1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Nice info gathering.
    Unfortunately the links are a bit asocial as they ask me to be part of their "community" to see the content :/

UpirLihi likes this.
  2. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Curious. Is this "This is the final pieces. We finally desided to split head from the body" on 6:15 a false advertising?

UPD. Contacted Mispack. The head thing is considered normal, first batches will have attached head.
    They'll send a replacement though if it looks bad.

#542 Lucian, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  3. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

PVC, Megalodron quality

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Won't be anywhere close to the Megalodron quality. When I praised them for it, Koni said it was the gem in the eye of one of the sculptors, who has spent ungodly hours on making it turn out the best possible way - that's why it's so good.

PVC normal quality is Aristeia soft plastic quality, it's shit.

5. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I want to add some fix in this plan.
    1. Release plastic overpowered model
    2. Wait a few months untill everyone gets it
    3. Look at lots of people proxying it by something else.

nazroth, Barrogh and Pierzasty like this.
  6. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

I just ordered another Lunokhod off eBay to convert a second metal Vostok, because I prefer mine to the plastic so far.

nazroth and Abrilete like this.
  7. Billy

Billy Member

Having just received my Vostock - this is my back-up plan if any replacement parts I get also aren't up to my standards.

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That's because it is acetone, just a lower concentration of it diluted by stuff like lanolin.

9. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

I held up to my word and tested sciocast myself. Got a box, tried out new Vostok miniature, went through all the procedure for a review, including pics of prep etc. Got so disappointed throughout the process that I decided to just move on. Anything else would be a waste of time really. I do believe CB's decision to be final, I hate it, but also am powerless to do anything about it. Anything except spend my dough on something else of course, which I did (going on a GW shopping spree and hating myself after).

As a side note, I sold the Vostok two days after it got here to a friend who wanted to cut it down for pieces. Will not purchase this material again. Good I had these done years back with separable weapon mounts.

[​IMG]

I hope this didn't come out as overly negative. CB made their choice, sadly it begun with my beloved army. It is what it is. I know there's plenty of people happy about the change and I root for them to stay hyped.

Daireann, Modock, Pierzasty and 5 others like this.
  10. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The only true negative thing in your post that I can't understand is that:

;)
    I'll wait for my Shakush 'cause I think it will be the first SioCast in Haqq and see that material myself. And then. Maybe some ASOIAF shopping spree? :P ;)

PozdRawiam / GReetings

nazroth likes this.
  11. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

How the hell could it break in shipping? It's in a separate box in a plastic tray.
    That siocast is really disappointing...
    [​IMG]

Daireann and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  12. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Cute. In premium product like ITS pack to make it even better. Hope this thermoplastic backfires so much that CB is gonna discard this shit asap.

Pierzasty and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

Is that from the premium priced ITS pack? These small dudes are Shitcast as well? :o

Cue fanbois with "just pin it and glue it together, big deal!". Also, so much for "only REMs and larger models in Siocast".

FFS, CB. Do you really want to be Rackham 2.0?

Daireann likes this.
  14. Nuada Airgetlam

Also, just look at Vanguard Miniatures and what they can do with a good resin cast. They're not a huge company, ffs. The sculpt is as challenging as anything for Infinity. I'd much rather pay for quality resin like this than this crap.

The price of this thing? 13.3 GBP. Come on, CB, get a grip.

[ this is scaled for 6mm, the 40k flyer is from Aeronautica, the Vanguard model is 90x50x20mm, the details are insane ]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#554 Nuada Airgetlam, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  15. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Maybe CB reached where Rule of Cool loses to Rule of Engineering. So far all the breaks are in tiny zones that unite different big blocks (and latelly, with lots of spikes and protuding zones that can grab into each other or the foam). So cast big parts by themselves (or joined by sprue that is discarded, see airship just posted by Nuanda), and learn to use fillets and other reinforcement methods (just like as in real world) instead of creating "Easy Open" zones (and ones that work!). Bonus: in this case, going with separate weapon that plugs into the wheel part (or maybe go with double hole, so pinning with metal stick is easier, you get a starter hole) would allow for different poses.

Check the splits, if it breaks, it breaks from the sprue, not in the useful part, they know what they are doing. Wow (/s), multiple weapon options in the same kit.
    And yes, we already know CB is not pricing accordingly to resin, and less so than other Siocast, products. *shrug* Maybe they want to follow the car companies path, sell less but with huge margins (they cry about chips, but hush about results). 13.30 is less than 16 euros, similar to Achilles v2 or Krakot. That airship is 90 mm long without nose gun (50 and 20 in the other dimensions, the red soldier is a 6mm), not huge but pretty much TAGish range (5 blocks, 19 total parts).

Side note: discovered that the shop does not let you click in the last page (1 ... 14 15 16 .... 33, all work except 33).

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  16. Muad'dib

Muad'dib Well-Known Member

I am actually a bit concerned by the fact that CB seems to be behind the learning curve on plastic part design. Most of the defects we see are fairly easy to fix with proper mold design, but it looks like the models (and molds) are being designed following metal molding rules. Its one thing to have production issues with a new material, but QC should never have let these defects through.

17. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Yeah, the connection between wheel and gun seems to be a weak point. I've tried bending the second one a bit, it snapped right off in the same place.

18. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

It is quite odd that CB seem to be behind everyone else on how plastic part design works, it should be obvious to them by now where potential stress points on the miniature could be. This new thermoplastic seems to be a major issue for them, perhaps they should have practiced and trained on the new equipment before rolling it out into their current productions.

Moving forwards they should have their quality and control team taking a stern look at the products before they’re mass produced and sent out.

19. Nuada Airgetlam

Yeah, I can't fathom how they can be that bad at it if they have full support of the guys who invented the bloody thing. And the technology itself is not bad, examples abound of well done miniatures in Siocast. Somehow CB is botching the design and process really badly.

They said something in early reveal materials about "being able to use metal spincasting moulds with Siocast" as a great feature of the technology, I would blame that on the issues they're having. At least they have those moulds, so maybe they can switch back to metal if need be?

Or they had the moulds already made and are trying to make best use of them they can and maybe when they start making moulds specifically for Siocast they will stop having issues?

One can only hope either way. I'm really worried about the Bearpode that it will be the make or break of Siocast in Infinity.

Daireann and Gwynbleidd like this.
  20. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

I envy you. I lost that level of optimism years ago.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation