteams, in effect I can only conclude that the people with executive control of the FAQ has no interest in IA as a faction being playable.

Section9 and Ariwch like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation