1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tunguska

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by mothman, Mar 24, 2018.

1. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

The full auto burst doesnt stack so you only get the -3

Bostria mentioned combat puppets, nautical zonds, hollow men having holo and that tunguska is getting a character who is not Interventor Morgana

2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I dunno why the -3 to shoot back at Krizas is so nightmarish. You ever played against a Hac Tao HMG? If you've not got MSV2 that's even worse, plus hidden deployment and surprise shot, but nobody calls the Hac Tao crazy.

Zewrath, Barrogh, sarf and 4 others like this.
  3. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

The difference is that with the Hac Tao or Swiss Guard, you get to use MSV to counter it. There's nothing that can counter Full Auto.

The way he is now, I like the Kriza. It's the idea of a linked Kriza that I abhor.

4. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

From the N3 wiki entry on Full Auto:
    • This MOD of +1 is not stackable with other bonuses or Burst MODs provided by other rules, Special Skills, Equipment, or Hacking Programs, except for those who specifically state otherwise.
    So no, it would not result in B6 Spitfires.

Interventor Haris + 2 Krizas. Wheeeeee!

DaRedOne and loricus like this.
  5. mothman

Boracs are always scary, really strong for their points. Though every game ive seen has them die super fast.

Watched a game on friday first order Borac attacks a daylami who AROs him off table instantly with a panzerfaust. Followed by Pi well going in a similar fashion a few orders later/

6. yojamesbo

Ariadna, in general, will only ever be able to counter a Swiss Miss down to a -3 mod. They cannot do better than that. (edited this down for clarity)

And unless you've got MSV3, you can't counter the surprise shot.

Let me put it differently, would you rather have a model with Full Auto 2, or TO Camo? I know which one I'd choose.

#66 yojamesbo, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Barrogh likes this.
  7. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

The "fun" thing about the Kriza Borak is that he has the only MOD in the game you can't counter somehow. SSL2 vs Surprise Shot or Smoke Tricks protects defensive Links. White Noise counters MSVs. MSVs counter Camo/ODD.... Full Auto L2? Nope, always gonna eat that MOD. It is only a -3, but nontheless weirdly inconsistent with the rest of the rules.

Gave it another round of thinking.
    I want Holo3 on Hollowmen.
    And a Haris Profile for mixed Links.

I celebrate with glee everytime a Mutt or Daylami simply dies in a single FTF without doing anything.
    Cheeky little buggers. Think I never leave the house without AD to get them from behind when I expect to face Haqq.

yojamesbo likes this.
  8. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

My theory on Securitate is they'll lose repeaters, Sixth Sense, and the LS is apparently gone already [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    but there's gonna be a boarding shotgun profile maybe, so that'll be fun.

They'll also lose the on-model Repeater and the Sixth Sense (Maybe one profile retains it as an option to keep in Vanilla but them having it might make less sense if another model, like the Heckler, gains it, or as you hope, Sensor becomes a thing for them).

Maybe they gain an FO profile, armed with a repeater or even a sniffer? But for the base trooper, they'll be dropped down to an upgraded Alguacil with better BS and WIP, making them 12-14 points or so, entering a more viable role as cheerleaders while offering an attractive link-team option. The current Securitate is paying a premium for the shotgun and Sixth Sense, and a repeater on a model is a little more useful than one that's deployed gear for obvious reasons. That's how I think it'll go, but we'll see.

Solar likes this.
  9. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I hadn't seen that ruling on the wiki. Thank you for the clarification.

10. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

Imho also zoe and piwell will be in Tunguska.
    I'm saying so only based on the colours of them in the dossier.

Zewrath likes this.
  11. mothman

Only if no one tells the higher ups, iirc Tunguska still wants her dead

For mercs I think we will get

Saito-spectre-emily and uhahu

maybe druze

12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Well if you play Ariadna, or Bakunin, or Hassassins (and I do play Bakunin and Hassassins) then the best you've got is MSV1, so a Hac Tao is now in suppression... a slightly higher BS Kriza. And yet, I've killed plenty. A -3 to hit penalty is... not really a big deal? Put down an E/Mauler, then walk around the corner, and see if that Kriza shoots back. Use a TO Camo MSR from long range. Drop smoke and get into CC. Hell, just plow into him with a linked or high BS HMG from outside of 24"

A linked Kriza would be B6 if indeed FAL1 was compatible with links, which I dunno if it even is, and it looks like it may not be, so I don't think we'll ever see B6 from anything. But for some reasons Krizas seem to be widely considered as total haxx0r bullshit, and they aren't! They're just good. Although a Swiss Guard or Hac Tao HMG is probably better raw numbers wise (but more widely encountered and therefore people can deal with it in their head better), hence them costing more.

Barrogh, Golem2God and yojamesbo like this.
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

My own personal Securitate feeling is that they'll get Biometric Visors instead of Sixth Sense L2, because I reckon that's what it was always supposed to represent anyway; superior biometric readouts. Or maybe they'll keep it! Honestly I wouldn't mind either way, because both are good. But I think they'll keep Repeater.

14. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Kriza need to shoot to get the mod.

15. mothman

It should get it on everything, including its dodging through rapid fire posing

[​IMG]

Zewrath, loricus and Solar like this.
  16. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I hope we get Saito. I'm not usually a fan of mercs or characters overly but Saito is cool. Wonder if he'll get a resculpt at some point because he's showing up quite a bit atm.

Also, what does Holo3 do over Holo2?

17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

That's also true.

If you get nailed by something that you haven't got a cat's chance in hell of hitting, and you use that PH 14 Dodge instead, no -3 to hit. So sometimes it's worth it anyway, just to make them land less hits, but still.

18. yojamesbo

SSL2 is a weird skill to have on line infantry that are going to frequently end up in large Core links. I think it'll get dropped.

I like the repeaters and I hope they keep 'em as it makes them unique (vs other linkable line infantry, at least) in the game (and it's flufftastic).

19. mothman

same as 2 but it loses "negative feedback" so you could have mimetism or ODD + holo on at same time and you can be in a link team with it

The strength on 6th sense securitate was on the hacker and sniper. ss is a godsend for a defensive hacker to get rid of pesky TO KHD. I think also it would be great on a sniper in a defensive haris.

chaos11 likes this.
  20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

For Mercs I would personally like to see Spector, Togan, Handelman, Uhahu and potentially Druze. Probably Spector the most, because DROP BEARS.

But at the same time, I'm not particularly bothered if I don't see any of them. I think that Tugboat Jurisdictional Command will do great.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation