1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Opiyel, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Opiyel

Opiyel New Member

Hello all. My gf and I recently picked up the starter boxes for Yu Jing and Ariadna. I got the older Yu Jing pack with the Celestial Guard, Domaru, Shang Ji, and the three grunts. I was wondering what would be a good load oout for a small game with these. And I was wondering what a good way to expand this group? Thanks for any help.

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

It's going to be really hard to fill 150 points. Even if you take the most expensive shang ji and domaru, it's impossible to hit 150 without going way over your SWC limit. It's probably because the profiles have changed somewhat since the old box came out.

If you proxy the CG as something else though, you can do something like this:

[​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]6
    [​IMG] DOMARU Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 42)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZHÀNYING Lieutenant (Sensor) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 26)

2.5 SWC | 146 Points

Open in Infinity Army

If you drop the hacker down to something with no SWC you could take the HMG Lieutenant Zhanying instead.

3. Opiyel

Opiyel New Member

Ah interesting. I hadn't realized that for the group here. I'll definitely set up stuff up there and give it a go!

What would you suggest would be a good way to expand this group? Should I grab the Beyond Red Veil, or maybe a support pack? Thanks for the help!

4. AkiPL

AkiPL Active Member

I would say getting REMs is a good option (and in case of REMs it doesn't matter if you want to go sectorial or stay Vanilla).
    Yaokong remotes are nice support/firepower (ie. Husong and Weibing) or Yaoxie (Rui Shi and Lu Duan).
    And for possibly some engineer/doctor to fix REMs (heal troops).

5. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

I'd say Red Veil is good. Even though it gives you more Zhanshis, the Ninja is good along with Hsien, Tiger Soldier and Zuyong, which are good starting choices for a new player. Then I say actually get Beyond Red Veil as it gets you a Daofei (hey, I wish I had an infiltrating Heavy in PanO :P) and does give you Guilang even though the MSR is dubious ( you can proxy her as another loadout). That said, I echo @AkiPL 's sentiments and get remotes as they can be good point fillers, support or attack pieces.

6. Goober321

Goober321 New Member

I echo what AkiPL recommended, pick up the Yaoxie remotes for the Rui Shi and Lu Duan. Grab a support pack (either standard or JSA depending on what you like the look of most) for the Dr/engineer support, and then grab a box of shaolin monks.

The monks pair really well with the MSV2 Rui Shi because they can drop smoke everywhere. They are excellent DZ defenders with their chain rifles, and martial arts mean they are super dangerous for enemy infiltrators or rambo units to deal with. For just 5 points, they are usually an absolute pain in the ass for your opponent to deal with.

7. Opiyel

Opiyel New Member

Thank you for all of the helpful responses. The Remotes look pretty awesome and I'm always a fan of spider robots, so I'll definitely grab those. How is the Yaopu model? Comparable to the other two?

The support would be very useful for me. Some of these I'll have to order online, though I'll see what I can get from my FLGS. I'll have to figure out what to do with the Haqqislam models. Maybe sell them to one of my buddies haha.

So it looks like I'm definitely going to have the support and the Remotes as my next purchases. After that, I'll slowly expand to the BRV and Shaolin models. How are the Yan Huo and Zu'Yong HIs? They look really cool.

8. Goober321

Goober321 New Member

The Zuyong are pretty standard no-frills HI. I'm hoping they become linkable and pick up a few new profiles in the upcoming sectorial but in the meantime they aren't super exciting.

I do like the SWC discount on the HMG lieutenant profile though, especially for smaller games or if you have Chain of Command. Zuyong aren't flashy, but it's still a BS13 HI profile that can run around making use of the lieutenant order and causing some havoc. Not my first choice but not a bad option.

I don't much care for the other Zuyong profiles at the moment, there are just better options available elsewhere so I can't really justify the points expenditure. I'm happy for someone to convince me otherwise though!

The Yan Huo are really cool. The multi HMG option isn't great at the moment because it's eclipsed by the other two profiles.

The HRMC option is a monster, it's a mini TAG running around with a gun that can saw the top of a building off. In your active turn, there is not much that can handle 5 dice at BS14. The HRMC doesn't have bad range bands past 8" either so you can engage stuff pretty reliably out to 48".

The downside to the Yan Huo is that it's sloooow. 4-2 movement which is not common for Yu Jing HI. This is partially compensated for by the range bands of the HRMC but he is pretty easy to manoeuvre around. The Yan Huo are also S5, so slightly harder to hide/find cover but they can vault over bigger stuff so it's give and take there.

Did I mention that the Yan Huo is slow? Well imagine if there was a profile that didn't need to move much? But wait, there is! Enter the neurocinetics ML. B2 in ARO, on a massive BS14, arm 5, HI chasis with 2 wounds. Pop him on roof in cover and giggle while your opponent wastes orders trying to deal with it.

Extremely impetuous troops are really going to struggle with a Yan Huo in overwatch, and with AP+Exp rounds he can cause serious problems for even TAG's or anything with armour. If he takes a wound, no worries, just pop down prone and jump back up later.

Yan Huo are cool, and if you can't decide between them, take both! They also look badass. I recommend trying them out!

Azuset likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation