1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O-12 in N4

Discussion in 'O-12' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. DeepThought

DeepThought Well-Known Member

Sorry, must have gotten my terms for sectorial and faction crossed.

As for my preference, I'm not sure, as O-12 hasn't been around long enough for me to say one way or another. In another post I actually mentioned a way in which both factions could have more depth and variety if they had made a little more of an effort to explore their potential for conflict. However once again, CB has not yet done that. This shorts 2 existing factions. Whether that is better resolved by pitting those factions in an in-depth conflict, or consolidating them into one faction with O-12 as the bureaucracy, and Aleph as its muscle and servant is open to input.

What do you think should be done with the two Factions?

2. DeepThought

DeepThought Well-Known Member

I'm posting this here and in the Aleph N4 forum as they seem keenly linked:

I think its safe to say O-12 and Aleph are deeply linked, but that there is also room for them to be in conflict, and if I didn't make it clear in my previous posts, I'm not saying O-12 needs to be reduced to a sectorial! Just because it could 'solve some problems' doesn't make it by necessity the right idea, or the direction CB "Should take things".
    I forget not everyone operates from the perspective that O-12 is a faction whose spotlight was eclipsed by an outbreak and with it, a real-world push toward globalism that has been far more aggressive and seditious.
    In a sense recent events illustrate the dark side of what O-12 could be if CB gives them one as they have habitually done with all their other factions: How 12 paths aimed toward globalism has limitless potential for graft, deception, and grabs for personal power. This would very-well justify making it a faction for the others to have conflicts with.

However near as I can tell, CB has so far stuck solely to O-12's intended purpose, which does rather befit a sectorial over a faction. However there is probably good reason CB hasn't done more development along those lines yet: They don't want to alienate their base with a topic that has been heavily polarized by recent events. I'm referring of course, to the pandemic. In all likelihood, they would have probably put the whole faction's appearance off if they'd seen it coming. I know that's certainly how I would feel if I were in their shoes.

#82 DeepThought, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation