1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Bri77le, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Bri77le

Bri77le Member

is Red Veil and Kaldstrom a good place to start?

Space Ranger likes this.
  2. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

That probably depends on your preferred play style and what kinds of lists you'd like to build. The more experienced players here can better answer from that angle. I have pokemon-itis about this game so I like collecting and painting things even if I don't expect to play them any time soon.

Red Veil is out of print, the terrain and markers in the box aren't great, and you get the same models from the Yu Jing Starter. If you don't want the Haqq models from Red Veil, just get the YJ starter box instead. The only reason to buy Red Veil at this point is if you really want the meh terrain (I own it, it's OK but the newer terrain blows it out of the water) or the female Ninja with tac bow that's otherwise hard to get, OR if you also play Haqq and want those models too/know someone who does and will split the box with you.

Beyond Red Veil comes with models you might want for generic YJ lists and also maybe in an ISS or White Banner (Kaldstrom) sectorial army list, but you could probably skip it entirely unless you really want the specific models in that box.

Kaldstrom looks fun and I've already pre-ordered it. I may not be the most discriminating person to listen to though. :p

-Ghost- likes this.
  3. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

It depends. If you are just starting infinity, these are mostly good boxes to get although if you don't have anybody interested in the second part of those boxes it could be better to grab starter box for YJ or wait for a long time to get only YJ kaldstrom. Be aware that curent YJ starter as well as red veil in general is going OOP afaik. Both boxes are good place to start vanilla Yu Jing for a new player. I know that every unit in op. kaldstrop is going to be available in Code 1 (simpler ruleset designed to teach how to play more complicated infinity so also a good place to start). Not sure about units in red veil though. If you are playing different factions and decided to finally join the best one, then you can easily come up with list in army and start collecting necessary models.

4. Bri77le

Bri77le Member

thanks for the advice. I just got back in and i have a good collection of Ariadna. been wanting to expand to Yu Jing and Haq is why i brought up Red Veil, but mainly want Kaldstrom for C1 and Yu JIng while selling pano side.

so newer player trying to start poking my head into Yu Jing with a side project of Ariadna and Haq.

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Red Veil might be good if you want Haqq. RV has a couple models I think you can only get in it. Like the Al Faseed HMG and Ninja. Though a new Ninja is coming out. They Zayedan is a bit meh but the rest of them are pretty good. The YJ starter is pretty good for all of them I think. I think that and the Kaldstrom are going to be good for getting into Vanilla Yu Jing and White Banner. A little harder for going towards ISS or IA.

6. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Short version, yes.

Long version, any time you can get on a starter set it's usually a good thing especially if you know you're getting into the faction in its entirety. I used to recommend every start pack, remotes and a few odd boosters that you like that weren't in the starter sets.

It sounds like you're interested in Haqq as another avenue which Red Veil works well with. Kaldstrøm is the new hotness, and extras like the terrain make it well worth. You mentioned you were selling the PanO side so you're good there.

At the end of the day I would always look into getting some REMs.The Yaokong are getting updated so if you like the newer look, maybe hold off on that box in particular. Are you getting Red Veil Beyond? That's another good plug for both Haqq and Yu Jing.

Space Ranger and Bri77le like this.
  7. Space Ranger

I second the Remotes. They will will always be used in all sectorals and are pretty easy to proxy if needed.

-Ghost- likes this.
  8. Bri77le

Bri77le Member

You all will be happy that i sold my other armies and bought into Yu Jing. got a few boxes and my Kaldstrom pre-order. thank you all and look forward to playing the best faction ;)

cheers

Space Ranger and Chaserabinov like this.
  9. Space Ranger

Totally out and totally in?! Wow and welcome!

10. Bri77le

Bri77le Member

haha. Bought myself the Yu Jing starter per many people's recommendation over Red Veil, rui shi pack i found cheap, the IA starter and like i said the Kaldstrom set pre-order.

i love the thought of Invinsible Army and vanilla. plus at a later date might dabble into Dashat...hehehe

Space Ranger likes this.
  11. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

No, they're a very good place to start ;).

12. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I'm guessing Araidna &/or Haqqislam didn't check off the boxes you were looking for. Any particular reason why?

13. Bri77le

Bri77le Member

@Golem2God
    For me Infinity is all about Sci-Fi and i didnt want to play a green army men faction. this is a investment of a couple hundred and decided to stick with something i am 100% interested in. (Ariadna i got in a trade from 40k.) i am a huge fan of power armor and geo-politics in modern time with China.

i will slowly build up Haq on the side over time with emphasis on Dashat.

Space Ranger, Crusader and Golem2God like this.
  14. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That is a good idea. Since Dashat is Haqqislam with a bit of Yu Jing mixed in. I would then focus on grabbing the Hulang, Zhencha & Zuyong minis when you can since those are the Yu Jing units that can be played in Dashat besides Lu Duan. & Rui Shi remotes.
    Speaking of remotes you can grab any faction's design that you like the best since all of them operate the same expect for faction special remotes. Any faction remotes that you like the most?
    What aprt of the world are you located in? I could help you find some models that you need for cheaper than normal. (ebay and the like) I'll create a pm conversation for that task if it is alright with you.

Bri77le likes this.
  15. Space Ranger

Definitely the REM then. Rui Shi and Lu Duan can be used in Dahshat as well. Also nobody minds proxies of remotes. They are almost all the same. I haven't been a fan of the Hulang so far.

For both YJ vanilla and Dahshat I recommend the Liberto. Love that guy!
    Zhencha is good.
    An easy one to proxy is the Al Faseed HMG with the Yan Huo HRMC.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation