1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSS Tactica-Now with more N4!

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by yoink101, Aug 18, 2019.

1. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

Added some nonsense about fireteams.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Two additional thoughts about fireteams.
    Duos can be an interesting place to link in a wildcard. A CSU/Deva duo is useful on it's own and also being able to reinforce a Dakini core easily. Or a Sforza as Parvati/Parvati Duo to move up the field more easily.

Haris options are extremely versatile as well for us due to the strength of our wildcards. The Yadu HRL, while not getting the NCO of the HMG, does save you 8 points and is a great way to close the gap so that more midrange units (Rudra or Deva Spitfire for example) can do work.

#22 DukeofEarl, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    yoink101 and RolandTHTG like this.
  3. Narnor

Narnor New Member

Thank you! Just starting to assemble my ColdFront OSS troops, after having played TAK for a while!
    (going from low tech big brother, to high tech big brother)
    This is golden!

Golem2God and yoink101 like this.
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@yoink101
    I know this is a couple of months since the last post but I wanted to voice my agreement with Narnor above comment. I'm currently on the fence about jumping into Aleph & OSSS and this thread is causing me to lean over the edge and buy them. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort into producing all this info. I appreciate the hard work of people who do that. Has there been anymore new information to add to the guide? Such as your own experiences with the sectorial?

yoink101 likes this.
  5. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I haven’t played OSS much since the summer. They are a lot of fun, although I usually found that a Dakini fireteam as a defensive base, with a little hacking support and some post humans made up the core of every list.

my biggest struggles centered around the fact that hacking is much stronger and OSS is vulnerable to it and has very little to defend against it except for bringing more hackers. The Danavas and Asura are still two of the strongest hackers in the game, and the fact that you can give the Asura a firewall with an EVO bot is no joke. She can level just about any hacker, although Interventor a and Knights of Justice can still stand up for a minute. Burst three oblivion out of the Danavas can crack bts 9 with a couple of orders spent. Although getting the repeater where it needs to be can still take some effort.

RolandTHTG, Angry Clown and Golem2God like this.
  6. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

I've been teaching a newish player for a while, who plays OSS. They currently have Posthumans on order and will likely run them for the first time soon. I want to make sure I understand their rules before then so I can help them to learn. I think I understand the G:Jumper rule, but there was something on Army that I did not quite get.

"It is allowed to take only 1 Proxy per model."

What does this mean? My interpretation is that you cannot run multiple profiles off a single mini, but that should be self evident. Does it mean you cannot have, say, two Mk.1 Proxies at once?

7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

All Posthuman proxies have AVA 1 so you cannot have a second one.

Golem2God and Elric of Grans like this.
  8. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Yes, you can only have 1 of each mark when you field your 2-3 bodies for a posthuman. The common combination is a Mk1, a Mk2, than either the Mk4 HRL or Mk5 FO as your single posthuman.

Golem2God and Elric of Grans like this.
  9. FelipeMor

FelipeMor Well-Known Member

And don't forget that, being a single unit, you can deploy your posthumans as your last trooper! Yes, all of them at once, and, if they bring yudbots (i usually field my Mk1 with them), you can put 5 bodies as your last troop! ;)

10. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Classic Reserve drops: avatar+speculo and marut+posthumans.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation