1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PbP RPG Round during/after Uprising?

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by Yasashii Fuyu, May 4, 2018.

1. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

As some of you know I run a Infinity Story/Battle Report Blog of my Yu Jing/JSA Units, and as part of "collecting cool fluff" I also kickstarted the Infinity RPG way back when.

Now I have here with me the Core Rulebook as a glorious source of Information, but no one in my area to actually play this cool looking RPG with...

By chance @stevenart74 brought to my attention that in this area here Play by Post RPG Groups for the Infinity RPG exist, and that I apparently barely missed the timing to jump onboard of his own one which is apparently set in a pre Operation Flamestrike Setting on Dawn.

Since I would really love to play a round of this RPG, and always need more cool "Background Story" for some of my Blogs (future) characters (especially now that the Uprising has happened), and I have an extensive background in Play by Post Forum Roleplaying (heck...I meet my wife in one :-P) I now seriously crave the chance to play in a (or more) round(s), preferably in a during/post Uprising time setting so I can eventually "import" the character into my Blog's Storyline in some way shape or form (and be that as a post mortum message on a wall should he die :-P) .

I am currently reading the rules (shouldn't take me too long I hope) and already have some hopefully interesting character ideas in mind....but what I'm missing....is a Game Master and some players to play alongside me (how many players almost doesn't matter, I'm up for anything really..).

I used to be the Game Master in many RPG rounds until now, but frankly with work and my kids and my Blog and whatnot...I simply don't have the time ressources to GM a full blown PbP Forum RPG round, it'd take too much time of my schedule. I should however easily have enough time to participate as a normal player...so that's what I was hoping I could somehow organize here.

For the most part it isn't as important to me what the exact setting would be (be that in the jungles of Dawn, on Earth, in Svalarheima, or wherever..) , it's more about the "during/after Uprising" setting that'd matter the most for me, as this seriously tickles my interest.

I am from Austria (Europe) if the timezone matters, but since most PbP RPGs I've known over time tend to boil down to 1-2 posts per player per day, that usually ended up not as important.

So yeah....there you have it.....Player searching for a GM and other players to play a PbP RPG Round in a "During/after Uprising" Setting ;-P

For those of you interested, here's a Link to my Blog: https://thegentlewinter.com/

inane.imp likes this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I’d be up for participating in a second PBP campaign.

But I’d probably recommend staying clear of the Uprising fluff until the end of this year’s events. CB has indicated that ‘everything is connected’ so you risk the ground shifting beneath your feet. The alternative is you situate it somewhere not directly affected by the Uprising events.

Once the Nomad sourcebook drops and after I’ve gotten my hand back into RPGing (it’s been years since I last did, and I’ve never really GM’d much), I’d seriously consider GMing a ‘Vaudeville noir’ campaign for some private dicks on the mean streets of Bakunin.

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  3. Yasashii Fuyu

Hmmm I dunno, the Uprising itself took like 6 Months of "in game time", I think that's plenty of time for an "adventure" or two to happen in "safe space" where the outcome is already determined from an official fluff point of view. And as you said, if we pick an area that's not directly connected to the Uprising itself, yet somehow maybe affects it or gives an interesting point of view or whatever, it might be future proof enough for the time being.

And from what I could take from the Uprising Book, Japan for example is currently in a "booming economic phase" after the uprising, which I reckon would be the perfect setting for some adventuring to happen, with all them secret projects going on, corporate espionage, promises demanded to be keept or secretly broken and whatnot. I think the Uprising time frame would make for a very dynamic and exciting framework to be in, there's many parties interested in what's going on in the area, Yu Jing potentially on the hunt, and so on. And I highly doubt that brutal mayor events like "Alien invasion" or "Mass Murder" would happen within the next months after the Uprising in these areas, would kinda make it pointless....

Another idea could for example be the areas currently described in the ITS Event, the Kuraimori underwater tunnel systems and stuff......espionage, infiltration, maybe military operations, trade, whatever, almost every setting would be possible there :-)

stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  4. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Well, now that I have a JSA army, I'd really enjoy playing a JSA character (Ryuken 9, if possible [I promise I won't do a Major Kusanagi rip-off])

So let me know if and when, I'd love to paricipate.

stevenart74 likes this.
  5. Yasashii Fuyu

@Danger Rose I'd love to have you along for the ride.

Cool to hear you have JSA as well now btw. Will you be participating as JSA in the next online campaign? If so, that'd be awesome! :-P

We still need a Game Master to get things rolling (which is usually very hard to find sadly...) so I don't know how/when things will get rolling.

Do you know of anyone who could GM for this and would be interested? Maybe I could try to contact that person.

stevenart74 likes this.
  6. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm still in the process of assembling and painting, and I really want to do these minis justice, so I won't have them ready in time for this Campaign.

Concerning a GM, the only one I know apart from @AdmiralJCJF, @stevenart74, and @Solodice, doesn't frequent these Forums often and has his plate full with his girlfriend's Exalted group, unfortunately.

stevenart74 likes this.
  7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I'd love to step up to the plate, with a little Miss 3 and little Miss 1 running around now and soon to be joined by little Mr in June I have negative free time.

Hope you can find someone suitable.

8. Yasashii Fuyu

I feel with you there, my son is 4 and my daughter 1, which is also the reason why I simply don't have the time to actually GM this myself *sigh* Getting older sucks :-P

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation