1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition: Guijia, Raicho and Maghriba

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Mahtamori, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

@Section9
    Tbh I knew that back then Guided was very popular. I think a lot was said in that retrospective thread.
    I'm not sure if it's very useful today though.

2. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Tell that to my opponents. Guided done right is often one of the most efficient ways of dealing with hard tough opponents and to hit mod opponents. People that dont use guided are severly limiting their arsenal

3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Guided munitions are massively underrated in this forum and can be seriously effective. I don't bring my T-Drone or Smart RL Chaksa often, but they do work when I do. Plus they're damn cheap.

daboarder and itsuncertainwho like this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

My main leeriness on them is that Sat-lock is an integral part of using them, and if you sat-lock a mine you've wasted it. When CB gets their head straight about being able to use guided ammo on deployable equipment (and scenery structures) it'll be better.

5. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

A T-Drone with Assisted Fire and an FO to target gets very nasty, very fast. Even without an FO to Target, AP+DA+Shock ignoring cover is a hateful thing to do to an opponent.

6. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I've used Sat-Lock once or twice but I'm a big proponant of the E-Drone who gets added more into lists than other EVOs which makes Sat-Lock a bit better. Tbh though I'm pretty happy with just Surprise Shot FO to get them to go off. It's a handy tool but I won't structure my list around the model, you know?

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Theoretically, a Pathfinder-like REM would have fairly good chances of Forward Observing an enemy using Triangulated Fire. It does require your enemy to stick their heads out and for the REM to survive the ARO long enough so you can spend an Entire Order on doing it.

8. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Skirmisher FOs.

Run the numbers on surprise and non surprise FO as an attack. Youll be surprised how reliable and dominant that can be in the f2f, and thats before you get into the markers abillity to move-move out of lof

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  9. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Hunzakuts. WIP14 FO surprise attack with Camo. Have fun!

But yes, I have used GML to great effect even against tags (with their ECM). They are a very useful item in the arsenal even without SAT-Lock.

I personally think ECM should work against incoming missile/guided missile/hacking. All launchers and hacking programs basically. Its really tough imagining that a huge tag with integrated firewalls and electronic counter measures is just as easy to hack as a standard HI. Or at least give TAG's built in Firewall. Either way, ECM could do more. ECM really is not entirely that great. remove the +6? Okay...still hitting on 12...advanced I am hitting on 9's? I will still take those odds since your also not declaring any other ARO's and not shooting back.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation