1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next BoW Campaign

Discussion in 'StarCo' started by wildchevy, Apr 30, 2018.

1. wildchevy

wildchevy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The next BoW campaign is the next event on the CB timeline, right? Not sure if we will be clumped together with the rest of NA2 but it would be nice to see The Free Company of the Star leave a good mark on the campaign map. How are my fellow StarCo allies feeling about participating this time around?

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I ain't helpin' no Ikari.

Cothel and Solar like this.
  3. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

They better should distinguish between the several NAA Factions otherwise it's very likely that a bunch of NAA vs. NAA battles occur which would not count towards the overall score.

If StarCo will be it's own faction I'll be in for some recreational games.

4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Amen brother.

Ikari are target practice, not battle buddies!

loricus likes this.
  5. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Wouldn't StarCo be part of Nomads?

6. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Perhaps they will align the Mercs with specific, story driven, factions?

7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

How dare you sir StarCo, the free company of the stars, is an independent mercenary company without any connection with the Nomads nation, our employers can be curtain we do not propagate any Nomads agenda.

(please ignore who funded us, from were 99,9% of our military personnel is, the fact that we can terminate the mercenary contract of a formation at a moments notice and they revert to been a proper Nomads military formation that "happens" to be next to an important hotspot ectr ectr.)

No connection with the Nomads nation whatsoever.

(Now please keep funding our reserve army)

inane.imp, Robock, Deltervees and 3 others like this.
  8. wildchevy

wildchevy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Better order another case of E/M grenades for the summer.

9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

If you play mercs you should then choose another faction to indicate who's hiring your services for the duration of the campaign.

Mahtamori likes this.
  10. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

I don't think that CB will lump all NA2 forces into one faction. That would not make any sense. I can imagine two options:

1. JSA and Ikari are one faction, Druze may be treated as a sectorial of Yu Jing, StarCo as a sectorial of Nomads.

2. JSA is its own factions, while the mercenary companies may shift faction from one campaign phase to the next. Decided by players or by CB.

lets see, this may be part of how the campaign system evolves.

11. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

JSA hired Ikari & StarCo during the Uprising. If they hired Druze as well, then the NA2 would be complete. The Teseum they have reportedly discovered at their base on Ariadna would give them more than enough money for Ikari & Druze.

It's not like fluff alliances matter for campaigns anyway. We learned that during the last one.

hydra likes this.
  12. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Also ... I want DBS for Haqqislam. As it should be.

13. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Traditionally, when two mercenary forces have fought against each other, it is an elaborate show that accomplishes little. (See Italian history). I would be just fine with certain NA2 battles meaning nothing, while others could be extremely pivotal.

I would love the ability to play Druze and count my W/L towards Haqqislam, but mostly because I want to play both factions for the campaign.

14. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

My personal opinion is that you'll be able to assign NA2 games to a faction. So you will be able to play a game as StarCo but the points go to the Nomads/YJ/PanO/CA faction depending on who's 'paying you'.

But I'd expect a balancing factor to account for the fact that NA2 games are less likely to be 'meaningless'*: ie a NA2 victory is only where a % (say 80/90%) of a native faction victory.

* By which I mean that they happen in locations that don't affect the outcome: you can also choose to be fighting in a sector where your game will matter.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation