1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Units: Most Hype?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by OrphanOfToast, Sep 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I still think @Mahtamori 's theory had the most weight, that there was a mimetic HI in the pipe that had Full Auto which prompted the change. It was probably the Mowang, which as released with Mimetism stacks the same effective mods as the Kriza used to in SF Mode.

2. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Please no. Everything but not this. If you allow a single B6 in Fireteams, you are only opening another round of power creep. Everyone will be complaining and whining and in the end, everyone will get a B6 Fireteam.

No, thanks.

3. SpectralOwl

Even I don't want B6 in Fireteams (I don't want a lot of things). That's just my theory as to what would warrant a direct Kriza nerf instead of a sidegrade- IMO the HMG is just a touch too strong while the other profiles need help. Cost improvements go part way to solving the issue, but for the HMG to ever be the wrong choice for a situation the Kriza's kit needs a slightly more defensive bias instead of just "shoot harder" to create a little internal competition.

4. Pflaumenmus

Pflaumenmus Active Member

I'm mostly interested for the Reverend Profiles. They are so old

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

One of my favorite things is sci-fi police forces. Tank Police, Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, Jin-Roh, Patlabor, etc. So Bakunin is so close, SO CLOSE to making a perfect force for me to pick up. But it just doesn't come together. Playing Moderators and Taskmasters doesn't feel that way in the gameplay. Corregidor feels like none of your guys give a shit. Phalanx feels like your guys are going in to a battle trance. Bakunin has so many new rules and ideas and skills to draw from to solidify their identity. That's what I want to see. That's what I wanted to see before this Corregidor focus and before the LAST Corregidor focus.
    I really doubt we'll be getting a good feeling Bakunin out of the gate in N4 but I hope it happens soon. Give us a "You're under arrest!" "No YOU'RE under arrest!" box with Bakunin and O-12.

Greg23, Vakarian, Ugin and 8 others like this.
  6. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Can I like this post a couple times

7. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Moderators are just bad, and as for zeros and zoe by the time they're added into a moderator based list my first thought is this is strictly better in vanilla if cut out the mods and replace them with something useful.

I wasn't talking in a vacuum, I was talking list archetypes. in my testing (providing the BJC list actually makes it to the table in the first place) the SC list tends to just out perform it every time.
    Yes you access to enough morlocks to proxy a small 40K army but that doesn't help the fact that the sectorial has less list diversity than Tunguska and again you can still do that in vanilla where you get access to more options to take advantage of smoke, also being able to spam one unit type doesn't make for better support either.
    As for the LT tax, you're normally paying SWC for an LT in BJC anyway so that's a moot point and if not both sectorials have 0 SWC, WIP 12 LT option anyway, except one also packs a BS 12 shotgun to defend itself with.

You say that like the Kriza isn't going to turn into the generic +1 burst with mimetism -3, BS 13 HI when N4 drops.

8. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Smart money says the Kriza will be BS Attack (+1B) and BS Attack (-3).

(Apropos of the conversation above this would actually make it very powerful in suppressive fire; the burst bonus wouldn't apply but the universal -3 malus against the targets of its BS attacks would)

Ugin, Modock and Armihaul like this.
  9. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

At the end of N3, my two bakunin lists are:

• Riot Grrl team with morlock support, paired with either a taskmaster or a moira + second zero
    • 2x Uberfall teams with Zoe, moderator team, and Taskmaster
    Looking forward to observance changes, Custodiers could be really good. I'd like to see a third list option open up to me now that I'm capped to 15 troopers.

10. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I suspect the easy answer is suppression fire won't be a "BS attack" but a separate skill declaration with its own -3 mod. So BS attack -3 mods won't also apply.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  11. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

well, that list diversity from TJC is not so high in the first place... choose between 2 FT (one expensive, the other one not so cheap), and the few support options (because they are expensive, so not much to choose). But even with that, it brings not much more access to new lists than BJC, in where you have the cheap FT, the HI FT and the ODD FT to choose from (even if the observancy is not so well performing). But of course a relatively new sectorial will have more versatility than an almost ignored one! the strange thing is that TJC has not so much compared to an old one!

if it is as in N3, SF is an state, but the miniature declares a a normal BS attack in which there are changes because the state. It can happen as in N3 and create a lame excuse to not apply it anyway

12. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

It has about the same list diversity as tunguska because the number of viable units in Tunguska is also very small: one viable fireteam core (either purely securitate dorks or +perseus), kriza, heckler rf, heckler jammer, raoul, whatever else you have points left for; and i'd say that riot grrls core in bakunin is actually playable unlike hollows

like the most difference in tunguska lists is usually whether or not you take full puppet team bc sometimes it is too dangerous in some matchups and missions

i dont think Taskmaster LT is the norm, considering it is an easy assassination target and points hog
    9pts and 16 pts is a huge difference especially when the former has 1-2 mirror buddies in his fireteam or nearby

13. Lampyridae

Lampyridae Well-Known Member

Only two options? TJC has 3 FT Core options and bunch of Haris and FT Duo. All Sectorals that have FT:Core have at least 3 options: usually, LI, MI and HI. This is true of TJC/

14. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

technically, yes. But grenzer core is maybe the less interesting core option we have in all our sectorials. The fact that you can run grenzers inside securitates makes that core even less appealing. They only have 2 options to add (raoul and interventor) and make them more interesting than running grenzers inside securitates, and both are bad idea (raoul in grenzers works worse than by himself, and interventors are not so interesting in a MSV team because anti-sinergy)

About the haris... 4 options: grenzers, full hollows, broharis and kriza. From those, the broharis works better by themselves again, and the kriza is the worst dessigned haris in the game at the moment

15. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Haha! Cool but also dorky at the same time, I love this. Huge thumbs up.

And, there's a fluff about Taskmasters bringing a few Morlocks with them, putting them into the pit like they're expendables, so it would be cool to see some Taskys' loadout with Peripheral Morlocks.

loricus likes this.
  16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

*Laughs in Onyx...*

Lampyridae, loricus and Willen like this.
  17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

JSA and Druze only have 2 core fireteams.

Lampyridae and loricus like this.
  18. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I am very curious how you don’t see HM as playable? I think every top performing TJC I have seen has always had atleast one list with the jump boys.

19. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So does WB

Lampyridae likes this.
  20. OrphanOfToast

OrphanOfToast Heated Bread

Oh! I just thought of another unit: Zoe and Pi-Well. Hope they don't get a cost increase (not sure why they would) but always really dug their models and had really good luck with Pi-Well sensoring his way up the board and causing an annoying Suppressive Fire ODD roadblock.

..wait why are we talking about druze now?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation