1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noone discussing NCA upcoming changes ?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by eciu, Feb 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Aquila getting HMG Lt (and Lt2 on both options) would be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

barakiel likes this.
  2. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Well, if we're wishlisting, the basic Bolt should be 20 points, the Drop Bear profile should be 21 points, Paramedic 22, Missile Launcher 24 (quite why she pays 4 points for a LSG where even other Bolts only pay 3...). This alone would make the area-denial CQB link 8-10 points cheaper and far more palatable, especially with the previously updated Machinist.
    Auxilia with alternate loadouts: Hacker + repeater Auxbot, Feuerbach + TinBot E etc. though I'd take the BS12 boost that they should already have.
    Uhlan with a HSG instead of a HMG would be most welcome too.

3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

No.

The Drop Bear profile should be the "basic" profile. It was supposed to be the signature item for the unit. 20pts, done.

injenegr likes this.
  4. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

I expect something like that as well. That's why I absolutely don't care about the update to be honest. :expressionless:

5. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

It's just CB playing catch-up, it isn't anything to get excited over imo. As someone who owns 90 percent of the PanO line and could feasibly play any of their sectorials – my chances of playing NCA are going to go from the current near 0% to maybe 10%. Theres just so much other, more interesting PanO to be excited about

injenegr likes this.
  6. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

Yeah, no one get too excited or we'll end up like the Morat players.

Death and colbrook like this.
  7. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

I play NCA all the time, but we already had our important rules updates: Aida, Deva Assault Hacker and new CSU profiles. The only things that would change my mind are Wildcard for Aquila (which will never happen), CoC on Bolts and the integration of Black Friars into Fusilier Linkteams.

But in regards to the expected stuff: no thank you.

inane.imp likes this.
  8. MikeTheScrivener

one could argue that our MO update already made us the Morat players

I absolutely agree with you – they added a new element to NCA. Mixed links would simply just replace our current links with no new elements, just bigger numbers.

eciu likes this.
  9. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

Do we have any idea when will see those changes?
    I'm just beginning with NCA (I'm an Acon and MO player), so I'm very curious about all this.

10. MikeTheScrivener

my guess would be around the release of the next book. so maybe this march or maybe a little after during Gencon

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Hush, you! Don't give CB any ideas!!!:laughing:

It would be really good if Bolts got their prices fixed.

It'd be even better if CB made price changes across the board when they change the formula!

Need to be careful with that, though. TA can be a 'no-brainer' choice.

Stiopa likes this.
  12. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Swiss guard gets full auto lvl 2

13. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Hey, everybody loves bikers, right? It's the best thing!

They'll lose the TO, and they'll lose HMG profile but they'll be only bikers with Missile Launcher!!!!

theradrussian and Deltervees like this.
  14. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

It'll take a lot to redeem Bolts. I get that some people love them, but I've also never seen them win anything. Tac Awareness with an SWC cost attached to it is also a big drawback in NCA, who loves their SWC and tends to use all of it. As an example... Deva Assault Hacker is amazing... But frequently don't use her because I can't bring myself to part with that .5 SWC. A Bolt team that costs an extra 1-2 SWC, but generates an extra 2-4 corresponding Orders, would be interesting. And even then, I'd probably still be happier taking 5 Fusiliers and a Swiss Guard instead.

Speaking of which... Noone touch the Swiss Guard. Can't improve upon perfection.

15. Nemo No Name

Tactical Awareness on Combi + Light Shotgun Bolt! No SWC cost, but also no Drop Bears or anything else! :D

emperorsaistone likes this.
  16. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

In the seminar, they said that the changes would happen in March.

17. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'd like to see either a bolt or auxilia based biker or some sort of police force bike. Maybe with a multi pistol. No particular reason beyond I think it would be cool. *lawbringer intesifies*

18. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

After how MO turned out I have considered praying, but that might actually be exactly what went wrong for those guys...

With the marvelous new Deva AHD and the recent additions to CSU Profiles I was rather happy with NCA for now. However if we're mildly optimistic:
    - Orcs could get a place in other Links (hey there AVA5 Fusiliers, always wanted a spare member for you guys)
    - Bolts drop by 2 points for Combi+LSG (as seen on Aragoto KHD) and another 2 for Drop Bears (as seen on anyone with Drop Bears other than Bolts)
    - some actual competition for the Fusilier Lt (and better Bolts to make it viable)
    - actual Skills on PanO troops NCO Swiss MR, Tac Sense Aquila, Counter Intelligence Hexas
    - a second weapon loadout for Auxbots in NCA (probably not the GDA one but surprise me CB)
    - another chance to do something about that god awful Blackfriar MSR
    - most important, NCA TAG support. A second Uhlan Profile/repricing of double main armaments. NCA only Squalo Profile that is as great as the Varuna version would also be hype.

And a little realism
    Who are we kidding - Rodoks still pay full price for Combi+LSG, Bolts might get the proper pricing for Drop Bears, but are probably as terrible as ever unless we consider a full rework, drastic Profile additions or the new fix for everything mixed Links (my money is on the last one).

19. Nemo No Name

Then I'm sure you'll enjoy the rework of Swiss Guard as a Missile Launcher Bike unit with no visual mods! :D

Guardian and Judge Dredd like this.
  20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Does PanO has to suffer for the transgressions CB did against Aleph in form of Yadus ?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation