1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomads in N4

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

I've been messing around with the idea of a WC core for highly classified and counter measures (may it die in the season change) as it gives you a great package that can cover nearly all of the cards in the deck (FO being the only one they don't have), with access to smoke cover, increased staying power from the doc and a half decent gunner for the point.

2. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

I came up with the following list based around a Wildcat Core.

KwBgTAPgzCIQEgUwE6IAQGkCWAXHBPTXA6AUgBZyRSBGYATgA5SBCKCq2gNhHbY+p16AdlbtKghvTEDu4VjXGhu5PjRodmNLpxbrNK6no2UtOo2C4Uu7bTtIABKLeD7gwYX2mUrYemDBWQNVpIUCWYA5A7RpmPQooLQ9pBwcgA==

I think it could do quite well in a lot of missions. The Tomcat Doctor can be swapped out for a Tomcat Engineer for Countermeasures although with only Billie as a remote I prefer the Tomcat Doctor to come on the side and heal McMurrough when he goes down.

3. Darkinga

Darkinga Nómada Nómada

Mando Jurisdiccional de Corregidor──────────────────────────────────────────────────GRUPO 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 WILDCAT Teniente Fusil Combi + Lanzallamas Lig. Cargas-D / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 19) WILDCAT Lanzacohetes Pesado / Pistola de Asalto, Cuchillo. (2 | 20) WILDCAT Hacker (Disp. de Hacker de Asalto) Fusil Combi + Lanzallamas Lig. Cargas-D / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0.5 | 25) DAKTARI Fusil Combi / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 14) LUPE BALBOA Fusil Combi, Nanopulser, Panzerfaust, Granadas de Humo / Pistola, Arma CC. (0 | 23) SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Escopeta de Abordaje, Granadas E/M, Granadas Eclipse / Pistola, Arma CC AP, Arma CC E/M. (0.5 | 27) JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Granadas de Humo / Pistola, Arma CC DA. (0 | 10) JAGUAR Lanza-adhesivo, Panzerfaust / Pistola, Arma CC DA. (0.5 | 13) JAZZ & BILLIE undefined. (0.5 | 24) [​IMG] JAZZ Hacker Subfusil, Pitcher, Cibermina / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 18) [​IMG] BILLIE Pulso Flash, E/Mauler / Pulso Eléctrico. (0 | 6)GRUPO 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1 BANDIDO Hacker (Disp. de Hacker Asesino) Escopeta Lig. Lanza-adhesivo / Pistola, Arma CC DA. (0 | 25) MORAN (Observ. de Artillería) Fusil Combi, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0.5 | 22) TOMCAT Ingeniero Fusil Combi + Lanzallamas Lig. Cargas-D + 1 Zondcat / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 26) [​IMG] ZONDCAT Pulso Eléctrico. (4) REAKTION ZOND Ametralladora / Pulso Eléctrico. (1 | 26) STEMPLER ZOND Fusil Combi, Sniffer / Pulso Eléctrico. (0 | 17) SALYUT (Barreminas, Repetidor) Pulso Eléctrico. (0 | 8) 5.5 CAP | 299 PuntosAbrir en Infinity Army

4. micawber

micawber Junkship Jockey

So CodeOne brought some very interesting changes that we can assume will make it into N4:

> Spotlight works in ARO now, doesn't go away at the end of a turn and you have to reset with WIP -3 to get rid of it.
    I think thats overall a big win for the Nomads. Spotlight can be applied to ANY unit no matter if it's hackable or not and it makes further hacking still easier. With the insane repeater coverage Nomads bring we should be able to slap targeted onto all kinds of units that push into our midfield. Worst case is they have to spend one short order and remove it with reset which most of the time will be about 50% chance for WIP13. Especially CJC should have a field day with this cuz their repeater network is second to none and they are proficient in clogging the midfield and then punishing overextending enemy models. Only now those models probably are targeted too :D

> All Medium Infantry have 4-4 mov now. That is also a big one for Nomads since we're "the MI faction". That alone makes Wildcats better by allowing them to get into their optimum range faster or for Intruders to change firing position or push forward to score.

> Most Heavy Infantry are 6-2 mov now. Not all though. Seems like some like the Omega, Zuyong, Yan Huo, the Boyg and the Aquila and Swiss guard stayed 4-4. I think it is save to assume that the MB and the Riot Grrls will upgrade to 6-2. The fact that not all HI get this treatment makes it even better on the units that do get it.

> Immobilized-A can be removed with a dodge PH -6 and Immobilized-B with a WIP -3 roll. That is overall a slight nerf for us since we carry a lot of glueguns and the likes around. Not as badly hit though as O-12. Those Riot Stoppers suddenly got a lot less scary. The Immobilized-B might actually be a slight buff because the WIP roll is on -3 now. With the nerf on the Immobilized-A we might even get infinite glue gun shots. Who knows.

These are the ones that jumped out on me.

5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'm expecting EM to do IMM-B and ISO, both of which can be Reset with a -3 MOD (so -6 all up). Which means IMM-B is a buff to Hacking and a nerf to EM. Which is great because for a while now it's been clear that EM was superior to Hacking in most circumstances.

This positions EM, Hacking and Jammers as great defensive tools. Good combo tools*. But not particularly great one shot tools for active. I like that.

By way of Combo tool, I mean this like:
    * Carbonite Hack into a Normal roll AP/EXP BS Attack to destroy a TAG/drop a HI from Suppression etc

*Targetted into Spec Fire / FTF as a way to crack a strong ARO (the +3 WIP over N3 targetted makes a relatively large efficiency difference). And that's before you factor in ARO targetted causing persistent issues.

* Layering Jammers and Targetted in defence, which is something that Nomads will do better than anyone else.

* Layering Targetted and LSGs covering 8" Firelanes. +9 to Hit makes up for an awful lot of Burst.

//

Combat Jump is interesting from a Hacking POV. The way I read it I fully expect HTA to become an automatic passive debuff to AD if it survives at all.

Mahtamori likes this.
  6. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

One interesting idea is that if Spotlight is indeed usable as an ARO in N4, then this may make Vertigo Zonds and models with Grenades a more attractive option than they currently are.

7. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

not sure what to think about this changes. In a first sight, they look cool, but after a deeper though, if isolation can be taken out with reset, that could be a big nerf to hacking. Even with the -3. The -3 against IMM is good, but wouldn't compensate the nerf of the strongest hacking program. Spotlight in aro is something to try on. I've seen games where people used it in aro by error, and it was not much of a change. The nerf to EM could be huge also and another boost to the HI that are hard to be dealt face to face. I really hope isolation could not be taken out by only a -3 reset

applying multiple layers of targetted and jammers seems a cool idea too, but will really be used? I need to see how it works in the table

8. Alguaciles_Ortega

Alguaciles_Ortega Active Member

Still going through the rules myself, but I read somewhere else now REM does not have anymore flash pulse. Is it confirmed? If so that will be a big change, at least for me, in the use of transductor zonds

9. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Overall I think the hacking changes are good. I'd rather broader useful applicability (eg Spotlight in ARO with no mods) than specifically powerful effects (eg permanent isolation) and we don't even know the latter will be lost. I'm actually kind of excited that this will revistalise hacking as an integral part of the game again rather than something marginal outside supportware because of the power of KHDs. And that's decent for nomads.

I'm not the biggest fan of 4-4 MI - I'd rather they were differentiated from LI into their own way of being good rather than made more similar. Like maybe all MI have something useful to do with a second skill other than move (like fire pitchers, set a deployable etc), and some kind of Nerf to Shock vs them. And priced more reasonably. OTOH a 4-4 Intruder might make me consider the combi LFT one (outside decap) as a prowling counter camo hunter - esp if MSV2 ARO baiting through smoke continues to exist (new dodge helps that a little I guess). CJC in particular has great smoke delivery these days.

Also, REMs that can go prone would be great for linked Tsyklons if it carries over to N4

#429 Hachiman Taro, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    SpectralOwl and inane.imp like this.
  10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I'm excited about the potential but I'm worried that the suddenly common amount of DTW on infiltrators will make that hard. I still wish Vanilla had 1 AVA Intruders to make that useful for CJC but maybe there will be 3 Intruder builds now.

11. micawber

micawber Junkship Jockey

I like the 4-4 mov change for MI. For me the differentiation between LI and MI has always been superficial. I agree about giving them "their own thing" but just making them slower, especially with the horrible terrain rules is not the way to go.

Give the Combi Intruder a Multi Rifle or a Marksman Rifle profile and he would rival my HMG Intruder in pick-rate. Make him the gun fighter toolbox equivalent to the more melee and hacking focussed bandits. That would make for such an awesome mid distance troop.

Also I'm fully expecting the return of no prone and the additional unconscious levels in N4.

12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Seems there is no Flash Pulse in C1, as well as there is no Repeater, Sensor, or Blinded / Stunned State. Nor a huge number of other weapons, ammo types, equipment etc etc we were used to in Infinity N3, 2ed and even 1ed.

I believe it is a design feature of Code One. They simply had to cut the stuff to keep the rules lean and simple for what they consider an entry-level game.
    Infinity N4 should have these, or their N4 take on things.

13. Tourniquet

I really hope it doesn't, Dakinis are obnoxious enough as they are, last thing they need is to go prone behind cover instead of standing up so I can make sure they stay dead.

loricus likes this.
  14. Hachiman Taro

yeah that's a great point.

loricus likes this.
  15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I agree that in general REM deserve that weakness, especially with their shock immunity. Even my linked Tsyklon doesn't need anything making it an even clearer choice. HI pay enough for that to deserve it.

16. Tourniquet

Can't remember if this has been mentioned already or not but;

Can the HMG TM pick up koalas and a pulzar so it has a reason to exist.

Armihaul, Smiler and inane.imp like this.
  17. Hachiman Taro

That would be ok, but I think I'd consider him if he could just go in moderator links, as seems standard for newer sectorials these days make such things work.

Armihaul likes this.
  18. Hachiman Taro

When I said this to my Aleph playing friend he said 'what like Hollowmen?' haha

loricus and Tourniquet like this.
  19. Tourniquet

I mean sure, if Hollowmen were dirt cheap, had mimetism and could get buffed with supportware or jumper Z.

Dakini fireteams are one of the reasons why I never leave home with out at least 1 fastpanda heckler and an assault hacker.

20. Hachiman Taro

dakini prob wouldn't mind a second wound arm4 and super jump either ;)

Tourniquet likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation