1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PedroGZC galería / gallery

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by pedrogzc, Dec 19, 2017.

1. pedrogzc

pedrogzc Well-Known Member

I take note of all suggestions. I'll correct the hair and the paint in the border of the base. Also I have to add deeper shadows.

Definitely I have to be more concern about fig preparation to kill evil mold lines.

Thank!!!

Enviado desde mi SM-J330FN mediante Tapatalk

Silagast likes this.
  2. maru

maru Well-Known Member

no worry moldlines are nightmare for all painters even best ones - and i know storys about minis that was 80% done (a competicion lvl ) end a mold line show his ugly head .. so mini got cleaned to the metal in this part fixed and painted again from the scratch in this part . Soooo annoing ;) (im now siting with New Neema Satar and im tracking mold lines .. third time .. im finding new each time i make a brake :astonished: )

3. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ok i decide to post a mini i made in 2012 i think with gold NMM - it should be somwer this lvl of contrast hope it helps
    you can go for lower one but you ned to include reflection then :)
    DSC00140.JPG

pedrogzc and jherazob like this.
  4. pedrogzc

Lovely Sigvald, Maru!

My inspiration came from that same figure painted by Arsies Studio. I have mine awaiting paint, but I need to catch some courage to start him.

Thanks for the advices!

Enviado desde mi SM-J330FN mediante Tapatalk

5. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so where is this over Sized Dee Dee you have painted recently ??

6. pedrogzc

Well, she was painted last summer, but shooted and published as last entry of the year in my blog...

Prepare yourself for an absolutely evil line mold discovered once the english uniform basecoat was fully applied... even after of filing the shoulders protection in the back

[​IMG]

For this year I have proposed myself to be more vigilant with figure prepping and brushstroking :) ah and improving contrast to.

taylor, Silagast and jherazob like this.
  7. maru

maru Well-Known Member

no worry i recently finished a Deadpool mini and a detail on a leg turn out to be a mold line - ther is way to much detail some times to neat to details that this go badly - good idea is to hide mold line under a pattern or battle demage cracks you may pain on the armor, usualy works wonders - bigger problem is when it is on cloths - for small mold lines you may use pvc glue and cover it with this - usualy create a smouth structure masking mold line and you may pain over it and finish the mini - (do not use this tech on competition minis - good judges will figure out that something is not 100% right :P )

pedrogzc and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation