1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Placing state markers & Counting actions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by precinctomega, Feb 6, 2018.

1. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

I'm looking ahead to the AGL and the possibility of being able to run small tournaments in my own dining room (saving lots of costs), but watching various actual play videos on YouTube, I notice some inconsistency of practice that I think it would be good to tidy up ahead of beginning tournament play that might involve visitors from outside my local meta.

1. Do you think state counters should go next to the miniature or on the character card?

I think on the card makes more sense, as counters can easily be confused when next to miniatures, but at the same time, it's easy to forget they are there when you're focused on the field rather than on the cards.

2. Do you count down from 5 actions to 0, or up from 0 actions to 5?

I think down from 5 makes more sense, but would like to hear if anyone has a different perspective.

3. Same question with movement points?

See above.

haddck kp. likes this.
  2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

1. Card. Always on card. They do not need to move around. At all.

2. Down. A 5 "point" stat reduced by 2 start from 3 and goes to 0, instead of starting from 3 and going up. It's more direct and intuitive.

volgo likes this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I agree and I always count down- actions and movement. I think it is more clear to your opponent.

4. eronth

eronth Active Member

Count down. Energy and movement is a resource you have. You can increase and decrease as you go, rather than counting the number you've used and remembering new maxes.

For states, I suggest placing on the card, and generally moving the card to be in front of you as you use the character. Helps remind you at least when you activate them.

5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

It's intended to use States tokens on character cards.

And... I think it's better counting down.

:wink:

precinctomega likes this.
  6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

precinctomega likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation