1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novvy Cimmeria Convention #IPLAYFAIR

Discussion in 'OOC' started by AdmiralJCJF, Jun 22, 2018.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

The Nomads had the largest player base in Wotan.

And I would expect that Ariadna will be pushing up further too, with the campaign being on Dawn.

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

I was attempting to provide constructive criticism IE a suggestion that would improve things, given that browbeating other players over the things mentioned has been a constant, and that wasn't included. You've chosen not to take the suggestion on board, well that's your call.

The part I really do take issue with is that any of these boards are exclusive to one faction or another.
    First off, I play two factions regularly so I pay attention to the Ariadna and Pano boards here, go figure.
    Second, this is a public forum, anything posted here invites commentary from the whole community.

3. AdmiralJCJF

If you don't see any issue with how people have been acting in "other people's" forums recently then I don't think I can explain it to you.

4. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Everyone is and should be welcome to comment on the PanO subforum, regardless of if they do play the faction or not and how often.

making people feel unwelcome based on what faction they are perceived to play is ridiculous

5. AdmiralJCJF

It's not about anyone being welcome, or not.

But something seriously has to change about the way people are communicating on here, and a lot of it is coming out of people being dicks about other factions (no matter if they play them or not).

6. daboarder

Warcor

Admiral, its not just Caz thats had an issue of was taken aback by your response. Teslarod at least also took issue with your posts.
    Think about what you are typing and consider their opinion on behaviour of posters right now.

Barrogh and meikyoushisui like this.
  7. AdmiralJCJF

Yeah, I still stand by what I have said here.

The seagulling has to stop.

8. cazboab

Anything that you don't think should be going on on the forum should be reported to the admins, just like I said about anything that happens in the campaign. If they allow it to continue maybe it's not actually a problem.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  9. AdmiralJCJF

We both know that the particular moderation style used on this forum is less than effective in dealing with this kind of behaviour.

10. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Signed the petition.

Also adding, for myself, the following:
    “I pledge to actually play some games and submit battle reports this time around, instead of letting my shitty work schedule dictate my hobby life.”

11. cazboab

If you mean the outward appearance has been more lenient than you or I would have been if we were moderators here then I can't really disagree, but since neither of us are moderators here, when we see something, we can only report it to those who are, shouting people down just make us wrong too.Which leads me back to the original point, and I'm trying to phrase this kindly, but what's actually wrong with not attacking other people because you disagree with their posts or play style?

12. AdmiralJCJF

As I've said, you should feel free to do whatever you want.

And you certainly shouldn't assume that I, or anyone else, criticises things without also reporting them (vain 'though that might be).

But if you think that simply adding more and more people to "ignore" without saying anything is going to make this forum better then I disagree.

I'm beyond sick and tired of people diving into the faction forums to shit on positive things which those little communities try to do (especially here, but it's happening a lot in the other faction forums too) and I'm going to be calling it out every time it happens.

Because if the moderation expectation is that we will deal with poor behaviour by exerting social pressure on people to change, then we actually have to do that if anything is ever going to change.

13. daboarder

Warcor

@psychoticstorm i think it need to be restated that no one have the exclusive right to own a forum or post in it.

14. cazboab

I don't use the ignore function at all, I find it counterproductive at best and childish and passive aggressive at worst. I generally prefer to converse with people to possibly learn something, thought I admit that does result in me beating my head against a wall a lot...

I have never seen any of the mods here state that we should use social pressure, that's pretty much the worst idea I've ever heard on here, and it'll result in an incredibly toxic environment.

15. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Oh boy just saw the posts in wgc ... people are already being disgusting about the campaign .

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  16. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Agreed, this belongs in that Kurage subforum.

17. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

When is WGC not a cesspit? Its not even CB specific, every single game community there is just a bunch of very angry people, getting very hateful and using anonymity of the internet as an excuse for disgusting behavior. Its like the little kids that play COD found an out of game place to release tension and practice insults.

18. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

I have to say, the vows were very well chosen apparently...

I can see there is this entry....

"- Downvoting good quality Battle Report"

But I can't see

"- Upvoting bad quality Battle Report"

Which according to my local PanO General is exactly what a certain someone has asked his fellow commanders to do "to prevent other evil factions from downvoting us"......

Well played I guess....well played.....*shakes his head and walks away*

Hecaton likes this.
  19. AdmiralJCJF

That's certainly not what I said.

But if that's how he's understood it then I'll have to clarify.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll go post on the Warconsole now.

Yasashii Fuyu likes this.
  20. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

If it was a misunderstanding I'm glad to hear it will be clarified, cause I specifically asked him "Na you must have misunderstood something, I bet he said "Try to vote on our reports" not "Try to upvote our reports", but he insisted it said up vote and even claimed people said stuff like "Don't worry I'm on it, already voted 10 stars.." ....granted though, English is neither his nor my native language, so maybe the message was misunderstood....

Just out of curiosity though, has any cases of deliberate down-voting already been spotted O.o? I'd find that shocking to be honest.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation