1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tunguska

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by mothman, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

I smell a new special character for Tunguska

[​IMG]

Danny DeVito where?

#941 Keyrott, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Del S and xagroth like this.
  2. Riquende

Riquende Well-Known Member

Aren't regular Interventors already essentially maxed on every stat and piece of equipment useful to hackers?

loricus likes this.
  3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Nope!

Umbra Hackers are the maximized one! :P

nazroth likes this.
  4. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Pretty much, yes (save for maybe a Pitcher?). To my mind, the only thing they don't have that would be really helpful is camo/etc. (though the KHD profile can get to marker state via Cybermask). But not having that keeps their cost reasonable, so, y'know...

My guess is that if we see a special character Interventor, the boosts will be in having a weird bot pal, hacking device upgrade programs, some corner case special abilities (e.g., Free Agent), or maybe they'd just make her WIP 16? ;-)

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

They lack NWI, but yeah. Cheapest troop (alguacil) with WP15 and BTS 9.

They are "bloated" with Melee, Mimetism... And they are WP 14 with an inferior BTS. Interventors have TAG level BTS!!!

Hacker Plus has Cybermask. Like the KHD. There are three reasons nobody runs AHD Interventors, that is one, the other is that they cannot be Lt, and the third is that the other troops need something to do in the midfield XD.

Having ANOTHER Interventor is good enough in itself. I vote NWI and SS1 for a H+ BSG pitcher-carrying 30pts of OP XD

ZlaKhon, nazroth and yojamesbo like this.
  6. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Good call--I'd forgotten that (you'll have to forgive me, I've been playing Tohaa and hacking just hasn't been a thing in my world for six months now)!

7. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

That's an ALEPH profile outlook (except BSG, every "good" Aleph profile obviously carries a Combi Rifle), not a Nomad one.

yojamesbo likes this.
  8. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Pretty much. You'd sidegrade them rather than upgrade them: KHD+WHD with BS12, Breaker Combi and Nanopulsar.

9. Birgir

Birgir New Member

I would rather whant Securitate Chief Inspector Malyna Durnova
    A char too core with Securitate
    Like Lupe does with algs

Edit:

Or maybe more like kusanagi and moiras

#949 Birgir, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Solar and Robock like this.
  10. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

WHD is trash on it's own, but paired with another Hacking Device it would be really awesome. Cool idea mate.

Just remember guys - the lower the expectations the more fun you will have once any new profile get's revealed.

loricus likes this.
  11. Alz

Alz Well-Known Member

Look at the models on the box. Look at the hollow men and tell me to lower the expectations.

You just can't!

Balewolf and bladerunner_35 like this.
  12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The Heckler and Kriza were probably the most shocking releases. We're going to get meaty core mechanics now, the stuff I love.

13. nazroth

I know man, I know. I advice impossible. :) I just don;t want to see my Bromads upset if what is to come does not meet expectations.
    Allow me to rephrase my advice: Let's all try to stay cool minded and pragmatic about crazy combos and OP mechanics. Kriza was exactly what we needed to stay competitive with just enough to keep him Nomad-costed and killy to fit our lists. Heckler is a very nice 'Hexas' type improovement - so also well costed medium assault unit (I talk Red Fury one).
    Right now we seriously have all the tools we need to go toe to toe with more shooty factions. All that's to come is a bonus. ;)

As for my won guess:

* I'm pretty certain no Smoke nor MSV's. Vanilla already has an abundance of Smoke, while another MSV unit (I mean MSV2) would probably impact Vanilla too much.
    * My guess is some Eclipse source, to enable firelane cover.
    * Have no clue about what to expect about Nautical Zond.
    * Given that we already have TO:Camo and Limited Camo unit plus a lot of regular camo in Vanilla - I wouldn't expect any of this to show up.
    * Tunguska seem like not a place for a Warband, rather maybe some sort of G: Synchronized stuff.
    * I imagine Hollow Man would be on a more tricky side of the coin. We already have Riotgrrls, Brigadas, Kriza and Task Hamster. I expect more tricks, less offensive power from these guys.

*If I was to make a wish I choose Ghost: Jumper L1 unit - this would be awesome and interresting. Also somehow Fluffy to use the tool of the enemy against him.

barakiel and Alz like this.
  14. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

My main wish is either non-MSV Grenzer profiles or mixed link for Grenzers.

Deltervees and nazroth like this.
  15. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

What about an interventor with Sensor? It allows great synergy with the Transductors to bring cheap orders to an otherwise pricey faction, and it certainly fits both Tunguska security and Rox's personal fluff.

As long as we're wishlisting i'll take HD+ with Exile and Sixth Sense too.

Talk of Tactical Puppets has died down, but if that profile still exists I think G: Jumper makes sense.

nazroth likes this.
  16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I hope they don't make anything more useful than an Interventor.

nazroth and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  17. nazroth

It's not about hope mate - it's hell difficult to make something more useful than Interventor :)

Section9, osoi and loricus like this.
  18. osoi

osoi Well-Known Member

I am just looking for options that are interesting. The Interventor is amazing and really nothing should be trumping it stats wise, I see it as the ceiling. Playing around with different combos or pieces of equipment I think is the right play and while you might not take some new profiles all the time they should all have some purpose.

Eg. I basically prefer the idea of taking the Interventor KHD over the heckler as similar price point but Interventor just has better hacking stats, the Jammer heckler however works wonders and is a profile Im keen to really play around a lot with on the table.

19. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

BS12 and Mimmetism, Stealth and a Marker state at game start are huge and well worth the trade. We'll see what Cybermines are, but honestly they're just gravy.

20. neostrider

neostrider Well-Known Member

I think there's a lot still missing from tunguska and how it all adds together will yet to be seen.

Securiate and grenzers changes will decide if we need a powerful Hollowman or a utility piece.

Spectre probably won't be too different but his stats will determine how much I lean on the hecklers. As is I probably wouldn't bring more than 1 spectre.

Interventor for sure will remain powerful. Only thing that could replace my hd+ lt would be a strategos or wip 15 without hackable.

But I still feel holes. Seems like 12 orders of Rambo a heckler then a salamander or borac. Normally I see 3 or 4 tactics that click into one army ideology. So far I see power and infowars, which are great. I expect 1 more spice in this army before it's released.

I'd love for it to be a gsych attacker. Something like a chimera but with pistols and priced to match. One master with 3 drones watching the mid field is a cool high risk/ high reward tactic.

nazroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation