1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New wave of Varuna rumors (OMG)

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Sep 29, 2018.

1. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

While not unreasonable at all, it does seem to run counter to the information that's already come out about the Snake Eaters. All of the information to now has spoken of things being added to Varuna ORCs and Varuna ORCs only, rather than things being stripped away.

Deltervees and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I'm in the "it's likely that we'll see another TinBot profile" camp, which is what makes me think it's not impossible that we'll get one in the box.

But if there are other new, Varuna exclusive, ORCs then it becomes much less likely.

3. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I think they will release a tinbot box. All the tinbots! One box! A different set of tinbots for each faction, all lovingly themed after various trendy science fiction/anime brands!

4. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I think (no pun intended) the actual "Varuna exclusive Orcs" ship has sailed. It was (to my cynical views) a thing to justify them not releasing a box, since we didn't see that particular reasoning for a bit after the actual release.

5. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

"YOU'RE TEARING ME APART CB"

Zewrath, Stiopa and Del S like this.
  6. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

can you cite at least one instance of this happening?

7. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

"Ohai Achilies"

Skoll, Stiopa and Del S like this.
  8. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I'm not quite sure which part you're pointing to, but wrt making profiles leaner by removing some options, the Raiden was significantly "leanified" by ditching the bad profiles and adding a great one.

9. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I want to say at least a few units from original Human Sphere got that treatment with HSN3.

I can say pretty definitively though that it's not unheard of for them to reclassify a unit's role entirely, see how most AD stuff lost HMGs and had Molotoks, Spitfires, or whatever their equivalents were added instead.

10. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm not sure that orcs fit the bill for that streamlining concept though. It's unclear that the overall design of the orc will change in any significant manner beyond the addition of the feuerbach and character. The biggest adaptation of them seems to be fireteam flexibility. I wouldn't notice if the duo option dropped however...

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

"Anyway, how's your sex life?"

The weapon swap on AD troops had less to do with removing options, and more with rebalancing weapon loadouts in line with unit role. In the same vein multiple units lost their Light Shotguns and were left just with Combis. However I can't recall any case of such change - removing main assault weapon - from one of the basic troops. If ORCs will be the main HI for VIRD - and everything points this way - losing HMG makes no sense. There's no basis for such speculation aside from "well, it might happen".

12. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Also, the switch from HMGs to spitfires was after years of wishlisting such a change would happened by the community. So it was a case of CB listing to its players rather than a random change.

AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  13. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

So there are Merc Libertos.....

14. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

Second 18 look's like winged rem's..... we are airborne gentelmen now

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

[​IMG]

Pretty sure that’s an ORC HMG in the image.

16. Kilroy

Kilroy Active Member

Seeing the helots run like sprinters while being amphibious creatures has me chuckling for some reason. Still, can't wait to read more about Varuna, and I dig the LIbertos, even though PanO will not have access to it (probably)

17. MikeTheScrivener

This is true, but to be fair the raider was deleted as a whole

I mean, an edition change/game overhaul is a little different than a new sectorial or unit box coming out. It just feels like you're being intentionally negative. I don't really enjoy arguing with you, but im trying to understand why you think this.

I really can't see why the ORCs most popular option would just suddenly disappear for no reason.

AdmiralJCJF and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. MikeTheScrivener

I wonder who/what that merc will work for. all vanilla probably? It seems as though those sniper shots we saw some time ago were not of helots as a whole, but just of this guy which is a little disappointing.

19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm pretty sure those were PanO Helots snipershots. The armour details checked, and pressure tank was visible.

20. MikeTheScrivener

I hope so! I mean, it can't be too difficult to reconfigure the CAD file for this guy to them. although, I would like to see a 360 of this freedom fighter first

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation