1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pack it up boys and girls, Invincible Army isn't next

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by HouseOfKings, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Your strawman is about as moldy as it gets.
    You can use them as proxies within reason. The zianshi as keisotsu, will be a-ok. If you try to use your keisotsu as umbra samaritians, it will not be.
    Your common sense, just use it.

A Mão Esquerda, Abrilete and sarf like this.
  2. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Just one small detail... you knew several weeks in advance that JSA was splitting from Yu-Jing, only recently the announcement was made official and the Army updated.

Flipswitch and Telcontar like this.
  3. Abrilete

If the Tournament Organizer allows it, and you are using CB models to represent CB profiles that are consistent within the rules, and your proxies doesn't lead to misundertandings... yes, you can.

But I'm afraid that Ultramarines is not an Infinity Faction.

4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Are we going to have the same argument each time profiles get updated?

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So i need permission. And what if i already got Zanshi, and everything else i want on Yu Jing (as it's my case and probably I'm not alone)? Can i or can't use them as Steel Phalanx?

Also, love how all of you CB apologetics and proxy fans ignore the hobby/fluffy side of things, where a lot of us like to play each unit with the miniature that actually represents it, almost as if we bought the miniature because we liked both mini and unit... but no, CB definitely didn't invalidate my purchases, because CB can't do no wrong.

Last thing, all this backlash never generated because we can't no longer use JSA minis on YJ, it generated because CB fucked Yu Jing players (more or less, depends on your point of view, but it's obvious YJ players were hurt by this) and ONLY YJ players and not only they didn't bother to offer an explanation or reasurement, they actually and literally laughed at our face. So it's not so much the gaming decision that pissed people off but the godsmacking awful PR and marketing shitstorm

Hecaton likes this.
  6. armazingerz

armazingerz Well-Known Member

It ain't about a few weeks, they took the decision a long time ago (almost one year), but they kept selling us stuff despite of they knew we wouldn't be able to use it. Shikami release feels particularly upsetting

Hecaton likes this.
  7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Eh.... no?

8. Abrilete

Maybe literally doesn't mean what you think.

I can agree with that, I just only pointed that you were wrong saying "without any previous communication".

Telcontar likes this.
  9. Abrilete

Between the first news we got regarding the split and the update to the Army tool, several weeks passed.
    So yes, people knew in advance.

grampyseer and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. armazingerz

Infinity ain't about proxing. This whole hobby ain't about proxing. If you want to proxy you don't need to buy anything at all.

If you want to proxy you can write "Hsien HMG" or "Zanshi FO" on a piece of paper. And you don't need to spend a night making your board. And days building your scenography. And weeks painting your army. Proxing is the very last and undesirable solution. It is like saying some airsoft player "you can play Counter Strike"

11. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

You always need a permission, you know)) If you came to gaming table after a week-long hiking trip without shower, you stink and no one would play with you. Same here, if you respect other guys, it`s ok, if you`re not why should they? They don`t ought you anything too))

Also, such toxicity in one post. I`m not surprised anymore that you constantly question idea of other players not playing with you and how to force them.
    Bostria admitted that Shikami in paricular was a mistake.

And for company decisions, I`m sure Intel already have plans when they discontinue Core i7-6820 CPU. Could you please tell me when it would be? You`re telling that these decisions are matter of public information.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Given that proxying is a requirement for many army lists, that's a bit of a strange statement to make.

P-Chan, chromedog, Flipswitch and 3 others like this.
  13. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Yeah, I'm confused too.

I thought it was you can proxy them as any models.
    Then it's: you can proxy them if your opponent is ok with it.
    Then it's: you can proxy them if the event organiser is ok with it (and opponents too, presumably).
    Then: no you can't proxy them as anything, don't be silly!

It's confusing and frustrating, and honestly dumb. Yes, proxying is a nice stop gap, but people bought models for a reason: at least some part of that reason was to use them as those profiles on the table.

Now, it is illegal (within the game) to play, for example, a Domaru Spitfire in vanilla Yu Jing as such. I wouldn't be able to take it to an ITS event like I used to be able to; and to use it as such casually I now need permission to do so, because it's literally breaking the rules of the game.

And why are the rules important? Because they provide the framework of trust and compatibility. You can rock up to basically any other player and say, "Hey, want to play some Infinity?" and they'll have (assuming they're not brand new) have a reasonable idea of what restrictions an army has available, and they'll also generally be taking it on faith that someone will play within those rules. Because without permission to break them (such as using an actual Domaru in YJ now) then you start to break down all of the rules (Well, I'm just going to move this guy further; or I think this guy should have MSV3; etc).

Proxying was always the way to field profiles that didn't have an appropriate model. Either you maintain that and proxies have a limited application (which curtails the utility of random JSA models for a YJ player); or you open the floodgates, and my Domaru can now be Saladin.

Hecaton and Aldo like this.
  14. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Technically a conversion is not a proxy. So it is possible to hold his position.

15. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Bostria's videos...

So I can go around using my Aleph army as proxys for Ariadna and PanO and YJ? Heck, I won't buy any more CB's minis, 30 are more than enough!

I would look closely at all numbers. Taken out of context, they can say whatever you want them to. Like justifying the removal of Merovingia and Caledonia, the segregation of Aleph and SP, the independency of Neoterra from PanO (lol, the capital says "f*ck you!!!!" to the rest of the faction), Onyx gets to be its own faction, and Tohaa is doing better than anyone! (disregarding, of course, how every other faction should add the sectorials for it to be a real comparison).
    Oh, and Acontecimiento explodes, since not even a quarter of PanO players use them XD

16. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Well conversion requires effort put and some love to game, proxying not.

Personally, I don`t see using alternative models as base of conversions as proxying. I know it`s against guidelines, just more fun way to build and paint.

Agree. I think numbers in this case could back design team idea or contradict it. Some ideas will be worse then others because of numbers but a lot can be backed.

xagroth likes this.
  17. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Infinity could work fine without proxies if convenient conversions were possible, but since bits are not in the business model I find myself buying several boxes and blisters to swap parts between them to satisfy my wysiwyg OCD... Which is fine in some cases, but in others if I didn't find other solutions I'd be left with a bunch of mooks with no guns and a bunch of guns those mooks can't use...

18. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So my Intel is gonna stop working the day Intel decides to? No, i dont think so

19. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

At least CB doesn`t sell 10 troopers box with 2 specific guns and unit is built with 6 of these guns. Fortunately futuristic setting allows to use different looking weapons of same profile. I`m making my own Chain Rifles, done ML and HMG too.

Analogies are not your strong sight, I see. You shouldn`t be ashamed of it, just please be a little less loud in yours misunderstandings.

#419 sarf, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  20. armazingerz

No, it's completely accurate . If Infinity would be looking for proxing, then CB wouldn't release minis and we wouldn't ask for the unreleased profiles. But that is not the case, is not Infinity purpose ,none of us wanna proxy
    As I said is the very last and undesirable solution. And if you have no choice you may have to proxy a combi as a shotgun, or even a Ghulam as a Halqa, but it is ridiculous to use an aragoto as a su Jian

Hecaton, Triumph and sarf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation