1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Correct.

2. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Some of this is fixable, for example the stuff on the tire can be cut carefully with a scalpel (I'll show a similar example with the penitent torso below). But it is a finicky, slow process that can easily go wrong and the result is always a bit imperfect. Siocast is overall a pain to clean, with the inability to use files.

CB's practice to replace bad casts is great, and they are surely very experienced with mold making, so I'm really starting to think there's some natural limitation to the material or the machines about how consistent the quality can be. And if the rate of failure is too big, QC will get overwhelmed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Daireann and Cadwallon like this.
  3. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Yes, it's fixable, I could fix the whole thing if I wanted. Adding some green/whitestuff mix and sanding/sculpting the details back and fixing up the whole thing. But here's the deal, I didn't pay them to have a messed up piece on par with GW Finecast that I then have to fix to make it into a reasonable model.

CB has good customer service, about the same as every other miniature manufacturer. I've gotten replacements for bad parts from GW, tiny boutique historical companies, Warlord, etc. It's not special, it's expected. GW was probably the easiest of all of them so far to be honest.

Lesh', Camo Token and Modock like this.
  4. Camo Token

Camo Token Well-Known Member

Yeah, GW never refused to send me a missing part of an item because I didn't keep one of the several random paper slips from the package. CB on the other hand...

5. UpirLihi

Yep, understandable. I myself am really not enjoying working with the penitent and this has affected my decision about some other siocast models, I regret to say. My comment was purely about the technical side of working with this material.

6. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

CB will replace the part even without the slip. They'll even do it for OOP models.

chromedog likes this.
  7. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

I have a model that never got a replacement bit because I didn't have the slip. I think I just ended up buying another one because arguing was more of a pain. Maybe I can dig it out and get a replacement, unless I threw it away.

8. Cthulhu363

Odd. I bought a Gorgos 2nd hand with two right legs and no slip. I sent them an email anyway and they replaced it, no question asked. Sorry that happened to you.

9. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Well, the body of the Road Bot isn't a lot better. A lot of mold slippage, fuzzy details on one side, just kind of poor. Overall really disappointed with the model. So far over the course of 4 different Siocast models I really have to rate it at a 4/10. New Ayyar plastic stuff, 8.5/10. Nearly perfect though I think metal or HIPS are nicer.

EDIT: Added the legs, somehow it just keeps getting worse...revised 3/10

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1229 AmPm, May 11, 2023
    Last edited: May 11, 2023
    Abrilete, PhDeezNutz, Zewrath and 4 others like this.
  10. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

shit, this looks terrible even with my low standards.

11. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

That realy looks alarmingly bad. I feel very sorry for you, that´s truely annoying. Compared to the Siocast-minis I got it´s hard to imagine its the same product... there should not be such a difference in quality.

burlesford likes this.
  12. Camo Token

It... it looks worse than any GW Finecast I've seen. That's an achievement, for sure.

13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I have worked with GW metals that were worse than this, you have either been blessed in what Finecast you have gotten or are exaggerating.

@AmPm please send these to mispack, thanks.

14. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Already done, and Mispack has been great, however it's still something that should be public. I'm now waiting for 50% of the unit to arrive. Frustrating for a $40 box and it being trash.

15. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

When you think that Corvus Belli is supposed to be top of the market, it's scary to buy other brands of miniatures or kickstarter oneshot based on siocast.

16. Camo Token

Hold on... so, you're saying that "there were GW metals worse than this" - which is a non-sequitur, we're talking about "resin" here. Also, a curious defense of a low quality product, isn't it? "Eating at this restaurant might give you diarrhea, but eating at that other one will also give you parasites"? Great, and... ?

How about "cooking" product that doesn't give people eye diarrhea first and then trying your hand at casting the stone? :D

And then you say "if you think this is worse than any Finecast you've ever seen, then you've clearly been blessed with some great Finecast!"... Wait... what again?

Maybe the point needs to be hammered home for you?

This "quality" of casting is unacceptable both on this individual case basis, as well as the general risk of getting delivered a model that should've been tossed in the bin and have to deal with the hassle of asking and waiting for replacements - which also have a high chance of being no better than this.

There is literally no excuse for sending this F-tier quality product to a customer. No "it's a rare faulty cast that just slipped through our QC" excuse, there's way too many cases like that for this to be a rare accident. No "just send it back and it will be replaced", we do not owe CB our time and effort, it's CB who owe us undiminished quality of products. Not even "it'd cost the company money to chuck it in the bin" because Siocast can be literally ground down into pellets and reused, it was one of the selling points of the technology.

Somebody at the CB warehouse is severely slacking in their product control - or product control is simply set up for those kinds of issues to be slipping past and it's so bad that QC could just as well not be happening at all.

CB has to get a grip on their QC and stop pissing loyal customers off with this crap. What's so hard to get?

Lesh' and burlesford like this.
  17. Camo Token

It's even more hilarious that other companies somehow manage to produce high quality Siocast miniaturees and not send F-tier garbage to their customers in hope they won't mind the rampant mold slips and degraded detail, crumbling edges and air bubbles on par with Finecast.

18. Cthulhu363

Random bolded words won't get your point across and neither will being rude. But i guess this is the guy who's handled more Vostoks than anyone else alive right?

19. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Woah there. Did you make your willpower roll for discover? You can’t declare who he is otherwise. For all you know he could be a mine. Unless you’ve got MSV3 then it’s a moot point…

20. UpirLihi

Yes, the legs are definitely something that I'd ask for a replacement for.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation