1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Order Sergeants vs Securitae

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Firellon, Aug 26, 2018.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I don't understand how a Multi Sniper Rifle is always 1.5 SWC minimum if a Feuerbach can be 1 SWC.

The best argument that I ever heard for the SWC minimum on the Multi Sniper was the high value placed on full-burst DA ammunition, especially for a weapon which can easily and often be put into a Fireteam.

Which makes sense.

But now think about Securitate for a moment.

Just think about it.

I'll give you as long as you need.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

The MSR 1.5 SWC minimum only makes sense if you give the sniper a benefit in the form of Mines as well.

Otherwise, it's dumb and needs to be fixed.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was not happy when the Keisotsu were changed to 1.5SWC for the MSR and I think 1SWC for the ML.

When they first came out, the Keisotsu were 0.5SWC for every weapon that cost SWC. You could put 6x heavy weapons into a 150pt 'squad' (well, OK, 5x heavy weapons and a hacker)!

@ijw should probably bring this up to CB sometime soon, because it's obvious that B2 or B3 DA rounds isn't an issue. Feuerbachs in link teams!

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Keisotsu MULTI Snipers were 1.5SWC from the N2 book onwards, which I think is when they were introduced.

As far as Feuerbach vs MULTI Sniper SWC goes, my assumption is that it's higher for the MSR due to having 32" of positive range band (16-48") instead of 16" (16-32").

5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So B2 EXP shot (comparing to a "weak" DA B2 shot from MSR) is totally ok, and costs nothing ?

6. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Imo MSR sucks for that sole reason.

My assumption is that 1.5 SWC made sense ages ago, and it just stayed like that forever.

I don't think I ever played on a table where MSR's range band could really dominate anything.

7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Check Interplanetario tables.

I've few games (in local community) when some tables could be dominated by a well placed TO MSR or TO ML.

There was especially one game where my JSA opponent gave me a sniper tower in DZ, and then struggled heavily against Hexa MSR (not kiling her in the end, and wasting a lot of orders going prone&etc).

8. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Really it isn't probably that you find a table where the large range of the MSR make the difference, but sometimes you have that spot and it is a pleasure. I played a few months back in a table wich have that spot. Both played were shocked when we made the meassure and saw that even the MSR was out of range. Yes, it was from one corner to the other, but there was a death line. At the start of the game, later someone came to a building in the centar and shooted my snipper from the spitfire range. So, even you have this magical spot most of the time, except you play in a plain terrain, you can't explode it properly.

Return to the main theme... I don't think could be easy to make a comparation between two troops into differents armys because they are interns settings, wich, I want to believe, have a big influence in the final cost of a unit, but it is true that some profiles begins to be old compared with the new ones. And for the OS maybe is that what is happenning.

9. ijw

I don't understand, could you explain?

10. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

I think he was seeking clarification of your opinion that it is the range bands of the Feuerbach prompting the SWC cost, not the damage output potential (in a link B2 EXP for 6 hits is comparable to B3 DA damage-wise, and B3 AP+DA is strictly better).

Urobros likes this.
  11. ijw

It's not my opinion, it's an assumption, and was specifically worded as such. :-( And I still don't understand the stuff about things being OK and costing nothing.

12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I was refering to a fact that if MSR gets 1.5 SWC cost because it's superior (to Feubarach) rangebands, then what about the ARO potential of both weapons where Feubarach has advantage over MSR with using of DA+AP/EXP over "only" DA mode of MSR.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  13. ijw

Which is presumably why the Feuerbach costs a point more, even though it's got objectively worse range bands. Also, due to the lower Damage of the Feuerbach, the AP component doesn't give an advantage over the MSR until the target has ARM4 or higher.

EDIT - and it's not a 'fact', it's purely my assumption of the reasoning behind the different SWC values. I'm not trying to start some big argument, I'm just providing a possible background.

Nemo No Name and eciu like this.
  14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Keisotsu were actually in the game from the beginning, my copy of N1 has them with 0.5SWC for all the weapons that cost SWC. Then N2 made all models with multisniper 1.5SWC.

ijw likes this.
  15. ijw

Thanks. My copy of N1 is a few hundred miles away.

16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

MSRs are extremely good (outranging HMGs is v stronk) so a cost of 1.5 SWC across the board seems reasonable to me.

17. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Combi-rifle also outranges an HMG.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation