1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News from the White Noise : Backdoor Consequences

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Nemo No Name, May 18, 2018.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Insomnia sucks, else I wouldn't have read this...

YTonic, Maksimas, P-Chan and 2 others like this.
  2. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Erm. I was under impression that up to 3 was always the case. Impetuous, regular, Lt. Now it's also DT in missions that use those.
    I mean, you've probably omitted using Lt. one, but a faction with camo'd CoC can surely try to do that kind of thing.

Let's not forget that he basically gives MMS2 to his opposition for free. It usually matters less for most impetuous units, but unlike many of those, Tarik is a dedicated gunfighter. That is counteracted by him having basically 14+ BS, high burst weapon and tendency to hide for reactive turn so there's that.

That's also distracting from actual nature of the action he's performing. Like I said above, in the bigger picture of making a BS Attack in a normal scenario, Fat2 is somewhat better than +1 BS, but that's about it. Fun fact: bloody Asawira (which is a good, but barebones in a gunfight) is better at shooting while non-impetuous.

Advantage is, of course, more noticeable in reactive turn, but that's because +1 winning/tie die result looks better when it's added to a pool dominated by losing results. In active turn you're not taking those shots in almost all cases, in reactive you're basically always at bad odds with him, but threat to an active piece is considerably increased, yes. Most of the time from very chancy to still very chancy, I must add. To be honest, Solar has already said it.
    If Fat2 is terrible, that is because of psychological factor tied to losing your 80% successful roll and because its effect ignores almost everything you can setup in preparation for a shootout, as long as Fat2 model can shoot at all (and it can shoot under -12 mod).

#62 Barrogh, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  3. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Tarik isn’t impetuous though ...

xagroth likes this.
  4. Barrogh

Huh. How comes I thought he is for about a year...
    Nevermind then.

oldGregg likes this.
  5. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Tarik is neither Impetuous nor Frenzied unless I'm missing something? And while he loses Cover while super-jumping, you don't NEED to use it.

Exactly. Having a few crits on either side in a game is cool and feel really critical. Having 6 or 7 crits in a game when your opponent only had 1 ends up feeling bad for both sides.

6. Barrogh

Nah, nothing. There's that saying popular in the Internet, one about disregarding things written above, I'm tempted to use it, but I think it doesn't belong here on this forum.

Long story short, I was wrong.

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation