1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing into Tunguska, Need advice!

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by madcore, May 27, 2019.

1. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

arms race
    When every game round here is either a linked mimetic HMG shooting at 16s or a linked fatality L2 piece, a lonely and very expensive hsien or a basic ass 13 BS HI dont cut it

madcore likes this.
  2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

If you go for comparison, its acceptable. Yet in general you can call Hsien or Su Jian a nasty shooter.. Frankly the two pieces you mentioned are in factions which needs them badly, and I don't think ISS needs such a bummer for now.

3. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

And @madcore , I do admire your enthusiasm and nice paintings(I saw it on FB :)). But try to adapt into your missions first.

Forum's a good place to get some advice, no doubt, still the fun lies in dissecting other units and implying your playstyle to real game.

You can't grab specially sharp edge upon ITS or so, since you'll be facing numerous opponents or missions purely by the day's work. That's my two cents; I dont wanna be a snobby nerd, but it felt like I had to tell you why I commented 'go and play'.

Cheers on your wins btw; good jobs done there

4. madcore

madcore Member

No arms done buddy, I understand your point completely and you are right. The only reason why I try to gather as much info as possible is because I have three kids and play time is limited. The knowledge helps me put up a good fight. .

You see in this case, learning about their hacking
    Possibilities helped me a lot. Also knowing they had super jump with HRL allowed for better positioning. This last bit of info was precious because sometimes ISS deployment feels a bit crowded. But like you mentioned, nothing replaces experience

I still have so much to learn about this game and that’s what make it really fun.

Cheers man and thanks for clarifying :)

ObviousGray likes this.
  5. madcore

madcore Member

I cannot say I agree with the shooting capabilities but you are right with the lack of tools. This being said, I find that it forces me to learn how to deal with all thoses things the hard way, making me learn a lot more. Of course I would love to have mines, more camo and stuff but that’s the nature of ISS...

Personally if I could ask one more thing to be addes to ISS is a bit more mid board deployment presence...

When I’ll want these I can have them in Vanilla I guess.

6. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

My thoughts exactly. I mean, you have Wu Mings, Su Jian, Rui Shi, Hsien... I think saying no one but the Garuda con shoot well in ISS is a bit of an overstatement. And as proper infiltrators go, Ninjas are probably some of the best. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, though. So this is just my point of view I guess.

7. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I'd argue this not to be the case though.

At least not in the traditional TO Infiltrator sense, as most other ''traditional'' TO Infiltrators ( So not Oniwabans or Saito, since those are rather niche Skirmishers, opposed to most. ) in the game outshine the Ninja in multiple ways:
    Order Sergeants in MO are cheap and full AVA.
    Dasyus are arguably the most durable ones thanks to NWI. Don't even want to mention Proxies.
    Clipsos are as cheap as it gets with TO Infiltrators.
    Malignos benefit from EI infowar gear, Dazer access and are one of the few cases where an argument can be made in favor of AutoMedikits.
    Tuaregs bring a shotgun on near every profile.
    Spektrs at least bring an actual gun. And get E/Maulers I do believe.
    Croc Men are the only TO Minelayers I know of and get that improved Suppressive Fire courtesy of X-Visors.

Now all that being said, Ninjas do have a handful of things going for them as well here:
    One of the three Silent BS Weapon and Stealth combos in the entire game ( Albeit being out-costed by the Hardcase and out-shot by the Dart. ). The only one of these TO Skirmishers that can stab worth a damn as well, and are bargain-grade cheap on the bow profiles.

Maybe not among the best, but certainly the most niche.

8. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Garuda and Dakini HMG
    Shooting at generic BS without imposing additional mods is not very satisfying

If only ISS had the Ninja FO profile... No mines would still hurt but at least you can place it in suppression or kill at a distance.

9. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Fixed that a tiny bit.

Section9 likes this.
  10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

With the smoke madtrap thing can't the Hollow Man link just delay their ARO due to SSL2?

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Sixth Sense L2 doesn't have a delay functionality, only Sixth Sense L1, does so it requires the Hsien activating inside Zone of Control to delay against it and the MadTrap trick is typically done at ranges of 16 to 32 inches.

Joametz likes this.
  12. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

The only way you are allowed to delay your ARO outside ZoC is against markers/Holo2. It's like @Mahtamori said: the moment the MadTrap is in LoS of the enemy trooper, they have to declare the ARO.

13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

A nasty trick then. Ideally you'd hide your team a bit in that case, and then try to go very much on the pure offensive.

14. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

15. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

mmmm tasty salt.

Remember Kids, Its always unfair when the "other guy" does it ;)

daszul likes this.
  16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

My feeling exactly every time my opponent does the whole "deployment" thing :(

daszul likes this.
  17. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you...
    :sunglasses:

daboarder likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation