1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orctober + Movember: Fall releases

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Cheers, I’ll have a look at the Zenit store. Hope their postage rates are decent else I’m waiting until next year, lol.

A ccg or spaceships game could be interesting. Would give us a more in depth look at the ship designs of the Infinity universe.

2. archon

archon Well-Known Member

In my Meta we usualy play with (very nice and painted) secenery pieces and yes if they are consoles and antennas present - we use different pieces. Only in the rare case of small turnaments you can see boring markers on the table, only because we have not enough scenery ... wich will change since somebody buy the CB pack ;-)

I for myself use the antenocites lamps for antennas ;-) I also have some plastcraft ITS scenic items, MAF consoles etc.

Errhile likes this.
  3. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Wizzy That is a nice looking Metal Gear waiting to be converted.

Gwynbleidd and sololobo like this.
  5. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

That brueckenkopf review is my experience, too. I'm almost done mine (waiting on a mispacked part), and the experience was trying. Mold lines in impossible to get places, detail that didn't cast correctly, extra plastic everywhere, parts that were slightly warped and didn't fit flush, etc. If it was metal, I'd be able to file and sand it all, no problem. But I could not even get the plastic to sand down! It's a bit of a mess.

It's strange because I have some alpha series bases and they're cast perfectly. I barely had to do anything to them.

It's too bad because I really want to like Siocast, but it's exponentially more work to work with.

burlesford and Golem2God like this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I so far only got one Siocast product from CB and it turned out well with no flaws. If I purchase another one in the future I'll see there is significant miscasting on it.

7. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Oof, some really rough images in that review, even after cleanup attempts. Some serious damage to detail, too.

Such a shame if this is the future of Infinity. CB desperately wants to be the Rackham of 2020s I guess.

8. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

I have to say that all the Siocast items I have purchased from CB have been perfectly fine, with no issues, and sometimes easier to build/clean up than their metal counterparts.

Absolutely no problem with Siocast

chromedog and Golem2God like this.
  9. Jumara

Jumara Well-Known Member

The review material was provided to brueckenkopf by Corvus Belli. (So we can assume this issue is not extremly rare and it was not selected for faults)

Its not great that there are clearly some issues with the production//quality checks of some Sio Cast Models. I hope CB is working on improving that.

10. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

At the rate those issues come up from others and from the models that passed through my hands, you either have a very high tolerance for those issues that would be unacceptable to many of us or you're not recognizing them at all.

I've yet to hold in my hands a single pristine CB Siocast model. A single one. And I've quite a few from other companies, so I have no idea what the problem is but CB definitely has one. Too stuck in the old ways maybe?

11. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I've only gotten one so far (Marut) but it was fine. I think the problems tend to run in groups where a certain figure might just have a lot of issues while a different sku has few. So probably design limitations/ problems.

12. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Zeta special edition and FuzzBots here. Zero problem on both...

burlesford and Golem2God like this.
  13. PappaChu

PappaChu Well-Known Member

Just got my chernobog, gave it a look over paying special attention to the areas shown above, mine doesn’t appear to have any issues
    Sure, there’s a bit of cleanup that it’ll need, but no more than with metal (slightly less, actually)

I’ve got the marut and bear as well, also do not appear to have issue

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

15. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Review by Ash from GmG.

GMG Reviews - ITS Objectives - Pack Alpha by Corvus Belli

16. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Zero issues with my Chernobog, Bulltrak or the little shotgun bots that come with fiddler. Super easy to clean and put together.

Golem2God and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation