1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pheasant Sniper usefull against Ariadna?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Hero of Sparetime, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

So, you could use multiple Speculative fires? Or, as they have the same label, could you mix speculative fire, intuitive fire, and mmlx?

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You can't mix any of those because they don't have the BS Attack label. Just Attack. So everyone would have to do Spec fire, or everyone would have to do an intuitive attack.

Triangulated fire can mix into other BS Attacks because it has the correct label.

3. Triumph

If a repeater or camo hacker is in the way I think you send Lunah or the Pheasant to remove it.

ObviousGray likes this.
  4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

So I did use the Pheasant last night. And he was pretty good. The nice thing was that it was a enemy he was kinda meant for. Dakini. It was just a 3 man link. At first I didn't need MLX. It was out in the open and in good range. So just having the MSV L1 was helpful. It was a bit of risk because it was the HMG but it was my 3 to his 2 at negatives. Next was one was in cover. I decided what the hell, I want to try this, So I used the MLX vs a Dakini in cover with only a combi rifle. Pretty much blew it away. He was at -6 for range and Cover and I was at 21. I later lost Pheasant to a spitfire but I was pretty happy to it’s performance. Enough that I want to try it again.

Imperial Service
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    PHEASANT IMPERIAL AGENT (Multispectral Visor L1, Marksmanship LX) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    BÀO TROOP (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    BÀO TROOP (X Visor, Multispectral Visor L2) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
    ZHÀNYING Lieutenant (Sensor) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 26)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    KǍNRÈN Forward Observer Boarding Shotgun, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 26)
    DAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    DAKINI Tacbot Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    GARUDA Tacbot Boarding Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Hero of Sparetime likes this.
  5. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Wonder how an aggressive Haris will fare... I'm gonna try it soon enough...

6. BenMoss

BenMoss Well-Known Member

Camo tokens and co-ordinated orders are a bit of a mess. See this thread

Now, on re-reading that thread I was misremembering some of it but the principle still holds, you ideally want multiple camo tokens (dao fei or hac tao hmg being the optimal spearhead, snipers and missile launchers for the other tokens) or a sacrificial piece that cheaply poses a threat (e.g. the Husong you list above or a Lu Duan).

The Lu Duan in particular opens up some possibilities as you put two of the echoes in the open and one still hidden. That way you have the potential to totally nullify their shot back if you left the real one out of lof. Depends how much you enjoy shell games.

The key ruling is that you have to declare which camo token you are delaying against so they can't split burst and they're guessing which threat they are trying to counter before anyone fires. Plus you're getting unopposed shots from elsewhere.

Triumph likes this.
  7. Triumph

Ok, that move I like alot. I do indeed enjoy shell games. Just need to remember it can't spearhead if it wants to do that though.

EDIT: Actually I don't think the spearhead needs to be able to declare the shot.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation