1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our New Hero

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, Apr 6, 2019.

1. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Maybe you should try something new, like MO for example!

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

They hace the Juana's Core, so it's an idea!

Another one is to go Aleph, and play a Yadu Core. Those are HI in all but name!

There are tons of reasons... leaving aside they are not, in fact, in a warzone (in Paradiso, I totally agree with you), heavy armor is kinda like a sub, while going around in unpowered armor is kinda like a dolphin.
    The weird guys are the Daofei & Hac Tao, frigging subs going around looking like sardines!!! XD

3. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I realized the other day, that you can do a unhackable Aleph list with a HI fire team! O_o

And with Dart you even get a unhackable Daofei on top of it! XD

Ten Thousand Arrows and xagroth like this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Valid point. That is pretty much why Zuyong armor sucks compared to Wu Ming suits, after all.

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

You could do Ramah for nice unhackable HI links too

Ten Thousand Arrows likes this.
  6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yup. Also Haqq with Jammers.

Savnock likes this.
  7. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

Trying to slide things back to the topic at hand. ​

Did anyone bring up the fact that we don't know what a Yu Jing "man" portable multi HMG actually looks like? As far as I can tell the old dossier only had the body and missle launchers, as this was before it laid out the designs of possible weapons. In game a HMG guy could have an interesting mechanic by being the only guy in the base game to have a multi weapon. Because the ariadnan stabs things, the nomad probably just has a combi and a hacking device, and the pan-o lady has either a rifle or 2 smg's. This could give some depth to "just the guy who shoots stuff," by giving him the gimmick of the right round for the right job, so there may be a chance that the Yu-jing big guy has some neat options when it comes to how he wants to red paste some CA.

Back before the IA starter, I know more then one player here that wanted to go YJ JUST to get their hands on the Yan Huo mini, even after almost everyone else go their thiccboi HI. They're a pretty popular sculpt, so why not make a character one for this?

My two cents on the HI woes and hopefully a ray of light. We don't know how close defiance is going to stick to the core infinity ruleset, as there may be more granularity in the game meaning that the big stompy HI is going to feel more big and stompy. Armor values might have a wider variable then just +1 arm or their move being better for said armor variable. How do abilities work? If there's going to be cards or the like chances are the guy towering over everyone else is going to fill a tank role. And when he shows up in TT I'm hoping for a Yan Huo +1. I think the Yan Huo does suffer from being an early take on the S5 HI before they started the trend of the S5 and finding ways to make them feel bigger in game. (Because they do look pretty cool)

8. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

S6 Yan Huo because everyone else's HI is inferior :P

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

M-HMGs look just like the standard one, just bigger. See all the M-HMG TAGs.

10. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Screenshot_20190620-195742_Chrome.jpg

Just in case, gents.

Usashi, Forté, Space Ranger and 3 others like this.
  11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Thanks for reposting it for discourse.

I note the head is a bit large for a Yan Huo and that it's not a normal HMG. Combined with "fully compatible with Infinity" we may have another Zuyong hero incoming.

12. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

The legs are definitely Yan Huo rather than Zuyong, in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if his infinity profile is completely it's own thing and he has his own special links or *crosses fingers* wildcard.

Savnock and Forté like this.
  13. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

The legs seem to match this Mowang design. Especially going by the feet. download-1.jpeg

14. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I'm down for a Mowang character.

At least in that case they have a valid excuse to make him expensive, since the Mowang was already a 50+ point hunk of gorgeousness.

15. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think if you look at his left shoulder pad you can see the horns of the Mowang symbol but then it would be upside down :thinking_face:

upload_2019-6-20_10-43-4.png

16. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I think that's just shadow.

emperor26 likes this.
  17. MicroWarp

MicroWarp Well-Known Member

He looks too small to be either Mowang or Yan Huo, I'm guessing S2 prototype heavy infantry armour with new man-portable multi-hmg. Finally cutting edge Yu Jing stuff! Character with his own stats in Infinity.

We know YJ can produce S2 high end HI stuff (Hac Tao). Rip out the TO camo gear, it's super expensive anyway, revise the armour profile now there' no need for stealth, all the weight and space saved goes on mounting a new mini multi-HMG and ammo hopper. Useful for boarding ops and fireteam support. Issue priority to trusted YJ operative assigned to Defiance. Human Sphere, you're welcome!

#97 MicroWarp, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    krossaks, SKOZZOKONZ and Space Ranger like this.
  18. emperor26

emperor26 Imperial Agent

His armor is probably tailored for the mission. While legs are from the Yan Huo pattern, his left arm, including the shoulderpad, seem to be from the Hac Tao armor. The brestplate is new, and it looks like a miniaturized version of Mowang brestplate.

Forté likes this.
  19. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

But they couldn't provide him with a helmet ... budget restriction you know ... ;D

20. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

How would you know he is the leader otherwise?!
    Proper leaders need no helmets. Plus bullets are too afraid of him to get anywhere near his head anyways. :p

Tibooper likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation