1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, time for positivity: what does yu-jing do well?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by csjarrat, Mar 24, 2018.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

@the huanglong you have two characters, you would rather lose Sun Tze?

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

If you were to ask me a thousand times, the answer would be yes. Marksman leader is straight up terrible, and 60 point models are a sometimes food, where as 20 point models are in staple territory. I've used Xi Zhaung more since he came out last year than I have used Su Tze since I got him in 2014.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Apart from that being something that's going to be different for every player (I see Sun Tze frequently but Xi Zhaung almost never), Sun Tze is a Recreation and therefore incredibly unlikely to be a suspect.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

I'm curious why you guys are saying the Hac Tao is a good CC option. I thought TO didn't apply in CC?

5. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

So, did they have to pull a character? They didn't pull any characters from say, NA2 or Tohaa, did they? It was mandatory under the rules that they arbitrarily set for the circumstances is a weak argument.

6. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

No, but Surprise Attack does and that -6 can make the Hac Tao ok against weaker opposition.

7. Fyeya

Can the Daofei not do suprise attack? I thought camo tokens got it too. :P

8. AdmiralJCJF

Sure, but the CC difference between them is enough to make it a bad choice even more of the time.

9. Fyeya

Ah ok.

Just some of the mods people were posting confused me (-12) and the like.

10. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Hell be back faster than the others IMO, the evidence against him will be bad and the iss will have evidence to back him up so he will get out of his hearing pretty much Scott free.

11. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Pretty sure everyone is banned for the remainder of season.
    Do you have different information?

As for CB's pick... I really did not expect that. Rumors were that pulled characters are those supposed to receive a rework, and instead of downright terrible MMS Sun they are picking this guy because "lore".

Honestly, I was always convinced that lore should stay the hell away from gameplay, and people telling me that "this is how CB does things" won't make me like it.

BenMoss and the huanglong like this.
  12. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

well the characters are out "until further notice" and like PS said taking sun2 would have meant taking sun 1 as well. And since its at least partially a story driven event I am reckoning they picked the only yu jing character that made sense.

Pretty simple and easy way for CB not to stomp yu jing in the guts again, Xi goes in as ordered, testifies with evidence from the ISS backing him up, is exonerated and cleared of wrong doing and released back to playable. So further notice could be Monday or whatever.

13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'd rather have lost Yuriko.

JSA is considered part of Yu Jing for this event, remember?

the huanglong likes this.
  14. psychoticstorm

I am afraid all JSA characters are already out of Yu Jing for this to happen, unless you mean both factions should have lost a character, that is another discussion.

15. Mahtamori

No, Helllois wrote on the Spanish forums that JSA were considered to be part of Yu Jing for the purposes of the event. Unless google really, really, failed at translating that fairly simple message.

Edit: he wrote it in English:
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/its-challenge.1346/page-4#post-40143

the huanglong likes this.
  16. AdmiralJCJF

The guy running the ITS narrative stuff @HellLois has confirmed on Facebook that they are NOT gone for the rest of the season.

They are also NOT getting profile changes or updates.

There WILL be some kind of bonus added for them when they do come back, as part of the next "stage" of the Season 9 narrative.

17. psychoticstorm

I am sorry I did not know this information.

Edit the ban is for a couple of months.

18. AdmiralJCJF

It's all good mate.

I don't think it was clear to any of us, which is why @HellLois wanted to clear it up.

19. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Well if you charge an enemy model from his line of vision, with a Hac Tao camo to you apply -6 from surprise attack, but they can aro with shot or CC. If they shot you they get -6 surprise attack + the normal to -6 effect. If the enemy has a shotgun this combo become gold.

Pd: losing Xi Zhuang isn't fun ( for me is a must on SI and even on vanilla) but ofc they will come back and are only banned from ofical events ( i won't playing Xi Zhuang). My only fear was this porfile change some said, veacuse Xi is on the edge of the optimal cost/utility and for sure a change should mean nerf...). But if there aren't changes no problem.

20. Mahtamori

Xi has optimal abilities for his points cost, but his points cost is still in the awkard spot of being too expensive for order mook and too inexpensive for rambo, so I'd say for models in the 20's optimization is extra important. Add to that he's completely designed for supporting a specific type of fireteam, his utility is significantly lower as a stand-alone model and his optimization is also dependent on how well that Fireteam performs - said Fireteam is unusually expensive order-mook team with possibility to throw in unusually expensive multi-purpose HI.

He's as optimized as you can get, but without something being done to also optimize Cranes and normal Celestial Guards, he's not going anywhere near the OP or even great spectrum of profiles. (And the only way to make him more optimized and push the link team to greatness is to give him a profile with Deflector B Tinbot)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation