1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tunguska

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by mothman, Mar 24, 2018.

1. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Linked ABH could just be limited to Booty Lvl 1. It's an easy fix and still would be amazing to play. Maybe in a future Sectorial and not in TJC though.

2. jimbo slice

jimbo slice Well-Known Member

Nomads use modified dolphins to pilot some of their ships. I believe that's in the N3 core book fluff. What if the nautical zond is a remote remotely piloted by a dolphin? Or a bike with a dolphin it?! Thanks for all the fish and bullets, Nomads!

Edited for spelling.

Abydog, Section9, nazroth and 6 others like this.
  3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

A manned suit with a dolphin in it would be the coolest thing ever. Maybe that could be an RPG character for me.

Abydog and inane.imp like this.
  4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'm soo hanging out for the Nomad book. I'm seriously hoping for Dolphins, Hollowmen and LAIs being playable characters.

sarf, Deltervees and loricus like this.
  5. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Dolphin TAG

Abydog, Keyrott, AdmiralJCJF and 4 others like this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That would be Poipoider:
    [​IMG]

(Though he may actually be a beluga whale and not a dolphin)

The mecha-suit includes a whalesong-to-human voice translator, he squeaks like any other whale in the one time he's outside the suit and has to have someone translate for him. Super-jump jets, a grapnel hand, and some rockets in the forearms. Given the Hooyah tagline in the English dub, he's probably a US Sailor.

loricus likes this.
  7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah that's awesome. I have some experience with the subject from some scifi (Niven and Johnny Mnemonic) but having a suit like that would be awesome.

I was imagining it as a larger Zond but a suit like that would probably be smarter for an RPG so I don't forget I don't have arms.

8. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

Nemo No Name and loricus like this.
  9. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

I most definitively don't want to see any poor uplifts in Nomad hands, as I'd prefer not to see them used as slave soldiers or some horror-show implement.

10. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Be careful what you wish for

[​IMG]

11. leigen_zero

FWIW I don't even think fluff describes the dolphin pilots as 'true' uplifts, I think they are modified just enough to enable them to be spaceship pilots.

12. Nemo No Name

I know. ^^

One of the (many) reasons I refuse to play Nomads.

13. leigen_zero

To be fair, the nomad nation isn't exactly averse to doing the same tinkering on their own double-helices, nor does it imply that the dolphins are subject to a cruel and miserable existence. For all we know they could have the best dolphin enclosure that isn't an earth ocean.

loricus and sarf like this.
  14. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Yeah, I believe it's just swimming in space instead of the ocean. I guess the "abuse" might come from not having many friends to play with, but there are at least 3 of them, so it's not completely lonely all the time.

15. Nemo No Name

The Nomad treatment of its own humans tells us nobody in Nomads cares one bit about decent treatment of anyone whatsoever. Hence, given no other information, it is far more plausible to assume Nomad dolphin tanks are more incarnation of dolphin hell than pleasant research facilities.

16. leigen_zero

The motherships are also accompanied by a sizeable fleet of lesser ships that follow them around, plus all the extra craft/combat vessels/etc the motherships are likely to be carrying there's probably a decent sized pod out there in the black

Probably, assuming of course that the dolphins haven't been interfaced into the ships so much that the ships are essentially their bodies, and thus are now basically giant metal dolphins in a truly infinite ocean of the void.
    (my gut says probably not though)

17. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

That's my understanding of it. I am not sure if thats the case for all the smaller ships though.

18. leigen_zero

Yeah that's my guess too, I'm guessing the division would lie somewhere on the size, like the real small craft/transports/anything that goes into atmo probably have human crews, and the larger vessels that just kind of lazily cruise through space are manned by fins, but probably there's an option for humans to take the helm if need be

19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The Nomads are as into decent treatment of people and animals as any society is I think; mostly decent, some people are dickheads, the government is probably up to nastier shit than your average person would be okay with etc. I have never really been sure how Nomads balance the whole anarchist idea that you are inviolate up to a point and have inviolate rights of self-expression, speech, not to be persecuted etc with their freaky experimentations but I tend to think that most of the time the unethical experimentations tend to be along the lines of AI stuff, weird gene-splicing, and experimental procedures where they say "okay we're going to do this to you, is that cool?" and if you say yes they do some pretty weird stuff that you couldn't do to a subject even with consent in, say, PanO.

nazroth likes this.
  20. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

So you are just here to troll then. That's just sad.

inane.imp likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation