1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oblivion

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Triumph, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Hohohoho so now the correct approach in active is Oblivion the KHD with a good HD, disable the hacking device and THEN get your KHD to Trinity them when they can only Reset back!

THEGRAAK likes this.
  2. Scarecrow88

Scarecrow88 Member

Reset is -9 while Isolated too.

3. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

still, I prefeer to go trinity in active against the same dude. 3 vs1 FTF with a +3WIP (and a -3 if it is surprise atack against non 6th sense hacker) to me instead of 2 vs 1 FTF are still better odds. But isolating in active have a meaning now

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Depends what you're attacking. Unless you're Mary Problems with AP Trinity trying to hit linked HI Hackers that have native BTS6 or higher and firewalls backing them you're basically doing the hacking equivalent of attacking them with a basic pistol. You'll quite possibly win the F2F rolls but actually sticking wounds gets difficult when they're passing BTS saves on 6+.

Willen likes this.
  5. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I know, I was just pointing that sending someone to oblivion a hacker so later a KHD tries trinity, usually will be a waste of orders. Go directly trinity and send him to inconscious.

of course there are situations and situations. If a hacker is too tough to kill it easilly will trinity, then the option is to isolate it, of course, but then, sending a KHD to finish the work seems pointless to me. Just ignore it and don't give him free reset-aro

Mahtamori likes this.
  6. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Yeah, true... or just shot him in the face. We have a wide variance of BTS/Tinbot combinations where one or the other would be more effective.

Triumph made my point thou, on high BTS hackers it would be better to hit them with DAM16 B2 AP than a B3 DAM 13 shot... compare this to an ARM6 trooper that you are trying to hit with a Combi or with a AP Sniper. It is simple and clear in the shooting, it is simple and clear here as well.

7. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Not going to lie, I think this is a terrible decision. But we'll see how this pans out. I hope I am wrong.

8. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

T_T why should I even bother using carbonite then....

9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I'm waiting to see what ITS12 brings. ITS11 has heavy emphasis on murdering shit to either directly score or facilitate scoring which places an emphasis on high value shooter units. I've been told ITS12 is swinging back the other way towards pressing buttons, if that's the case keeping your TAG/HI fully operational (or alternatively using lots of orders shutting them down) becomes less important.

10. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

you use carbonite when the next step is to move around the corner to shoot them. some models are still quite dangerous when isolated. and so it would be easier to just kill them.

11. SpectralOwl

The Reset penalty stacks, Carbonite+Oblivion puts the full -12 MOD on a target and has the same effects as an E/M shot. Not to mention Carbonite is the program that actually stops the target shooting you, so it will still be handy when facing TR bots and the like.

12. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Iso immune targets, like anything Morat. and an Iso'd unit can still be a threat, better to brick it completely.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  13. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Once Iso'd it will fall out of which ever fireteam it was in making susceptible to Surprise and possibly removing the tinbot firewall making trinity much easier.
    Iso can be repaired which is very likely given the amount of wildcard engineers running around there is probably one nearby to what you just iso'd to remove the state so following up with a trinity or any other attack to put it in the dirt so you dont have to think about it ever again, they could also reset which leaves things in a similar place.
    While order efficency is desirable it isn't the be all and end all quite often the less efficient play is the optimal one. Hitting a target with Oblivion then following up with Trinity is more order intense but it is safer as you engage with minimal risk (whuich can be done by a piece thats hiding out on a roof in your DZ), vs stepping around a corner with a shotgun to fight a linked hacker an trying to shoot it which is more order efficient but is at a significantly higher risk to you.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation