1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the Uprising

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by TheEmptyRoad, May 3, 2018.

1. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

As a member of high command in both campaigns, and the Liason for the first campaign who actually had to deal with the system, I agree with the sentiment, but I don't think it's possible to get a workable system given the personnel bottlenecks and technical limitations that will be in place.

In Flamestrike the system stagnated because the time for the decelerations was the same weekend as a large con(either adepticon or gencon, I can't remember offhand) which a few faction liaisons were attending, leaving the rest of us hanging. Then when everyone was available someone (who I wouldn't name even if i knew for sure) caused a further delay by trying to declare more allegiances than we were told (one faction in one zone only) which meant everything had to be redeclared. In the end nobody really benefited, Yujing got shafted, and the fluff completely ignores the fact that we came to the tohaa's aid. The end result being we all ignored PanO and they won.

In Wotan, while the allegiances were little more than gentleman's agreements, they were poorly defined, entirely unrecognised, and only really served to screw over YuJing again, meaning we were the only faction that actually gave PanO a fight, temporarily taking a zone, but with the rating system favouring numeric advantage we couldn't hold it in the end PanO won again, and the fluff all but ignored the players input in the politics...

Cabaray, Hecaton and Robock like this.
  2. Skeld1980

Skeld1980 New Member

According to Bostria the whole campaign will be done in 4 weeks! I doubt I’ll get more than one game in.

3. cazboab

Where did he say that?

4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I'm informed that it has come up in conversation at a couple of the Conventions this year.

5. cazboab

So the context is unavailable to work out if that means the campaign will last 4 weeks or if it'll be starting in 4 weeks or if it'll be split into 4 weeks instead of the 3 2/3 week phases of wotan...

Personally I'd be quite happy for all 3 of those to be true.

6. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Explicitly that the campaign will be 4 weeks long.

But, yeah, it might start in 4 weeks too (which would be less now... actually I don't think that's true).

Grain of salt as always, but the question and answer were clear enough.

7. Skeld1980

Skeld1980 New Member

Episode 23 of the White Noise podcast

8. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

4 weeks!? I want to know when so I can clean out my Schedule. Worst case scenario they do it when I am either out of the country or busy prepping for my new comedy show.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

9. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Link?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation