1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our role in this campaign?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by VicBanjo, Jun 18, 2018.

1. VicBanjo

VicBanjo Máster of Kaboom

Hellos fellow lovers of hummus and shawarmas. I'd like to ask to the more experienced and aware players what will be our role in this campaign. It's my first campaign and i'd like to make a competent job in it. Thank you.

2. Durian Khaar

Durian Khaar It's clubbering time...
    Warcor

Some Veteran Players of the last two Campaigns already agreed on forming the Haqqislam High Command (HHC) quite fast after the start of the campaign.
    Afterwards the HHC will try and coordinate actions like: Defend certain points in the campaign, or launch an attack in a given timeframe.

First contact will be established via the Warconsole (provided by Beasts of War) but we will expand to other Communication Channels (like the Forums) aswell.
    Just to be clear: You do not have to follow the HHC. HHC only tries to maximize our results by coordinating our resources, and it has worked very well in the past. Also: Everyone can be included in the HHC. Veterans will only start by building a structure.
    Additionally, HHC will probably take on the job of reporting directly to CB, if it is asked for (like it was in Wotan)

What can you do to do a good job in this campaign?

- Write nice battle reports, maybe with a story or just be an entertaining narrator
    - Document your battles with some pictures
    - Make some extra content. You have a great Idea for some Propaganda Pics in favour of the Search of Knowledge? Show them. Be creative!
    - Be an overall nice person. We are all looking for fun in this game, so spread the joy ;)

Have fun in the campaign :)

#2 Durian Khaar, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    dvdmouton, Cabaray, Drak and 2 others like this.
  3. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

4. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Well isn't that timely lol

5. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Limited Insertion, eh? Not a format that really favors us. Should be an interesting challenge.

6. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Back from another long trip and feeling like getting a good set of games in ... I see this and well, now I really want to get some games in! Any idea when we'll be putting the High Council and Swords of the Prophet together?

7. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Also, a very interesting challenge on the political level.

Who should we support in this time of turmoil (because we do have to support someone, can't fight against everybody)?
    Nomads are our traditional allies in the Oberhaus, and Ariadnans are as likely (besides, this is Dawn, after all). I guess we should rather not step on their toes.
    Yu Jing got recently weakened by the JSA rebellion. JSA is now a weak faction strategically, and in a very perilious situation.
    The Aleph doesn't seem to have been involved.
    The PanO is, apparently, strenghtened by the Uprising (relatively. Their major rival, YJ, became weaker, which is as good as getting stronger yourself).

xagroth likes this.
  8. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

At this time we just don't have enough information to go off of. We know we have a position on the island, but what Haqqislams goals are in this is still uncertain. I am sure by this weekend we will have a much stronger idea.

Durian Khaar and oldGregg like this.
  9. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

I'm all in for supporting Ariadna, JSA and Nomads.
    Main goal - don't let PanOceania, YuJing or aliens take control of the island.

As for our limited insertion scenario - we always have our Captain Islam and some really cool HI/MI. That shouldn't be that bad.

Cabaray likes this.
  10. Drak

Drak Member

Never discuss tactics here, enemy is listening. be patient fellow commanders, forum will be open soon. Then we will vote our high command and the give us orders what to do.

And remember... Q in Haqqislam stays for quality of our reports :)

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Where multiaccount will lead to filtrations anyway... I prefer the "if you need to keep it secret from the enemy, you need to rethink what you are trying" when the Internet is involved, and no manual assigning of accesses is involved.

P-Chan likes this.
  12. Drak

Drak Member

sure... but from the self-ethical point of view this is still open forum which everyone can read. but if anybody uses multiaccount to spy on other factions during the campaign, its about his conscience and ethics. if he feels good about it, good for him. the more so these campaigns are more for fun than for a win at all cost (at least for me), so these practices seems pointless to me.

xagroth likes this.
  13. Durian Khaar

Warcor

Which is the reason, why Haqqislam will neither employ nor endorse such tactics.
    Regardless if some players or factions might think Multiaccounts is a feasable tactic, we will stand true to our ethos and hope other players will chose the same honorable way of gaming.

Danger Rose and Drak like this.
  14. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I know that Ariadnan HQ is already in place. The old guard from Wotan. So if HHC is interested in some diplomacy, give us a call.

15. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Yeah, the faction with Fidays would never infiltrate the enemy with false identities;)

Barrogh, Sojourne, Drak and 1 other person like this.
  16. Durian Khaar

Warcor

Let us differentiate between Player Tactics and Army Tactics ;)
    Making a Fake Account is way to easy compared with a real inflitration.

17. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Haqqislam has no need to employ such duplicitous tactics. We will continue on our own search for Knowledge, and make the discoveries within our own right. If other factions wish to employ underhanded tactics, then that is on their own soul. We will be sure to guard against this possibility though even if we do not employ it. The Old Man on the Mountain will look most unkindly on those who try this against us.

At this time we have 2 of the 3 commanders from the last campaign ready to step in until the new HHC is up and going. Some tentative plans are in place, and once we have a campaign forum I believe this information will be dispersed rapidly. I do hope the forums open slightly before the campaign goes live.

Myomer likes this.
  18. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

I will try this time to contribute in this campaign, but if fancy battle reports count most, it wont be much, because I wont find the time to make them. Nonetheless, I will be eager please High Command on a tactical level.

Myomer likes this.
  19. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Agreed. I’m willing to put some effort into the reports and will try my best to further the quest for knowledge. If some foolish swine try to waylay us, I shall be like the hand of Allah, and sweep them aside!

Myomer likes this.
  20. scarab

scarab Member

Can someone give me a high level overview of what an online campaign entails? It sounds fun, but I don't understand what we're really DOING for it - which may just be a lack of reading comprehension on my part :)

I get that each faction has a special mission, and that writing up battle reports is important? But generally, do matches we play have to be part of an organized event or do friendly games at my FLGS count if I record them? Do only the missions they gave us count? Where do we report results? What does it mean to make alliances?

Sorry for all the questions - I've never done one of these before, and I'm just trying to understand generally how this thing works.

oldGregg and ambisinister like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation